Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Your missing the point - Trump is not asking for praise and is crediting the great military action. Trump - just like Obama - just approved the mission. We all know the boots on the ground is what made the missions successful. If you look back at the Bin Laden killing - people were dancing in the streets, the media was bubbling over, the Democrats were having multiple orgasms, and Republicans were very supportive - all giving credit to Obama. Now Trump does the EXACT same thing and none of those same voices are praising him. If you cannot see all the bias against Trump —- I know your very smart but wasn’t aware you were blind. :00008172::00008172:

You missed my point. They aren't praising Trump because now they know not to praise the president, because Trump told them six months after all the Obama praise started.;)

• I always thought that lynching had something to do with a rope, now I reckon it means talking also.

• Another example of the glaring prejustice against Trump from the media and Democrats. When Obama announced that Bin Laden has been killed the media - Dems and Reps piled on the congratulations like he was a conquering war hero. Rightly so - I am not begrudging him for the credit as he was our President. Now that Trump has eliminated the leader of ISIS putting an end to the caliphate does he get credit??? NO - the Dems and media can barely eek out compliments about our troops being great and just barely mention Trump. You can’t have it both ways - if they are gonna slam Trump for everything they perceive as wrong - then he at least deserves the same coverage and respect previous Presidents have enjoyed. I can hardly see where killing this animal can be perceived as bad but given time I’m sure they will find something wrong about it. These people are so desperate to see Trump removed that they have long forgot about trying to move our country forward. Very sad !!!

I just saw replays of when Bin Laden was taken down. My jaw dropped at the difference on the coverage! Media was full of laughter, it was Christmas day under the tree. Morning Joe said Obama deserves credit along with the troops for his courage to make the call. It was real, the media was totally different!

• So lets think about this

California decides it would be good for the world for the State to lead the way in the fight against global warming or whatever. In their great wisdom they mandate that the utilities get more of their energy from "green" sources

Unfortunately these green sources are not as cheep as more conventional sources so the utilities are forced to spend more, At this same time the Government mandated / approved rates that the Utility can charge remain pretty much the same because if they were to be raised enough to pay for this increase in green power the public might balk at having to pay more and who knows they might even vote for non liberal candidates

So now what is the utility to do? - - their overhead has gone up dramatically to pay for electricity from green renewable sources, but their income has not - - so what to they do?

thats right they cut back on the upkeep and maintenance of the grid. It takes time but slowly and surly the grid becomes less reliable and more likely to fail and potentially start wild fires - - - - - and guess what? thats exactly what happens - some of the worst fires in the States history get started by failed utility company equipment and many many acres are burned, many homes are lost and worst of all many lives are lost.

So now to help prevent their unsafe grid from doing this again we have the utility shutting down the power to literally millions of customers, but apparently this does not work and now California is once again burning, the fires have once again been started by bad utility equipment and we once again have millions without power for what could be up to 5 days

and on top of all of this the smoke from these fires has probably contributed far more crap into the atmosphere that could mess with climate than ever could have been saved in a hundred years by forcing the utilities to buy a higher percentage of more expensive green energy

This is what you get when idiots run a government - if you dont live in California dont think you are safe from this type of garbage - - this is the government the Democrats would love to bring to the rest of the country

Let California be you warning as to what you shouldn't do and to who you should never vote for

California's forced effort to make people be greener just so they could pat themselves on the back has in fact caused more pollution and in addition cost lives and millions in lost property

this is what happens when a government mandates things that look good today without looking at what will happen in the long term

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Great info! I believe in a green environmental efforts but they must be thoroughly thought through! They have to fit in from, fit, function & cost. For everyone! If not, they are doomed to fail and they have consequences as you have noted.

• In my view when the Government says they are going to fix something it is best if you run as far and as fast as you can

9 times out of 10 they will only succeeded in making things worse and all 10 times you and I are going to be the ones who pay

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Reagan said the worst words you can ever hear are “I’m from the government and I’m here to help you”

As green and crazy as the leadership is in California the people of California understand another kind of green. Their wallets. I am hopeful the wake up call is coming soon. Our pendulum here is pegged so far left it has to swing back at some point I would hope.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• As Our President came to Chicago yesterday the SunTimes news paper had nothing but spurs of hatred printed for him. It’s so saddening that a once great news paper had turned so politically opinionated.
    Today this is the headline. Another words if some one doesn’t share the same brain and pass it along, your out of the club.
    Now before anyone bashes me, in my defense Trump has said some things I might not agree with, but as for being wrong All The Time....., No. We All have Erasers on our pencils, and if you don’t, who do you think your kidding?

Might not be my first choice for entertainment (not my last either) and I don't know or care about his political leanings but I have to give Dave Chapelle credit for being steadfast and brave enough to stand by his personal beliefs instead of giving in to the mob ....

"(I) don't get mad at 'em, don't hate on 'em," he said while discussing comedians he knows to be racist. "Man, it's not that serious. The First Amendment is first for a reason. Second Amendment is just in case the First one doesn't work out."

-Dave Chappelle

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Oh, by the way Police Chief Eddie Johnson is bitting his short time to enjoy the higher Retirement pay coming April 2020.
    Obviously he doesn't want to step on any toes by going against his employer to attend the Chiefs Meeting.

• As Our President came to Chicago yesterday the SunTimes news paper had nothing but spurs of hatred printed for him. It’s so saddening that a once great news paper had turned so politically opinionated.
    Today this is the headline. Another words if some one doesn’t share the same brain and pass it along, your out of the club.
    Now before anyone bashes me, in my defense Trump has said some things I might not agree with, but as for being wrong All The Time....., No. We All have Erasers on our pencils, and if you don’t, who do you think your kidding?

To be fair, Trump does bash Chicago a lot. He has for years, why should they like him.

Secondly, you are bashing the news paper, and kicking them out of the "great news paper" club because they dont "share the same brain(as you) and pass it along".

Grant you, I watched his speech and thought he did well. Yes, he was only stating facts in regards to Chicago crime, but he did do it in an insulting manner at times throughout his speech.

• WOLF Grant you, I watched his speech and thought he did well. Yes, he was only stating facts in regards to Chicago crime, but he did do it in an insulting manner at times throughout his speech.

Yes Trump can be smug but 1500 dead is rather insulting too. Chicago is telling in so many ways. And as far as our President being in an insulting manner - There is nothing the "other side" hasn't called him or said about him in the most vile ways. Yes it's difficult to watch sometimes but what goes around comes around.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