Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• My neighbor is mexican American and use to have his own sheetrock business. One of the reasons he went out of business was because he couldn't find illegals to show up for work. But your right good work ethics seems to be a thing of the past. But why would anyone want to have good work ethics when they only make 7 or 8 bucks an hour (McDonald's pay).

Gotta remember $7 or $8 hr is executive pay in Guatemala & El Salvador. I believe that employers that retain illegals should have to pay a stiff enough fine they don’t believe it is worth the risk. We Americans have nobody to blame but ourselves for excessive drugs coming across the border and a thirst for cheap labor. If there wasn’t a market here it would disincentives and solve all the problems at the border without government intervention (if they won’t feed, clothe, house, and provide healthcare for em) but sadly those things are just another pipe dream.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Gotta remember $7 or $8 hr is executive pay in Guatemala & El Salvador. I believe that employers that retain illegals should have to pay a stiff enough fine they don’t believe it is worth the risk. We Americans have nobody to blame but ourselves for excessive drugs coming across the border and a thirst for cheap labor. If there wasn’t a market here it would disincentives and solve all the problems at the border without government intervention (if they won’t feed, clothe, house, and provide healthcare for em) but sadly those things are just another pipe dream.

I hope that doesn't apply to individuals or I'd have to go back and cut my own grass and clean my own house again. What's the use of having money if you can't help those looking to better themselves with some honest manual labor once they're here? 8)8)8)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I needed to put a roof on my out building. Since this was just after Katrina and the local roofing businesses were booked I hired a group of guys (illegals) who did my friends roof. The work was excellent and properly done for about 1/2 the price.

YLM. Your Life Matters

• I also have seen Hispanics descend on a job like a pile of ants and for some — their work with sheet rock and cinder blocks is about as good as you could possibly ask for.If it were not for them being illegal I would choose them over millennials any day. OH CRAP!! Did I just discriminate against the poor millennials??? YES - suck it up buttercup :00008172::00008172:

• Gotta remember $7 or $8 hr is executive pay in Guatemala & El Salvador. I believe that employers that retain illegals should have to pay a stiff enough fine they don’t believe it is worth the risk. We Americans have nobody to blame but ourselves for excessive drugs coming across the border and a thirst for cheap labor. If there wasn’t a market here it would disincentives and solve all the problems at the border without government intervention (if they won’t feed, clothe, house, and provide healthcare for em) but sadly those things are just another pipe dream.

Yup your dreaming. Our government is no longer interested in our American dream, they are only interested in their American dream. And that dream is to keep things as fucked up as possible so they can feel needed and loved and it's our job as voters to defend their dream by re electing them and that's what we do. And that is how we will one day become a third world country. Our government is selling us down the river and we will continue to defend their right to do so. Politically speaking we have become a very sick society.

• Yup your dreaming. Our government is no longer interested in our American dream, they are only interested in their American dream. And that dream is to keep things as fucked up as possible so they can feel needed and loved and it's our job as voters to defend their dream by re electing them and that's what we do. And that is how we will one day become a third world country. Our government is selling us down the river and we will continue to defend their right to do so. Politically speaking we have become a very sick society.

I have to agree - as I have stated several times in previous posts if you read about the fall of the Roman Empire some of the parallels between them and us are quite frightening. Freedom as many of us have known is being diminished almost daily and could vanish in the blink of an eye in historical terms given our current course. Today we should celebrate our founding father’s vision for our freedom - it’s not their fault politicians would corrupt their system to the boondoggle it is now!! HAPPY 4th everyone!!

A few years back I had brick pavers put in. Three estimates. The last landscaper inquired at the previous estimates. I informed $9 square foot. He looked at me and replied in distraught that he would loose money and couldn't afford the pay his workers at that price. I chose the lower estimate and yes the workers spoke no English. They worked hard and did a great job.

So... something that is never brought up. The business that attempts to hire workers at a proper wage and pays legally (not under the table). loses his business . The government looses millions of dollars.

What choice does a business have. Pay under the table at low wages or go out of business?

What happens to these hard working people in 10 - 20 years when they brake down. Will they say thanks for the time and I'll go back now? Or will they stay here and need assistance?

My parents need assisted living and they pay 8k a month. They get no government assistance. Its expensive, that's reality.

I'll bet these millions of people will need help. Expensive help. Nothing against them but it will amount to trillions of dollars to hard working people who most likely have not put into the system and yes, it's not their fault but yes its reality.

• Checking out at the store, the young cashier suggested to the much older lady that she should bring her own grocery bags, because plastic bags are not good for the environment. The woman apologized to the young girl and explained, "We didn't have this 'green thing' back in my earlier days."

The young clerk responded, "That's our problem today. Your generation did not care enough to save our environment for future generations."

