Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• OK, ,what is refreshing is I can be gone from the forum for like what seems like forever and when I come back I see that we are carrying on the same type of dialog.

WOLF - Miss ya my friend. Hope life is going well for you and the family.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• OK, ,what is refreshing is I can be gone from the forum for like what seems like forever and when I come back I see that we are carrying on the same type of dialog.

WOLF - Miss ya my friend. Hope life is going well for you and the family.

All good here. Little man is growing up so fast. The last 2 years are a blur. I will see if I can get the family down to Indiana while we're having good weather. I'll keep you posted there.

Yes, I am here on my favorite carousel. :)

• It sounded to me like there is enough evidence. Mueller said he didn't exonerate Trump, he also said the DOJ opinion is why they didn't indict him now. Though he did walk that back after lunch( read: "The lawyers told me I shouldn't have said that").

Don't forget, your boy needs to win to stay out of jail, because the statute of limitations on his charity law breaking is up 6 months after the election. You know, the charity that he had to shutdown last year.

Interesting take on the testimony, but not what happened. Meuller (who appeared dazed, and incoherent) initially answered that he did not recommend indictment because of OLC opinion. He then came back and corrected himself and reiterated that he did not make a determination as to whether DJT committed a crime. To be clear, he had the authority to make that determination IF the evidence had been persuasive, the OLC opinion was only that he could not indict while DJT was sitting. By the way your quote that "the lawyers told me I shouldn't say that" would only be applicable if his first answer was incorrect (and it was). His second response was IAW the report he supposedly authored.

• This is a debate going nowhere. The bottom line is NOBODY is changing their minds at this point - If you thought Trump was guilty of something he is - if you did not he ain’t. I’m just pulling for this guy

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• For you people that think we are being controlled watch this "The Great Hack" on Netflix They are talking about 5,000 data points on each person. Some 67% of the American public. Amazon - Google - Facebook - Cambridge Analytical and other data companies are controlling what we do and think. This has been happening since the early 2000's. All I can say is watch this Doc. this "THIS SHIT IS REAL AND HAPPENING" I just watched this and my numbers might not be totally accurate I did not have a pen at the time

• [quote='Red','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/369-politics-suck/&postID=277197#post277197']

Thanks for all of those examples. So if you plan a murder but don't attempt or complete the murder are you charged with murder?

[/quote]

You are charged with conspiracy to commit murder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• [quote='Red','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/369-politics-suck/&postID=277328#post277328']

You are charged with conspiracy to commit murder.

So if there was a conspiracy to obstruct why not charge those involved in the conspiracy and leave Trump as an unindited coconspiritor?

Wouldn't impeachment be easy if those persons were convicted?

[/quote]

That it would. Considering that no indictment for conspiracy was handed down there must be insufficient evidence for the charge or to obtain a conviction.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• I’ll tell you the conspiracy - all the Dem lawyers on the Mueller investigation conspiring, colluding and obstructing to try and frame Trump as a traitor just because he won in 2016. Mueller obviously was asleep at the wheel letting his team run justice off a cliff !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I’ll tell you the conspiracy - all the Dem lawyers on the Mueller investigation conspiring, colluding and obstructing to try and frame Trump as a traitor just because he won in 2016. Mueller obviously was asleep at the wheel letting his team run justice off a cliff !!!

Right now it seems to me that the Democrats are intent on running any chance at regaining the Whitehouse off a cliff

this path they have decided to follow is not helping them win over public opinion, Trump has a fantastic economy to run on, and all they seem to have is hate for Trump

As Clinton successfully ran on back against Bush Sr - - "The economy - stupid"

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

This is going to take a while so if you are pressed for time I apologize for the long post ....

Some may (or may not have) noticed I have been mostly absent during this last news cycle, yes...it has been difficult ..some also know we sold my wife's Slingshot because she could no longer drive it do to a non vehicle related accident.

Well Tuesday she had four cervical fusions, a permanent state of the art spinal cord stimulator implanted, and partial reconstruction of her right arm however she will never gain function. Six hours under, one neurosurgeon, two orthopedic surgeons, one reconstructive surgeon, five PA's, and a gaggle of nurses. Then four nights in the neuro spinal recovery unit. She is now home and resting.... by definition she is also now bionic ... robot-squared

So why am I posting this in the Politics Suck thread .....

Well ... it has taken almost four years to the day to get this done. The delay was caused almost entirely by laws and regulations that put control in the hands of and benefited insurance companies as part of Obama care. Since most of the damage caused clinically diagnosed Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (scrambled nerves) and her arm could now never be "fixed", as in made to function because they took the easiest and cheapest route with her second surgery and just removed the locked joint that had previously been cobbled back together rather than a prosthetic implanted, the insurance company was within their rights to "maintain" her condition through a pain management system which has grown several thousand percent since the ACA was enacted which gave her more and ever increasing strengths of drugs to a point that beyond the injury was hugely effecting her life and causing their own health concerns. Read the fine print, the ACA encourages them to put you on drugs. They now estimate six months to get her safely off the pain meds, her load is so high. Just to do the surgery they had to reverse her meds, causing withdrawal for the first 24 hours. This was one of the reasons the insurance company was originally able to use to not do a further surgery, The drugs they put her on made it difficult for them to accept the risk... difficult for them... for them .....

Only because of deregulation and patients rights enacted during this administration was I able, with help from private representation, the State, and the Feds to go after the insurance company, negotiate treatment, request specific surgeons, have cost transparency, be able to involve myself in those decisions as well as pay out of pocket for part of the process during the same surgery that the insurance company was still allowed to deny so it was all done at once with the latest technology. They also have to maintain it all for the rest of her life, even the part I paid for. If we could have waited another year new regulation changes held up in DC (guess by whom) might have made them pay for it all but we couldn't wait any longer.

For those who want to keep Obamacare, or go to "medicare for all" or some other gov'ment health care system I say FU... no FU all to hell. Throughout this process I have learned of countless situations in other countries with gov'ment systems that are far worse than what we went through. The guy in England who cut off his arm with an Axe after being denied treatment for six years has almost the same story as my wife. I can give you examples from all over the world how putting that much control on one place doesn't work for anyone other than the one controlling the money. Had they done this three year ago it would have probably been under $100K. Now it cost me personally just this week twice that, the insurance company twice again plus my legal fees, and an estimated five times more for them over the course of the rest of her life. Luckily for my part of it President Trump has made it so I can afford it. If his administration could put in place everything they want no one would have to worry about that part. But you will never hear that side unless you go digging for it because it isn't reported.

So to everyone, before the 2020 election please educate yourselves and don't just believe all the hype, spin, and outright lies from those who want total control of this important part of your life. Please remember nothing worthwhile is free, someone is making money off things that are, and if you are the one getting the free stuff you are at the bottom of that shithole with no say in how much gets piled on. Once they have the shovel they will never give it up.

Gotta go..... time to get our life back ....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Thanks for telling use about your problems with Obama care

YLM. Your Life Matters

• I read a news article that the author watched the Mueller testimonies and he did look lost. It led this author to believe that Mueller was just a figure head and someone else controlled the investigation. It makes sense. It was Newt Gingrich.

YLM. Your Life Matters

Edited once, last by KZ1: Add author ().