Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Let's not forget the welfare for the wealthy programs going on.

Wealthy parents giving up custody of kids for financial aid, report says | abc13.com

Yep, here is my story. My stepdaughter lives with us. Great kid, very smart. Her dad came here from a U.S. territory (which I like but to be fairly told). Never paid federal taxes (corporate taxes are not the same). Had 15 kids. I do not have any kids but I paid federal taxes for about 40 years. He never payed federal taxes and cost the system multi millions.

We were better and raised her as she was dropped of at our door. We do not know where her parents are. Although we saved the federal government tens of thousands a year (for 11 years) raising her we could not claim her as a dependent to save some money on ridiculous taxes.

Why? Because if we did we would not get support from the government in a situation we were not prepared for. If we would claim her as a dependent to justly save some money we payed into the system we would have been penalized to pay for the education and would have had to refinance our house to pay for her schooling. Never being able to retire! Is this the price for doing the right thing!

So... its free for those that don't put into the system but penalized for those that pay into the system?

• Don't forget you can claim your dogs as dependents if they qualify as a watch dog (any dog will do). I know someone who did this. Truth is we have a very sick system.

• Don't forget you can claim your dogs as dependents if they qualify as a watch dog (any dog will do). I know someone who did this. Truth is we have a very sick system.

My granddaughter came home very late last weekend from a sleepover at a friends house she decided to abort. We all slept through it including our watchdog Baily! He seems to only work on daytime hours. Hah! 8|

• I always advised clients it is OK to step right up to the line on deductions but not enough to induce an audit. Once the IRS gets their teeth into you they never let go. Once upon a time a good friend had a good business going making good money. He wanted to buy a boat in the business name and write it off. I told him DON’T DO IT - It is well known that trying to write a boat off throws up red flags at the IRS. Long story short the IRS climbed up his ass until they ended up finding other write offs that were disallowed and wound up costing him far more than the cost of the boat with penalty and interest. Moral of the story - the IRS is an angry bull already - don’t ever wave a red flag - you WILL get gored !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Chicago spent almost $34G to catch alligator living in city park

https://www.foxnews.com/scienc…spent-34g-catch-alligator

Another example of what is wrong with government —- I know a dozen coonasses that would a caught him for a 12 pack and his tail for gumbo :00008172::00008172::00008172:

They brought a 'professional' in from Florida to finally catch the 'gator'...

• I can tell ya - they are not issuing enough tags for gator capture. They are EVERYWHERE here in Louisiana. I got 2 - 3 footers in my pond right now - I’ve just about given up keepin em out unless a big bull comes in - they can be aggressive....and also tasty 😋 . EjFord - a “professional” :00008172: any coonass named Boudreaux with a shark hook, a piece of rotten chicken, a chain, and a case of Keystone beer is the best gator hunter out there....just ask em:P

• I always advised clients it is OK to step right up to the line on deductions but not enough to induce an audit. Once the IRS gets their teeth into you they never let go. Once upon a time a good friend had a good business going making good money. He wanted to buy a boat in the business name and write it off. I told him DON’T DO IT - It is well known that trying to write a boat off throws up red flags at the IRS. Long story short the IRS climbed up his ass until they ended up finding other write offs that were disallowed and wound up costing him far more than the cost of the boat with penalty and interest. Moral of the story - the IRS is an angry bull already - don’t ever wave a red flag - you WILL get gored !!

Don't wanna pay sales tax on your boat... go out into international waters to sign the deal. Walla no U.S. sales tax.

• Don't wanna pay sales tax on your boat... go out into international waters to sign the deal. Walla no U.S. sales tax.

Sorry - nice try - you can avoid sales tax but IRS will levy an import tax if you are a US resident. IRS can be had....but they ain’t easy :00008172:

• Don't wanna pay sales tax on your boat... go out into international waters to sign the deal. Walla no U.S. sales tax.

easier to just buy it in Oregon or one of the other states that dont have sales tax

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• easier to just buy it in Oregon or one of the other states that dont have sales tax

That proves ya learn something new every day - I have to admit I had to fact check you on that and there is actually 5 states that do not have sales tax. I had no idea - thanks for teaching an old dog a new trick :thumbsup:

• That proves ya learn something new every day - I have to admit I had to fact check you on that and there is actually 5 states that do not have sales tax. I had no idea - thanks for teaching an old dog a new trick :thumbsup:

I think they us to bring a lot of the Northern boats into South Carolina to avoid the annual taxes on the boats until South Carolina cracked down I think it is now that if the boat is here over 90 days you have to pay the S.C. taxes on the boat now.

• I think they us to bring a lot of the Northern boats into South Carolina to avoid the annual taxes on the boats until South Carolina cracked down I think it is now that if the boat is here over 90 days you have to pay the S.C. taxes on the boat now.

Yup ... buy it elsewhere then bring it in to FL, when you register it you pay the tax ........

...... pirate-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I wonder if the Democrats running for President realize the damage they are causing by attacking Obama to injure Biden.

Obama care apparently isn't any good. Obama's deportation policy was disastrous. Where were they when this was happening?