Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Don’t get me wrong guys. We try to always use a cashier to support the jobs, but with the pay hikes, etc. it forces these companies to change.

The CBO said with a $15/he hike it would cost over 3 million jobs. Imagine if it went to $20!!!

Have you all seen the scanners as you walk into Wally World. You load an app, scan as you go and then just leave. No human interaction except for the person checking receipt. Soon that will be a scanner too

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• My friends undoubtedly you have seen the news from Puerto Rico and have heard or read points of view related to this.

Because you are all my friends and eventually you'll ask me ,"what's going on" I will share some information you should all know. Yes, as humans temptation and corruption seems to follow all of us since the beginning of times; Adam/ Eve remember those two?

The latest news about PR has demostrated our position aqainst corruption and insensitivity towards others. At moments and only a few demostrators have used violence to get their point out. This is true however consider close to 1 million people have demostrated and peace has prevailed.

Ok so a sidenote on corruption.

Just recently FBI agents served search warrants at Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) offices in downtown L.A. Monday morning…

LADWP is the largest municipal utility in the U.S., serving more than four million residents.

Last November, the FBI raided L.A. City Councilman Jose Huizar’s office and home as part of its investigation into possible bribery, extortion and money laundering at L.A. City Hall focusing on huge real estate investments from Chinese companies. Not to mention Chicago, NYC and California.

However in PR not only we have temptation and corruption as does every other county, city and state in the USA we have "The Jones Act' unique to PR and It's like a big bad Thanos ( Avengers) only there to kick our assess and suck the island dry.

The Jones Act;

Puerto Rico under the Jones Act, which requires that goods shipped between U.S. ports (including Puerto Rico) be transported on American vessels. The rule – which critics, led by Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., say unfairly protects U.S. shipping at the expense of consumers and business owners – does not apply to yet another U.S. territory, the U.S. Virgin Islands.

This hampers the island from development of any financial stronghold enjoy cheaper priced products providing more spare" kachin kachin " money in PR pockets. Imports have to go to mainland USA and then go to PR.

Also Something you should all know about Puerto Rico

Medicaid is less generous for Puerto Rico, which gets a lower contribution from the federal government than states receive. Doctors and hospitals also get lower reimbursement rates, though the medical facilities must meet the same federal standards of care.

Payroll taxes are a bigger sore point with Puerto Ricans. They must pay the same FICA taxes as workers on the mainland, but are not eligible for SSI (Supplemental Security Income), which provides extra help to aged, blind or disabled people with very low incomes. And that exclusion does not apply to another U.S. territory – the Northern Mariana Islands, in the Pacific Ocean.

This is where the "second class citizenship" term comes from.

Sooooo You remove the Jones Act the rest falls in place for Puerto Rico. However US States with ports of entry are architects of The Jones Act and are its greatest champions in Congress and will not allow PR to compete for equal maritime rights. Hence higher prices due to so many middle men. Oh crap and woman don't want to offend anyone out there.

Little more data so bear with me.

Source trading economics.com

Puerto Rico mainly imports chemicals, oil, food, electrical appliances, machinery and equipment, transport vehicles, and plastics. Puerto Rico’s main imports partner is the United States, accounting for 43 percent of total imports.

Actual Previous Highest Lowest Dates Unit Frequency
    3393.50 4230.80 5311.10 2022.40 2003 - 2019

Puertorricans have fought in WWI,WWII, Korea, Vietnam, the liberation of Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan and have suffered stagaring loss of life as had our military brotherhood. We have a Democratic elected government, we are strong Christians and very much against abortion. We are Americans and American citizens.

Let it be known that in 2017..97.7 percent of Islanders voted in favor of becoming the 51st state. Accepting all responsibilities, duties and obligations of Statehood. This gives the island an igual playing field and will just put in writing what we already are.

Well mis amigos this is factual information and not fake news.. Hope this helps.

Love u all...Al

• Todays kids..... who tomorrow will shape our nation

This sickens me... and with mixed emotions I am most times thankful... that I'm not raising teens - or younger... that I don't have a child that is either a victim or an outright abuser.

How does a group of young human beings... learn the pychotic mentality of disassociating other human beings...

Serial killers of yesterday killed and abused animals in their youth... before they graduated to humans...

Who and what will these ppl be 10 years from now....

Sickening to think about right...?

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• was he REALLY eating chicken?? I missed that part apparently..

You missed it because you are being misled. He ate chicken during the session that Barr was subpoenaed and didn't show up. It was a stupid attempt at humor and calling Barr "chicken" for not showing up, because everyone knew Barr wasn't showing up. It didn't happen this week.

• As I like to do after a big political event I made more coffee than normal and scanned to cable news shows. The responses to the Mueller hearings were very interesting.

MSNBC was very down during their reporting. It was like their favorite uncle Bob died and they couldn't cope with it. Nonstop bashing of Trump and Republicans plus bestowing sainthood on on Mueller even though he disappointed them.

CNN wasn't as sullen and the spin was more metered. The big thing they discovered was that impeachment was not likely at this point.

Headline News has moved on to other stories.

Fox as you might expect was favorable to the Republicans but did something the other outlets didn't do. They showed question and answers from both Republicans and Democrats. None of the others showed questions by the Republicans and dismissed them as being mean to Saint Mueller.

Lessons drawn from my morning.

1. The hearings were a waste if time for both sides but definitely didn't help the dems.

2. Muellers performance was well below his ability.

3. The dems now love Patriots and war heros.

4. The majority of the media is still pissed off at Trump.

5. Nancy Pelosi is trying real hard to keep her caucus from destroying itself.

6. My coffee was the high point of the morning and watching MSNBC is a real downer.

• The one thing I learned and I'm sure Trump heard, was when Mueller said they could indict Trump once he is out of office.

