Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Saw this on the news and never thought of - 10,784 people were killed by drunk drivers last year but we are not calling to outlaw cars - it’s not the car or the gun - it’s people that choose to drink and drive or shoot innocent people. Interesting way of looking at it I thought.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I think with 3 of these lunatics in a months time I’m afraid they will try and outlaw what they want to classify as an “assault” rifle. I never felt I needed one but I sure hate to see em take everybody else’s right to have one. Just wonder if they do - and it doesn’t work - what their next move will be.

• I think with 3 of these lunatics in a months time I’m afraid they will try and outlaw what they want to classify as an “assault” rifle......

Don't you remember they already tried that...had no effect ...

In the mean time today around 1:30 pm local time 7 people where shot in a Chi town park, seems like a mass shooting to me .... in another part of town at almost the same time 1 killed and 3 more wounded in another shooting .... no "assault rifles" used and it's still early... the shooters don't fit the narrative so no shits given by the Dem candidates .........

...... bored-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I think with 3 of these lunatics in a months time I’m afraid they will try and outlaw what they want to classify as an “assault” rifle. I never felt I needed one but I sure hate to see em take everybody else’s right to have one. Just wonder if they do - and it doesn’t work - what their next move will be.

the problem is that they have no clue what an "assault" weapon is. if something looks the least bit like a military weapon they want to ban it they dont care how much firepower it has or does not have

I have a 9mm carbine that holds 10 rounds - no military person or police officer would ever want it as their assault weapon, but because it has scary features like a pistol grip California says it is an "assault" weapon

Also the second amendment is there so that the people can protect themselves from a tyrannical government and considering this fact then there is every reason to assume it is intended to let the people have the same weapons as the government would have - if not then whats the point?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Everyone remember it only takes like 3 seconds to change a mag, whether it is 3 rounds or 50 rounds. That is why I have at least 4 mags for ever gun that I have. I remember I had to call the manufacturer because I could not find the mags for one of my rifles, the girl on the phone says why it is only 4 round mag, I told her that the powers to be still do not realize that it only takes 3 seconds to change a mag, she replied that she had not thought about that.

• Everyone remember it only takes like 3 seconds to change a mag, whether it is 3 rounds or 50 rounds. That is why I have at least 4 mags for ever gun that I have. I remember I had to call the manufacturer because I could not find the mags for one of my rifles, the girl on the phone says why it is only 4 round mag, I told her that the powers to be still do not realize that it only takes 3 seconds to change a mag, she replied that she had not thought about that.

this is why states like California are now banning anything they consider an assault weapon that has a removable magazine - if you have a gun that has any of the "features" that they have decided are evil and it has a removable magazine in the state of California it is now a banned assault weapon and you have three options. 1 - make it so that the magazine can not be removed. 2 - make it "featureless" by removing any of the so called evil features, or 3 register it as an assault weapon with the State - in California the deadline for doing these with a gun you already owned have passed and guns that have these features and removable magazines are no longer sold unless they are made "California Compliant" before they are brought into the State

I am afraid that this is where the Democrats will be trying to move us on a federal level so I suggest if there is a gun you want with a removable mag and any of the so called bad features you get it now before its too late

that and vote for Trump

• All the previous statements are true - this time I think the Dems will shame the Reps into passing another meaningless law. All the strict gun laws in Chicago has certainly made a difference there

• My “assault weapon” is a Ruger 10/22 with a standard 10 round mag, bull barrel a thumb hole manlicher stock and some trigger refinements. This, under the liberals definitions is an assault weapon and is illegal in California. 😟.

My solution: don’t go to California.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• the problem is that they have no clue what an "assault" weapon is

John Price you are a man after my own heart ....

The "scariest" weapon I own and one they would never even consider putting on a ban list 'cause they have no idea what they are doing .... BTW CA assault weapon "feature" laws only apply to semi-automatic center fire guns.....

https://offgridsurvival.com/li…annedbyassaultweaponsban/

It's was built for me by Tony Kidd, he used to head up the Army marksmanship teams research and development unit at Benning, the only factory part left is the receiver .. everything else but the stock is his..... he started his own shop with the money he won from Anschutz when he built a 10/22 that was just as accurate as their hand built Olympic team bolt action rifles. Something they claimed couldn't be done.

It can put 10 rounds inside a dime all day long and using subsonics is quieter than opening a can of soda ..... I have owned air rifles that had more of a report ..... no suppressor needed .... and you can carry 1000 rounds in your pockets ...I'll put it up against any "assault rifle" in the number of effective single shot hits I can register and you would never know where it was coming from.

Point being you can ban (or rather attempt to) whatever scary looking weapons you wish but until we stop promoting these people and put some serious effort in figuring out why, it will never help.

..... bored-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Actually unless they added them with the most recent changes rimfire rifles have been exempt from the assault weapon ban and the large capacity magazine ban

• As the recent shooting at the garlic festival in Gilroy California proves gun bans do nothing. The deranged young man that did the shooting bought the weapon legally in Nevada and then broke the law by bringing it into California

Californias laws banning it did nothing because the criminal didn't care if he broke the gun law - - seriously if you think it is okay to shoot people does anyone really think you care about other laws????

• I have an old Remington 550 I think tube feed 16 rounds set up with just a scope to shoot golf balls at 100 yards. I use to put at least 500 rounds a day thru it shooting those golf balls. I would have to look to be sure of the model number, I stopped shooting it when S&W came out with the M & P 15 - 22 AR put over 100,000 rounds thru that one in about 6 months

• We have a political system that does everything in its power to divide people and then when this division pushes some mentally unstable person to commit a senseless act like shooting up a festival instead of addressing the division that they have been sowing or that lack of care for the mentally challenged that they created by saying we cant hold these people what do they do

they go after guns

the only thing that needs to be banned to fix this crap is self serving politicians - get rid of them and that will get rid of the problem

JMO

• this is why states like California are now banning anything they consider an assault weapon that has a removable magazine - if you have a gun that has any of the "features" that they have decided are evil and it has a removable magazine in the state of California it is now a banned assault weapon and you have three options. 1 - make it so that the magazine can not be removed. 2 - make it "featureless" by removing any of the so called evil features, or 3 register it as an assault weapon with the State - in California the deadline for doing these with a gun you already owned have passed and guns that have these features and removable magazines are no longer sold unless they are made "California Compliant" before they are brought into the State

I am afraid that this is where the Democrats will be trying to move us on a federal level so I suggest if there is a gun you want with a removable mag and any of the so called bad features you get it now before its too late

that and vote for Trump

If that statement is true, the next Democratic debate will have to be conducted without a MICROPHONE since those bastards are just playing up to the crowds

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• All the previous statements are true - this time I think the Dems will shame the Reps into passing another meaningless law. All the strict gun laws in Chicago has certainly made a difference there

The city I grew up in and have wonderful memories has turned into a frigg’n nightmare. The politicians are just as bad.

• The city I grew up in and have wonderful memories has turned into a frigg’n nightmare. The politicians are just as bad.

It’s just a shame for all the citizens of that great city have to suffer because of decades of failed Democrat policies From what I can read if you get lost in Chicago and wind up on the Southside - you may not ever come out!!