Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I am really getting sick and tired of all of the hate

I am sick of all of the idiots on the Left spewing hate for Trump and I am equally as sick of those on the Right who spew hate for everything on the left

what the "F" ever happened to working together and agreeing to disagree? Why is it that now people think it is okay and acceptable to hate people simply because they have a different political view?

I will say the one truly redeeming thing I am thankful for is the civility here in this forum between people with differing views - Thank you all for being a light to show me that it is still possible and that there still might be hope

:thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• I opened this thread the inaugural day of this forum. It has been my baby and I been rocking it since. Save and except maybe 2 or 3 folks that were very liberal and personally attacked people for their opinions - everyone has been cordial and respectful throughout. Could it be that I dare say folks here have worked hard and been successful knowing there is nothing such as a “free ride” (unless your here illegally) and oppose liberal give away programs. Everybody should have healthcare but is the only way to do that is to drive us off a financial cliff. I think there is nothing wrong with giving folks a hand up if they have hit rock bottom - not support them for generations. Does that make me evil and heartless?Even though all the Democrat’s fodder sounds good to the uninformed - there is no way mathematically possible for what they want to make “free” feasible. Now to your point Edward Neal - as Republicans and far right can use toxic language (I fully admit Trump is one), the far left is far more likely to resort to violence. Reason being they have no way to win a fact based debate so they resort firstly to name calling then assault. Many of we conservatives found Obama and his policies just as distasteful as liberals do Trump - we bitched among ourselves but did not become violent. There are a lot of Democrats that are good folks that have been silenced due to the party being drug so far left by way of a 29 year old former bartender - AOC and a few others. I been wearing Trump hats since 2015 never dreaming that someday I could be assaulted for wearing it. I have people almost every time I’m in public give positive comments on my hats - but won’t wear one for fear of ANTIFA or far left radicals verbally or physically assaulting them. Until the far left is shut down and made to realize their policies are never gonna fly plus any acts of violence will be met with overwhelming law enforcement. Then their crimes being prosecuted with maximum sentences imposed upon conviction the madness will not stop. The real question is — conservatives are passive as a rule but when is enough - enough and we begin to push back. If the sane people (left or right) don’t get together and shut down the insane - how could we ever have a civil society with rules of decorum as in generations passed? Without that it truly concerns me that a left vs right civil war is brewing which will be our country’s worst nightmare - civility must be demanded once again both governmental and private society!!!

sorry for the long rant - time for a fine Kentucky bourbon and a COHIBA :00008359::00008359:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• As a Republican I do not post support for the party in any way for fear of vandalism. Sad, I have to worry about trash on my lawn or vandalized vehicle/home. I was in downtown Philadelphia last year to catch a Phillies game with my brother and nice. Only to be verbally assaulted by antifa simply for wearing an Air Force hat (guess antifa didn't agree with that). I found out the next day they were there because Candace Owens was in town. antifa was there to suppress free speech from Candace.

I thought antifa was against fascism? People in Philadelphia have had their vehicles kicked in and set on fire for republican bumper stickers. But then again it's celebrated for democratic politicians like Maxine Waters encouraging bad behavior stating trump supporters "are not welcome" Think what would happen if it was reversed?

As a note I would have no fear whatsoever wearing or posting anything displaying Byrnie, Hilleary or Joe Biden etc. 100% heartfelt on that. Strange as I see yard signs posting "hate has no home here"? Really!

• All that shit went out the door when "I'm offended" came in. Best we send everyone in congress to Russia and start over.

• As a Republican I do not post support for the party in any way for fear of vandalism. Sad, I have to worry about trash on my lawn or vandalized vehicle/home. I was in downtown Philadelphia last year to catch a Phillies game with my brother and nice. Only to be verbally assaulted by antifa simply for wearing an Air Force hat (guess antifa didn't agree with that). I found out the next day they were there because Candace Owens was in town. antifa was there to suppress free speech from Candace.

I thought antifa was against fascism? People in Philadelphia have had their vehicles kicked in and set on fire for republican bumper stickers. But then again it's celebrated for democratic politicians like Maxine Waters encouraging bad behavior stating trump supporters "are not welcome" Think what would happen if it was reversed?

As a note I would have no fear whatsoever wearing or posting anything displaying Byrnie, Hilleary or Joe Biden etc. 100% heartfelt on that. Strange as I see yard signs posting "hate has no home here"? Really!

I live in California and I can total sympathize with what you are saying - when I first got my slingshot I was looking at one of the AMR stars and stripes graphic kits that Slingmods sells - I thought it would look really great on my red SL. When I asked my wife what she thought se said she loved it, but it would probably end up getting my slingshot keyed

I am probably pushing it with my thin blue line American flag - considering the guy across the street from me has a huge "Resist" bumper sticker on his Prius

its just sad that to the left freedom of speech is only allowed if it is speech they approve of - if a left wing author were speaking at a college campus most conservatives would simply stay home because they are not interested, those who did go would be there to listen and possibly learn

on the other hand if a conservative author were to speaking at a college campus the liberals would first protest to try to stop it from happening and if that failed they would show up in droves and scream, wave signs and shout down the speaker so that no one could hear - they would literally use their freedom of speech to deny the speaker his right to freedom of speech

and this is not unusual in happens at campuses across this country all the time - institutions that are suppose to be bastions of learning purposefully shutting down opposing ideas and thought

very sad

• People in Philadelphia have had their vehicles kicked in and set on fire for republican bumper stickers. But then again it's celebrated for democratic politicians like Maxine Waters encouraging bad behavior stating trump supporters "are not welcome".

