Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• To be fair, Trump does bash Chicago a lot. He has for years, why should they like him.

Secondly, you are bashing the news paper, and kicking them out of the "great news paper" club because they dont "share the same brain(as you) and pass it along".

Grant you, I watched his speech and thought he did well. Yes, he was only stating facts in regards to Chicago crime, but he did do it in an insulting manner at times throughout his speech

The Point was the SunTimes set them selves up as the only self appointed voice For All Chicagoans. They dished it out on him on Monday Morning. So when he talked about the Elephants in the room they started licking their wounds, only to have all of Chicago fall as the victim. They should stay as Reporting The News and keep their own personable views to themselves. It has been said, views are like Assholes.., everybody has one. I this case Some more than others. Please Do Not take directed to you Sir, just IMHO.

• WOLF Grant you, I watched his speech and thought he did well. Yes, he was only stating facts in regards to Chicago crime, but he did do it in an insulting manner at times throughout his speech.

Yes Trump can be smug but 1500 dead is rather insulting too. Chicago is telling in so many ways. And as far as our President being in an insulting manner - There is nothing the "other side" hasn't called him or said about him in the most vile ways. Yes it's difficult to watch sometimes, but what goes around comes around.

Since Trump insulted them first, I'm glad you aren't upset that it came around on him.:saint:

• The Point was the SunTimes set them selves up as the only self appointed voice For All Chicagoans. They dished it out on him on Monday Morning. So when he talked about the Elephants in the room they started licking their wounds, only to have all of Chicago fall as the victim. They should stay as Reporting The News and keep their own personable views to themselves. It has been said, views are like Assholes.., everybody has one. I this case Some more than others. Please Do Not take directed to you Sir, just IMHO.

The counterpoint was that he has been talking Chicago down since before he ran for office and a lot since he started running for office and as President.

• I agree with you WOLF on that. sorry for any confusion. It’s that they send the wrong message thru the hatred of its editors onto hopefully open minded readers Like me. I can’t understand their Philosophy. If only They use the journalistic talents they have and to go after and expose the crooked Politicians here and corrupt court system. Cops could do their jobs better and A lot of repeat offenders would be SOL and crime would drop. Illegal Guns and Drugs on the streets are what make these streets unsafe. Even just to drive thru as an avenue to a hospital or other arterial routes.

• "Pro is the opposite of con and progress is the opposite of Congress.’

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• and then there is this question

If you dont plan on voting for Trump in 2020 - which one of the people, other than him, who are actually running do you think is worth supporting?

its easy to not like Mr. Trump, the man is a buffoon, but given the other options, and I mean real options not people you wish were running, who will you support.

simply being against Trump isnt really very meaningful if you don't have a better choice

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• I couldn’t agree with you more - while I support Trump - for a very smart man he can be terribly obtuse. One of his greatest qualities IMO is he is NOT a politician - and that drives many folks crazy. If you could take Obama’s suaveness and blend it with Trump policies you would have the greatest President ever. However, Trump ain’t changing - so as abrasive as he can be - he is still better than the entire field of pukes in the Dem field combined. Has America devolved so far that it has no one better to lead our country and heal this divide? Trump is not going to heal anything - he is hated by the left too badly. If any of the Dems are elected President it will as bad or worse this time around for Reps. We the people had better catch our snap or our grandchildren will find out what it’s like to live in Venezuela. Once the ship starts sinking it will be tough to keep it afloat.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• How can anyone else ever accomplish anything with this constant crap thrown his way? This guy just keeps moving forward, and he does it for free! You bet I want this guy on my side. Heck, I would never want him on the other side! Drain that swamp!

Now lets get that USMCA done!

• SoCal you are sooo right, why do you think Trump gets so much grief.

You can’t do an absolutely horrible job at something and expect reasonable people not to comment.

I suppose nobody likes to be called out for abhorrent behavior even if it’s true

And this one, One must go ask; is it a newspaper or a commentary. There is a difference. Journalism should be objective, you already agreed he essentially went there and insulted them in person, which is what the news paper said he came to do. Sounds like news, not opinion.8o

• How can anyone else ever accomplish anything with this constant crap thrown his way? This guy just keeps moving forward, and he does it for free! You bet I want this guy on my side. Heck, I would never want him on the other side! Drain that swamp!

Now lets get that USMCA done!

You may want to remove the, "does it for free" part. He is a con man and a swindler, he might be donating his President pay, but as stated before, he's a smart business man and is getting paid.