Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I hate to tell you that nothing had happened at the time to make the public all of a sudden buy everything on the shelf, 22 ammo was first and then the hand gun stuff disappeared. Also this was when Homeland Security bought the millions and millions of rounds of ammo. I forget the number but look it up. That was the statement that everyone wanted to use but that is not what happened. Some thing has to happen for the public to do that and there was nothing and no kind of scare either. Just one day and all of the 22 ammo was gone. Now after a couple of months of that happening the public WAS buying everything that could be found and only in the past 2 years have you been able to pretty much buy what you want.

During the 22cal shortage I spoke to someone in the industry and they gave a pretty simple explanation. He said the there were no facilities that only make 22 ammo. A production line is shut down and retooled for 22 for a short production run each year. The demand for other caliber rounds and the fact that they make more money in those calibers derailed the change over to making 22. It became a shortage because they didn't replenish the stock.

• The ammo disappeared before all of this and the gov. was pushing the blame on the public. You would really have to be a shooter to understand all of this and buying and shooting ammo every day not stocking up. After this happened, Yes the people/the buying public started stocking up and the people that were shooting as a hobby started stocking what they shot all of the time.

• During the 22cal shortage I spoke to someone in the industry and they gave a pretty simple explanation. He said the there were no facilities that only make 22 ammo. A production line is shut down and retooled for 22 for a short production run each year. The demand for other caliber rounds and the fact that they make more money in those calibers derailed the change over to making 22. It became a shortage because they didn't replenish the stock.

I still want to know the real reason that it happened without the BS! Yes that is the line. they fed the public but how could that be true when they were keeping up before.

• I am not a conspiracy theorist but IMO the anti gun folks know they will never be able to take away our firearms but if they can ever get control of ammunition and gunpowder we will all be left with expensive clubs !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I still want to know the real reason that it happened without the BS! Yes that is the line. they fed the public but how could that be true when they were keeping up before.

It isn't too complicated. The start: Obama became president.

All Republican media and talking heads: "Obama is coming for your ammo"

Every scared little conspiracy believer ran out and stocked up, causing regular shooters to stock up, causing casual shooters to stock up. Look at gun manufacturer and ammo manufacturers' stock prices while Obama was president. There's your "research".;) Simple, predictable paranoia. It will happen again when a Democrat becomes President again, the fear is real.

• It isn't too complicated. The start: Obama became president.

All Republican media and talking heads: "Obama is coming for your ammo"

Every scared little conspiracy believer ran out and stocked up, causing regular shooters to stock up, causing casual shooters to stock up. Look at gun manufacturer and ammo manufacturers' stock prices while Obama was president. There's your "research".;) Simple, predictable paranoia. It will happen again when a Democrat becomes President again, the fear is real.

I have already stated that the public did not start the problem, that it came from something else. Yes, after it happened the public started buying everything out there. They did not create the problem to start with.

• Lets put credit where credit is due… Thank you Mr Obama for spurring the capitalist
    system and creating great wealth for the gun and ammo business! The economy really needed any boost it could get at that time and he was ingenious in helping the private sector. Well done!

fullsizeoutput_2421.jpeg

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I have a few friends attending the phillies game tonight. Not a big baseball fan but thought I would watch just because friends were there, First thing I saw was former philly John Kruk suddenly wearing a bright yellow philly hat. Politics suck but they really suck and have no place in sports!

Reminded me the MAGA Rally was on. Switched to the MAGA rally to watch something exciting instead. Crowd is much more energized at the rally! :)

• I have a few friends attending the phillies game tonight. Not a big baseball fan but thought I would watch just because friends were there, First thing I saw was former philly John Kruk suddenly wearing a bright yellow philly hat

Yellow... the color of cowardice ... makes sense .....

Stupid .......

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• VERY INTERESTING READ...

https://www.washingtonexaminer…-term-is-gun-confiscation

You can bet a damn lawyer came up with “mandatory buyback” :00008172::00008172:

I don't know what to tell them.........

Except that this man should have found all of my guns there too.

https://www.foxnews.com/great-…i-automatic-rifle-on-lake

It seems my dog must have stole them and dropped them in there when he was chasing a fish.

Never mind that I live in Florida and the lake is in Texas, I guess my dog ran fast.

Fuck the Dems.

• i-WwzTDNN.jpg

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Great find Sir ......sadly many have forgotten 9/11 or are trying to not tell the facts as we who lived thru it knows...9/12 now is more

it is interesting to me when I think that AOC was only 10 or 11 when 9/11 happened - - probably was totally oblivious at the time to the significance of what was happening

Today when I realized it was the 18th anniversary I was at first surprised at how quickly the time had passed, in my mind it still seems like it was yesterday when I woke up to the news showing the first plane hitting and not even knowing what was happening yet, and then I thought about my oldest granddaughter Lyric who just turned 18 last June and thought about how to her it must almost seem like some old historic event that she learned about in school

it blows my mind how her perspective and mine can be so totally different

And it blows my mind even more that people not much older than her can have a say in how we deal with events in the middle east thinking they actually know more or know better than those of us who were adults when 9/11 took place

:/

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies