Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• So one night my family is having dinner at a locally owned place here in town. Our server is chatty and is sharing her life story. Long story short is she moved her family to Alabama from Pennsylvania because the taxes were too high, cost of living was too high, lack of jobs, etc. Huntsville leans to the conservative side and has a pretty good job market because of local and state Govt efforts to attract industry (like Polaris) and she tells us she moved her family here specifically for those opportunities. She then goes on to tell us how much she loves Bernie Sanders and his policies. I almost fell out of my chair the hypocrisy hit me so hard. I'm an independent in terms of political parties, but for the life of me I couldn't understand how someone could rationalize leaving an area where liberal fiscal policies had created an environment she didn't feel she could raise a family in and then want to apply those same fiscal policies on a national scale. The liberal fiscal policies where she came from had made the conditions so bad that she pulled up roots and moved to an area where she had no family, friends, etc solely because she felt she could be successful there. I couldn't believe that she was standing there telling me how bad it was where she lived before and in the same breath saying how she wanted Bernie Sanders to be President so we could have those same policies on a national scale. There's just no reasoning with some people....

AMEN!

• Interesting side story.

the artist also did a painting of Bush that she mentions in the link titled "War Games" Apparently the paintings were intended as a commentary on how the media portrayed these Presidents. The artist is from Australia and says she had no personal view on American politics at the time

The-story-behind-that-bizarre-painting-of-Bill-Clinton-in-a-dress.png?w=808&ssl=1

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• the artist also did a painting of Bush that she mentions in the link titled "War Games" Apparently the paintings were intended as a commentary on how the media portrayed these Presidents. The artist is from Australia and says she had no personal view on American politics at the time

The-story-behind-that-bizarre-painting-of-Bill-Clinton-in-a-dress.png?w=808&ssl=1

Good insight on the media.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

The sad part is we even have to have this conversation

So one night my family is having dinner at a locally owned place here in town. Our server is chatty and is sharing her life story. Long story short is she moved her family to Alabama from Pennsylvania because the taxes were too high, cost of living was too high, lack of jobs, etc. Huntsville leans to the conservative side and has a pretty good job market because of local and state Govt efforts to attract industry (like Polaris) and she tells us she moved her family here specifically for those opportunities. She then goes on to tell us how much she loves Bernie Sanders and his policies. I almost fell out of my chair the hypocrisy hit me so hard. I'm an independent in terms of political parties, but for the life of me I couldn't understand how someone could rationalize leaving an area where liberal fiscal policies had created an environment she didn't feel she could raise a family in and then want to apply those same fiscal policies on a national scale. The liberal fiscal policies where she came from had made the conditions so bad that she pulled up roots and moved to an area where she had no family, friends, etc solely because she felt she could be successful there. I couldn't believe that she was standing there telling me how bad it was where she lived before and in the same breath saying how she wanted Bernie Sanders to be President so we could have those same policies on a national scale. There's just no reasoning with some people....

The same with many modern "refugees" to the US, come here and instead of assimilating they try to change the US into the same place they fled from .... both situations are happening every day in FL ..... move here then complain about it .. makes no sense ..

...angry-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Did everyone see the latest thing to develop on the investigation? All I can say is O-BOY this is going to get interesting and everyone should watch Fox News tonight for some more on this. This is all coming from the X CEO of Over Stock.com and stores who has been involved in this from almost day one John Price and Bill Martin

• Haven’t really been keeping up with stuff cause I been havin a ball in the Poconos. Ran across this

Bill Maher rejoices in David Koch's passing: 'F--- him ... I'm glad he's dead and I hope the end was painful'

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/bill-maher-david-koch

I always thought liberals were supposed to be caring and compassionate. Don’t look like it according to this asshole. I think George Soros is lower than whale shit but would not wish him to die suffering or bad mouth him if he passed. Guess I’m the caring and compassionate guy ..... who knew :00008172::00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• So one night my family is having dinner at a locally owned place here in town. Our server is chatty and is sharing her life story. Long story short is she moved her family to Alabama from Pennsylvania because the taxes were too high, cost of living was too high, lack of jobs, etc. Huntsville leans to the conservative side and has a pretty good job market because of local and state Govt efforts to attract industry (like Polaris) and she tells us she moved her family here specifically for those opportunities. She then goes on to tell us how much she loves Bernie Sanders and his policies. I almost fell out of my chair the hypocrisy hit me so hard. I'm an independent in terms of political parties, but for the life of me I couldn't understand how someone could rationalize leaving an area where liberal fiscal policies had created an environment she didn't feel she could raise a family in and then want to apply those same fiscal policies on a national scale. The liberal fiscal policies where she came from had made the conditions so bad that she pulled up roots and moved to an area where she had no family, friends, etc solely because she felt she could be successful there. I couldn't believe that she was standing there telling me how bad it was where she lived before and in the same breath saying how she wanted Bernie Sanders to be President so we could have those same policies on a national scale. There's just no reasoning with some people....

Baffle them with BS.....works every time......when the politicians utter the word FREE their brain shuts and normal thinking stops.

• I must admit that I am a bit confused by congress woman Ilhan Omar

Every time I see her she is dressed in a hijab as if she is a strict follower of her religion - yet if the news reports are correct she has had an affair with a married man aiding in the demise of his marriage and also supposedly illegally paid for the same mans travel expenses with campaign money during the time of their affair - - now of course I cant guarantee the affair actually happened, but the man did confess to it to his wife so I tend to think the odds of it being true are very high - - - most guys dont confess to their wives about affairs that didnt happen

it just seems odd to me that if her religion is so important that she does the whole hijab thing that having affairs would be off limits

:/:/

• Just remember, it is perfectly OK to lie if it advances the cause of Islam. And, I don’t remember reading anything in the Quran forbidding an affair.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Wasn't see also married at the time? So say's the news

• Wasn't see also married at the time? So say's the news

if she were actually living in Iran or one of the other countries she seems to love so much I suspect they would stone her for the things she has allegedly done - and I suspect the simple fact that the accusation comes from a man would be all the proof needed

• Horowitz was appointed by OBAMA.....so do you think he has any democratic leanings?If you listen to his language in his Comey report.....it sounds like he wrote the Comey Hilary exoneration report....sounds like the same double speak, legalese to me.

Now read his work history and tell me if he sounds unbiased....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_E._Horowitz

The fix was in.....

• Well it’s another sad holiday going the wrong way once again. The New Mayor stated she’s adding 1,000 Police Officers to patrol the city to have “A Safe Holiday Weekend” as she did for the 4th of July. Typical Politics they have all the answers, except the right ones.

• Enjoying the articles on Walmart's decision to stop selling pistol ammo. The headlines don't much represent the details.

They will sell until the stock is depleted on certain calibers.

Not banning carry in the stores.

Will continue to sell hunting guns and ammo.

Really not a strong antigun position.

They could probably save more lives by not selling alcohol, tobacco, and junkfood, if that's the goal.

Next on the agenda they will help stop drunk drivers by not selling tires.

• Have not heard that one about Walmart and the ammo and one of my shooting buddies works in sporting goods at Walmart. See post # 12,302