The older lady said that she was right -- our generation didn't have the "green thing" in its day. The older lady went on to explain: Back then, we returned milk bottles, soda bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they really were recycled. But we iidn't have the "green thing" back in our day.

Grocery stores bagged our groceries in brown paper bags that we reused for numerous things. Most memorable besides household garbage bags was the use of brown paper bags as book covers for our school books. This was to ensure that public property (the books provided for our use by the school) was not defaced by our scribblings. Then we were able to personalize our books on the brown paper bags. But, too bad we didn't do the "green thing" back then.

We walked up stairs because we didn't have an escalator in every store and office building. We walked to the grocery store and didn't climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time we had to go two blocks.

But she was right. We didn't have the "green thing" in our day.

Back then we washed the baby's diapers because we didn't have the throw away kind. We dried clothes on a line, not in an energy-gobbling machine burning up 220 volts. Wind and solar power really did dry our clothes back in our early days. Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing.

But that young lady is right; we didn't have the "green thing" back in our day.

Back then we had one TV, or radio, in the house -- not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief (remember them?), not a screen the size of the state of Montana. In the kitchen we blended and stirred by hand because we didn't have electric machines to do everything for us. When we packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, we used wadded up old newspapers to cushion it, not Styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap. Back then, we didn't fire up an engine and burn gasoline just to cut the lawn. We used a push mower that ran on human power. We exercised by working so we didn't need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity.

But she's right; we didn't have the "green thing" back then.

We drank from a fountain when we were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time we had a drink of water. We refilled writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen, and we replaced the razor blade in a razor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull.

But we didn't have the "green thing" back then.

Back then, people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school or walked instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service in the family's $45,000 SUV or van, which cost what a whole house did before the"green thing." We had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. And we didn't need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 23,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest burger joint.

But isn't it sad the current generation laments how wasteful we old folks were just because we didn't have the "green thing" back then?

Please forward this on to another selfish old person who needs a lesson in conservation from a smart ass young person.

We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off... Especially from a tattooed, multiple pierced smartass who can't make change without the cash register telling them how much.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• [quote='Frankie55','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/369-politics-suck/&postID=274345#post274345']

I can believe that Nike pulled its Betsy Ross shoes from the market because COLIN KAEPPERNICK said it was offensive due to ties to slavery. We may as well throw in the towel and give ourselves back to the English so the “justice warriors” can blame them instead of our nation’s founders. Not that I wore Nike’s before but....

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/97311/

After the last episode of Kaepernick kneeling during the National Anthem and sporting police officers as pigs on his socks I thought to burn my nikes. Had two pairs, one set was new so I thought why not use them to cut my grass. I use old shoes to cut grass, I have a fairly large yard and there is always a chance to step in dog poop. A good fit.

Burges Owens is an incredible athlete and an incredible person with a positive message for everyone. nike should give him a call instead of taking advice from a hater. Getting tired of the constant bashing this country.

[/quote]

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Very well said and true. Thanks for the memories. I remember getting our used school books and making book covers from used paper bags! Remember the 5 cents deposit for bottles! My friends and I would collect bottles and return them to buy a pack of gum! Clarks teaberry and black jack that turned your teeth black were favorites.

• Dear Nike

I see you have some shoes that you manufactured and are not going to sell. The flag might offend some people and now you have product you need to dispose of. How about donating those shoes instead of destroying them. Homeless vets need shoes, military families need shoes too. Why not donate those shoes to veterans organizations and the USO. Little chance of offending the people who get them and you can free up some warehouse space for a less patriotic product line.

• Dear Nike

I see you have some shoes that you manufactured and are not going to sell. The flag might offend some people and now you have product you need to dispose of. How about donating those shoes instead of destroying them. Homeless vets need shoes, military families need shoes too. Why not donate those shoes to veterans organizations and the USO. Little chance of offending the people who get them and you can free up some warehouse space for a less patriotic product line.

I always love the ingenuity shown by forum members. Kudos to you Sir for....

• Hey Da Vinci made the sketch for an airplane already so what is the problem:00000436::00008084::00008040:

So let me ask you ... out of the whole speech and event this one supposed flubbed line is all you got out of it ....

I say supposed only because I didn't catch it watching it live and have not seen the playback yet ....

FYI there where more lines dropped when he rushed the end of the Army tribute as the Apache's made an early approach .....

However I feel the point and goal of the celebration was met without making it political so if this is all anyone has to pick on today then I say it was a resounding success ....

winning.JPG

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Just a little fun early in the morning.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Very well said and true. Thanks for the memories. I remember getting our used school books and making book covers from used paper bags! Remember the 5 cents deposit for bottles! My friends and I would collect bottles and return them to buy a pack of gum! Clarks teaberry and black jack that turned your teeth black were favorites.

You can still get those gums today at certain stores.;)