Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Still some class in Hollywood

Apparently Ellen Degeneres was seen at a football game sitting with George and Laura Bush and the Twitter universe erupted with people all upset that she could be seen with a conservative. Later Ellen addressed this on her show and this is part of what she said:

"Here's the thing: I'm friends with George Bush. In fact, I'm friends with a lot of people who don't share the same beliefs that I have," DeGeneres continued. "We're all different and I think that we've forgotten that that's okay that we're all different... but just because I don't agree with someone on everything doesn't mean that I'm not going to be friends with them."

I have always thought Ellen was class act - and this just confirms it

link to story

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• WOLF - glad to see your back in the discussion again - missed ya there for a while. I have a question for you that you would be good to ask. As 2020 is rolling up on us I find myself in the same place I was at in 2016. I would castrate myself with a dull butter knife rather than vote for Hillary Clinton. Now in 2020 I will give you that Trump is unconventional and there is a lot not to like there. However, this band of pukes that the Dem Party is deciding which one can be the farthest left - literally giving the country away what am I to do?? Don’t say a 3rd Party candidate cause I refuse to throw my vote away - it means too much. As it looks like Elizabeth Warren will get the nomination am I to vote for her so she can increase my SSI by $200 and tax the rest of my wealth into oblivion??? Give me a reason POLICY WISE to not vote for President Trump !!’ What are you thinkin — I’m listening....

PS Don’t say Trump is a liar - Warren ain’t to strong in that category either !!:P

Bill no one can tell you how to vote but as for me I still believe that Trump is the better choice of all the candidates DNC or RNC. I can't for the life of me see how AOC can convince people to eat their babies. Where is this woman from? Maybe she should go live with the cannables in South America Or wherever that tribe is from. She is a good example of what the Democrats are becoming.

• I gotta take up for WOLF here. He is probably the only one for a long time with a differing opinion from most of us. He may come across harsh at times but he has always been respectful to me and I him even though he is continually wrong :00008359:. That being said Orangeman is correct both sides countrywide need to chill before it becomes all an out war IMO .

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• "Here's the thing: I'm friends with George Bush. In fact, I'm friends with a lot of people who don't share the same beliefs that I have," DeGeneres continued. "We're all different and I think that we've forgotten that that's okay that we're all different... but just because I don't agree with someone on everything doesn't mean that I'm not going to be friends with them."

link to story

This is the biggest issue we have as a nation right now. We have all been divided in to believing that the D or R means more than the individuals. From a personal standpoint...I have a hard time believing that a bunch of millionaires that have been telling people what to believe and how to live their lives can really relate to me or what I have done in my life. This goes for athletes, movie stars, and especially those in a position of government. They aren't in it for us...how can they be? They can't relate to the american people...they have made sure to divide us all so we stop looking at them.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• This is the biggest issue we have as a nation right now. We have all been divided in to believing that the D or R means more than the individuals. From a personal standpoint...I have a hard time believing that a bunch of millionaires that have been telling people what to believe and how to live their lives can really relate to me or what I have done in my life. This goes for athletes, movie stars, and especially those in a position of government. They aren't in it for us...how can they be? They can't relate to the american people...they have made sure to divide us all so we stop looking at them.

I agree - loved it last week when Zuckerberg was speaking at some event and he said that he agreed with some politician that no one should be a billionaire

if thats really what he thinks then why isnt he giving his billions to the state to help with it homeless problem or some other good cause - - he says this crap, but then he just goes on making and keeping more of his billions.

Now - dont get me wrong - I think its great he can make billions, wish I could, but dont expect me to listen to you espousing that no one should be making billions when thats exactly what you are doing - - acting like you are anti capitalism when capitalism is making you richer every single day is just a bit much for me

• if thats really what he thinks then why isnt he giving his billions to the state to help with it homeless problem or some other good cause - - he says this crap, but then he just goes on making and keeping more of his billions.

Now - dont get me wrong - I think its great he can make billions, wish I could, but dont expect me to listen to you espousing that no one should be making billions when thats exactly what you are doing - - acting like you are anti capitalism when capitalism is making you richer every single day is just a bit much for me

Unfortunately...he wouldn't even be noticed for a guy having a good idea if he didn't have that level of money. I don't think there is anything wrong with making millions or billions...I actually think everyone should be chasing that...but I can't buy in to the fact that he actually wants to make a difference. He has the money to literally make a difference and he's chosen not to. Does he do charitable acts? Yes. But those charitable acts aren't putting a dent in to the issues that are there. This is my biggest issue with government controlling my money...there is no oversight, there is over spending, and no one knows where the money goes. Government agencies have lost over $10+trillion over the last 25 years and no one knows where it went. That is a huge issue.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Unfortunately...he wouldn't even be noticed for a guy having a good idea if he didn't have that level of money. I don't think there is anything wrong with making millions or billions...I actually think everyone should be chasing that...but I can't buy in to the fact that he actually wants to make a difference. He has the money to literally make a difference and he's chosen not to. Does he do charitable acts? Yes. But those charitable acts aren't putting a dent in to the issues that are there. This is my biggest issue with government controlling my money...there is no oversight, there is over spending, and no one knows where the money goes. Government agencies have lost over $10+trillion over the last 25 years and no one knows where it went. That is a huge issue.