• The one thing I learned and I'm sure Trump heard, was when Mueller said they could indict Trump once he is out of office.

I agree with the statement as applied to the DOJ opinion that a sitting president can't be indicted. It's true a president can be indicted after they are no longer in office. What wasn't answered is if there was enough evidence from this investigation to indite/convict Trump when he leaves office.

• [quote='Nemesis1701','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/369-politics-suck/&postID=276938#post276938']

My friends undoubtedly you have seen the news from Puerto Rico and have heard or read points of view related to this.

Because you are all my friends and eventually you'll ask me ,"what's going on" I will share some information you should all know. Yes, as humans temptation and corruption seems to follow all of us since the beginning of times; Adam/ Eve remember those two?

The latest news about PR has demostrated our position aqainst corruption and insensitivity towards others. At moments and only a few demostrators have used violence to get their point out. This is true however consider close to 1 million people have demostrated and peace has prevailed.

Ok so a sidenote on corruption.

Just recently FBI agents served search warrants at Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) offices in downtown L.A. Monday morning…

LADWP is the largest municipal utility in the U.S., serving more than four million residents.

Last November, the FBI raided L.A. City Councilman Jose Huizar’s office and home as part of its investigation into possible bribery, extortion and money laundering at L.A. City Hall focusing on huge real estate investments from Chinese companies. Not to mention Chicago, NYC and California.

However in PR not only we have temptation and corruption as does every other county, city and state in the USA we have "The Jones Act' unique to PR and It's like a big bad Thanos ( Avengers) only there to kick our assess and suck the island dry.

The Jones Act;

Puerto Rico under the Jones Act, which requires that goods shipped between U.S. ports (including Puerto Rico) be transported on American vessels. The rule – which critics, led by Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., say unfairly protects U.S. shipping at the expense of consumers and business owners – does not apply to yet another U.S. territory, the U.S. Virgin Islands.

This hampers the island from development of any financial stronghold enjoy cheaper priced products providing more spare" kachin kachin " money in PR pockets. Imports have to go to mainland USA and then go to PR.

Also Something you should all know about Puerto Rico

Medicaid is less generous for Puerto Rico, which gets a lower contribution from the federal government than states receive. Doctors and hospitals also get lower reimbursement rates, though the medical facilities must meet the same federal standards of care.

Payroll taxes are a bigger sore point with Puerto Ricans. They must pay the same FICA taxes as workers on the mainland, but are not eligible for SSI (Supplemental Security Income), which provides extra help to aged, blind or disabled people with very low incomes. And that exclusion does not apply to another U.S. territory – the Northern Mariana Islands, in the Pacific Ocean.

This is where the "second class citizenship" term comes from.

Sooooo You remove the Jones Act the rest falls in place for Puerto Rico. However US States with ports of entry are architects of The Jones Act and are its greatest champions in Congress and will not allow PR to compete for equal maritime rights. Hence higher prices due to so many middle men. Oh crap and woman don't want to offend anyone out there.

Little more data so bear with me.

Source trading economics.com

Puerto Rico mainly imports chemicals, oil, food, electrical appliances, machinery and equipment, transport vehicles, and plastics. Puerto Rico’s main imports partner is the United States, accounting for 43 percent of total imports.

Actual Previous Highest Lowest Dates Unit Frequency
    3393.50 4230.80 5311.10 2022.40 2003 - 2019

Puertorricans have fought in WWI,WWII, Korea, Vietnam, the liberation of Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan and have suffered stagaring loss of life as had our military brotherhood. We have a Democratic elected government, we are strong Christians and very much against abortion. We are Americans and American citizens.

Let it be known that in 2017..97.7 percent of Islanders voted in favor of becoming the 51st state. Accepting all responsibilities, duties and obligations of Statehood. This gives the island an igual playing field and will just put in writing what we already are.

Well mis amigos this is factual information and not fake news.. Hope this helps.

Love u all...Al

[/quote]

I hear that the governor is resigning. First time in history. The will of the people was heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• I agree with the statement as applied to the DOJ opinion that a sitting president can't be indicted. It's true a president can be indicted after they are no longer in office. What wasn't answered is if there was enough evidence from this investigation to indite/convict Trump when he leaves office.

It sounded to me like there is enough evidence. Mueller said he didn't exonerate Trump, he also said the DOJ opinion is why they didn't indict him now. Though he did walk that back after lunch( read: "The lawyers told me I shouldn't have said that").

Don't forget, your boy needs to win to stay out of jail, because the statute of limitations on his charity law breaking is up 6 months after the election. You know, the charity that he had to shutdown last year.

• It sounded to me like there is enough evidence. Mueller said he didn't exonerate Trump, he also said the DOJ opinion is why they didn't indict him now. Though he did walk that back after lunch( read: "The lawyers told me I shouldn't have said that").

Don't forget, your boy needs to win to stay out of jail, because the statute of limitations on his charity law breaking is up 6 months after the election. You know, the charity that he had to shutdown last year.

That makes a great talking point but could you show me the legal aspect of a prosecutor needing to find someone innocence?

I think if you have read my comments you would realize I didn't vote for Trump in 16 as much as I voted against Hillary, so not my boy.

BTW reference a charity shutting down after the election check out the Clinton foundation.

• It sounded to me like there is enough evidence. Mueller said he didn't exonerate Trump, he also said the DOJ opinion is why they didn't indict him now. Though he did walk that back after lunch( read: "The lawyers told me I shouldn't have said that").

Good thing we won’t have to worry about that until 2024 :thumbsup:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it