Damn ... spent a lot of time in and around Philly between '76 and '86 .. a whole lot sure has changed since Rizzo was mayor ...... sorry to hear, was a great place to spend my younger years especially just after the Bicentennial.... sounds like I should probably be glad I haven't been back ....

.... sad-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Bill Martin and Frankie55

You forget, as I'm sure you knew at the time. Republicans can be equally and at times more violent then liberals.

Frankie you bring up Maxine encouraging violence as if it were a Liberal only phenomenon. President Trump called on a rally crowd to "punch them in the mouth" and some Republican did his bidding. It is like this throughout politics, denegrade their guy for doing something and cheer your guy when they do the same thing. When people choose a team, they can overlook a lot of bad, "for the greater good of the team". They say, "All I know is my side is doing it for the right reasons(my reasons), it's different" It isn't.

I believe it was a Republican that drove his car into a crowd of Liberals, hitting multiple people.

Let's not forget, "far right terrorists" shooting up and setting fire to Baptist and Muslim churches.

The list goes on and on for both sides.

Edward Neal just did what he said he is tired of. His first statements, denegraded both sides. Then as if he forgot, he admonished the right, and only denegraded the left as if protecting his side. Which is weird because he claims not to have a side.

• I said I am tired of hate - - telling the truth about how both sides react when the other side tries to express its view point is not hate and it is not denigrating - - unless you consider telling the truth to be hateful or denigrating

it is a simple fact that across the country on college campuses the left routinely tries to stop conservatives from expressing their viewpoint - this is not an opinion it is a fact

UC Berkeley had to settle a law suit over their treatment of conservative speakers link

I

• You are Right, it is only the Left that acts that way. You are Right, Every Left wing person with a resist sticker will key your Sling. You are Right, grouping all people on the Left in with the very few bad apples isn't hateful. Sorry I misunderstood.

• Edward Neal when some on the left held anti-gun rallies, who showed up with guns to intimidate and antagonize them, subsequently leading to arguments and arrests on both sides? "The Left"? Had to be, because the Right stays home or comes to listen. They would never try to stifle somebody's freedom of speech, they were just practicing their own, Right?

• Please let me start by saying 2 points. 1. I am a Conservative. 2. There are troublemakers on both sides. I watch the news on Fox as well as the other main stream channels. I try to have a diverse info stream. This way I try to maintain my balance. However let’s look at our disfunctional government. In the last three years what have the Democrats done besides block Trump? It seems that all their time is spent looking under rocks for ways to discredit him. They have forgotten what we sent them to Washington for. This keeps the Republicans on the defensive and nothing gets done. There were some laws passed in the first year but nothing has been done since. Obama had his critics, but they did not act out like what’s going on now. With the news media publicizing the violent attacks, and not condemning them, they are getting worse. This shit is getting out of hand.

YLM. Your Life Matters

• Please let me start by saying 2 points. 1. I am a Conservative. 2. There are troublemakers on both sides. I watch the news on Fox as well as the other main stream channels. I try to have a diverse info stream. This way I try to maintain my balance. However let’s look at our disfunctional government. In the last three years what have the Democrats done besides block Trump? It seems that all their time is spent looking under rocks for ways to discredit him. They have forgotten what we sent them to Washington for. This keeps the Republicans on the defensive and nothing gets done. There were some laws passed in the first year but nothing has been done since. Obama had his critics, but they did not act out like what’s going on now. With the news media publicizing the violent attacks, and not condemning them, they are getting worse. This shit is getting out of hand.

Mitch McConnell publicly said, "we will vote no on everything and make him a do nothing president". He held true to his word. Of course that led to Obama posting more executive orders, thus further infuriating Conservatives.

Don't forget these gems.

You are right about one thing, for people that pick a team, it does always look like "my team didn't act like that".

• You are Right, it is only the Left that acts that way. You are Right, Every Left wing person with a resist sticker will key your Sling. You are Right, grouping all people on the Left in with the very few bad apples isn't hateful. Sorry I misunderstood.

you didnt misunderstand - - you just didnt read or if you did you decided to make untrue assumptions

I never said every person with a resist sticker is bad - you assumed that - its in your head - I only talked about one person, my neighbor, who drives a Prius, has a resist sticker, and talks about the anti trump rallies he goes to with his partner - knowing this man and having heard his views I feel it is best to keep my pro USA views to my self - and yes I do get the feeling he is the type who migt key a car