67 Billion! - - that is Zuckerberg's net worth

If he really meant it when he said he thought no one should be a billionaire he could give 66.1 Billion to any cause he chose enough to make a huge difference and still leave him a very rich man by most peoples standards, just not a billionaire

the fact that he says it, but then does nothing tells me he doesnt really believe what he is saying - its either all just talk or he thinks no one other than him should be a billionaire

• WOLF - glad to see your back in the discussion again - missed ya there for a while. I have a question for you that you would be good to ask. As 2020 is rolling up on us I find myself in the same place I was at in 2016. I would castrate myself with a dull butter knife rather than vote for Hillary Clinton. Now in 2020 I will give you that Trump is unconventional and there is a lot not to like there. However, this band of pukes that the Dem Party is deciding which one can be the farthest left - literally giving the country away what am I to do?? Don’t say a 3rd Party candidate cause I refuse to throw my vote away - it means too much. As it looks like Elizabeth Warren will get the nomination am I to vote for her so she can increase my SSI by $200 and tax the rest of my wealth into oblivion??? Give me a reason POLICY WISE to not vote for President Trump !!’ What are you thinkin — I’m listening....

PS Don’t say Trump is a liar - Warren ain’t to strong in that category either !!:P

Bill I would love to go on about policies that Trump has or plans to implement that would have me not vote for him, but you aren't me and my reasons would not be reasons that change your mind.

I actually hope that if Trump is rightfully impeachable, it happens soon so that Kasich can fire up his political machine and become the Republican nominee with plenty of time to change hearts and minds. Then none of us need to "hold our nose" while we vote. There are those that hate Kasich because he never fell in line with Trump. That is, for me, a reason to like him. He sticks to what he says, unlike many others that called Trump the worst person during the election only to "put the country above my own feelings"(Ted...). Those false patriots were worried about their jobs. Their falling in line was only to help themselves, not the country. If you think somebody is a bad person and bad for the country, you don't fall in line, you continue to push back.

If the President using his position to get foreign governments to assist in his campaign is an impeachable offense. Trump admitted to it in that tweet I posted when I called him a moron. Open and shut, slam dunk, right Bill?

So there ya go, no third party, no holding your nose and voting for Trump and definently no voting for a Dem. Kasich:thumbsup:

I will say election campaigns do show me who is genuine and who is a wishy, washy politician. I hate it and try not to vote for the person that changes their messages and positions because they see somebody else gaining ground with a certain position. That is probably the only thing I can say I respect about Trump, he sticks to HIS OWN talking points.

• I gotta take up for WOLF here. He is probably the only one for a long time with a differing opinion from most of us. He may come across harsh at times but he has always been respectful to me and I him even though he is continually wrong :00008359:. That being said Orangeman is correct both sides countrywide need to chill before it becomes all an out war IMO .

Bill, I have been right(correct), right(east of you), right (Republican) and I also write(type) all in this thread. ;)

I will try to be better in my efforts not to offend any bloody snowflakes or cause anyone to feel the need to go into a rage(temper tantrum(cry)) closet.:P

• Though, calling a little person little and a fat person a big m'f'er. Isn't insulting them. It's stating fact. If the truth offends anyone, go find a cry closet.:*

WOLF those are good examples, attacking someone's physical attributes is often used by those losing. The cry closet one is great too it can be used to imply someone is mentally weak and the closet part can also be used to question someone's sexual orientation. Examples are always helpful.:thumbsup:

• The only grounds for TRUE, PROVABLE impeachment, which is "high crimes or Treason" would be the Democrat party themselves,

They have been committing Treason ever since PRESIDENT TRUMP won the election.

And if the Dems think telling a country to merely INVESTIGATE corruption is wrong, what the hell do they think the punishment for Treason should be?

• The only grounds for TRUE, PROVABLE impeachment, which is "high crimes or Treason" would be the Democrat party themselves,

They have been committing Treason ever since PRESIDENT TRUMP won the election.

And if the Dems think telling a country to merely INVESTIGATE corruption is wrong, what the hell do they think the punishment for Treason should be?

You do realize you just said you think investigating for corruption is the right thing to do, while calling the Dems treasonous for doing it, right?

• You do realize you just said you think investigating for corruption is the right thing to do, while calling the Dems treasonous for doing it, right?

What ya gonna do when the Dems start going down for THEIR corruption ??? The net is starting to expand !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• What ya gonna do when the Dems start going down for THEIR corruption ??? The net is starting to expand !!!

You ask that as if I'm a Democrat. I've said it many times. If somebody is breaking the law and they can be convicted, convict them. I will cheer as the swamp gets cleaned out. What is funny is that many people claim they want corruption out of politics, then cry foul if "their people" are investigated. Party blindness is real. I am loyal to no party.