Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Can’t just blame Bush - the government has been raiding that fund so long all the ones wanting free college, healthcare, to support millions of illegals, etc., etc can’t see that there will be nothing left to live on in old age. But even if SSI was sustainable what can you do on $1200 month with no other income ??? - try to keep the lights on, a small roof over your head and not starve. God forbid you get sick - might as well go lay down in the funeral home’s waiting room and wait for the inevitable. These politicians think they are saving our youth when in reality they are setting up the mass deaths of our grandchildren. Massive changes still need to be made for our civilization to survive. The current government certainly cannot do it all. If the Democrats take control again who knows what yellow brick road we could be led down. Could the next hat in years to come read “Make America Survivable ” ???

So say your right and I think you are, what are we going to do about it? Vote for the same old idiots again? Yeap. We can argue all year long and it's not going to do any good. We the people have lost control of our government.

• Can’t just blame Bush - the government has been raiding that fund so long all the ones wanting free college, healthcare, to support millions of illegals, etc., etc can’t see that there will be nothing left to live on in old age. But even if SSI was sustainable what can you do on $1200 month with no other income ??? - try to keep the lights on, a small roof over your head and not starve. God forbid you get sick - might as well go lay down in the funeral home’s waiting room and wait for the inevitable. These politicians think they are saving our youth when in reality they are setting up the mass deaths of our grandchildren. Massive changes still need to be made for our civilization to survive. The current government certainly cannot do it all. If the Democrats take control again who knows what yellow brick road we could be led down. Could the next hat in years to come read “Make America Survivable ” ???

Agreed, started working at 14. I've been putting into SS for 41 years now. Yet when I log on to the SS web page and input my info it states I'm not entitled to benefits till age 62. What entitlement? It's the money I've put into the system for 41 years (48 years at 62)? Another slap in the face is if I wait till 70 I can collect my full benefits (56 years contributing to SS).

For what? So I can support those who haven't input into the system! That's not the right thing to do! I'm not talking about those that truly are not able. A few years back someone once told me all democracies fail when the takers outnumber the givers. I think were there.

• Agreed, started working at 14. I've been putting into SS for 41 years now. Yet when I log on to the SS web page and input my info it states I'm not entitled to benefits till age 62. What entitlement? It's the money I've put into the system for 41 years (48 years at 62)? Another slap in the face is if I wait till 70 I can collect my full benefits (56 years contributing to SS).

For what? So I can support those who haven't input into the system! That's not the right thing to do! I'm not talking about those that truly are not able. A few years back someone once told me all democracies fail when the takers outnumber the givers. I think were there.

The government hopes you die before you draw the first penny. I have never seen a figure - so if anyone has please post - about how much money was paid into SS by people that worked all their life and passed away before collecting the first dime. Of course now folks are having longer life expectancy and the government knows this is all going to become unsustainable so you know what’s next??????? . If you are in your 30’s and 40’s don’t throw away that work alarm clock - you will be workin till your 75. I would stock up on all the Vaseline I could get cause you sure don’t want the government goin in dry :00008359:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• And all the while, CA cannot take care of our own homeless CITIZENS..............

https://www.latimes.com/politi…funds-20190131-story.html

dripping with disgust!!!!!!!!!!!!

This Newsome seems like is going to govern farther to the left than Moonbeam. How much longer can CA keep this up before it goes off a cliff ???

• Yesterday, I paid $3.95.9 per gallon, (at the cheap station), for the sling. July 1, state gas tax goes up an additional 5.6 cents a gallon..........

AND the potholes here still SUCK!

what did you expect - this tax is not the first they said would be used to fix our roads and I am sure it wont be the last - - the one constant will be that the money will get redirected and you and I will still have our potholes

I love my State - - but I hate the people who run it ;(

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• what did you expect - this tax is not the first they said would be used to fix our roads and I am sure it wont be the last - - the one constant will be that the money will get redirected and you and I will still have our potholes

I love my State - - but I hate the people who run it ;(

No worries - if the Democrats get full control of House, Senate, and Presidency we can all aspire to be in the political crap tank CA is ..... without the view and weather 😩😩

• No worries - if the Democrats get full control of House, Senate, and Presidency we can all aspire to be in the political crap tank CA is ..... without the view and weather 😩😩

But the potholes won't be an issue any longer. No gas or oil products, so we won't be driving. Once they figure out that the batteries are hazardous, they'll ban them too. We will ride bicycles everywhere for commutes. Likely trail bikes.... (oh yeah, the potholes.....)

• Wonder if she might be getting recruited for the Don’s 2020 VP ???? I have always liked her and she might be better than Pence - a good man but hard for his personality to get out of Trump’s shadow IMO.

• But the potholes won't be an issue any longer. No gas or oil products, so we won't be driving. Once they figure out that the batteries are hazardous, they'll ban them too. We will ride bicycles everywhere for commutes. Likely trail bikes.... (oh yeah, the potholes.....)

None of that is going to affect me cause in ready for it. Got my chicken head ready. Chickens don't fart!

• Maybe I should have been more specific - would you as a legal German immigrant and now a US citizen be OK with our government giving your hard earned tax dollars to European Jews. US slavery and the Holocaust were really low points in world history but I can’t see where subsequent generations should be held responsible for the sins of the father.

I agree, I mean the Roman (Italy) Empire would have still to pay also, or the Huns.:thumbsup:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch