Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Kinda have to, until you get there.;)

WOLF We are on basically two different coasts literally and figuratively but boy would I like to sit down and pick your brain on your political philosophy. No gotcha here as you take this in stride and remain civil and engaged - I like that. Civil discourse and gaining understanding is what I am all about. :) No matter what side of the isle you find yourself I do enjoy someone who has taken the time to actually think about why they believe the way they do AND maintain an open mind. Reasonable people can disagree but there is always insight to be gained.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• It's bound to happen when we've been talking in circles for about 4 years.;(

Damn !! Time flies when your havin fun. You and I have been on opposing sides of many issues over the years. You have always treated me with respect and I you (I hope you think so). I even think you made a couple good points over the years:00008172:. My point is if we can be so politically opposed to each other and show respect why can’t people on both sides that are supposed to be leaders. Perhaps War Hoop is correct - we have no money involved here OR we are not jockeying for power over the other . I may not agree with ya but ya always got my respect - especially having a minority voice here. Looking forward to many more years of debate with ya!! Here’s to ya bro

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Damn !! Time flies when your havin fun. You and I have been on opposing sides of many issues over the years. You have always treated me with respect and I you (I hope you think so). I even think you made a couple good points over the years:00008172:. My point is if we can be so politically opposed to each other and show respect why can’t people on both sides that are supposed to be leaders. Perhaps War Hoop is correct - we have no money involved here OR we are not jockeying for power over the other . I may not agree with ya but ya always got my respect - especially having a minority voice here. Looking forward to many more years of debate with ya!! Here’s to ya bro

It has been fun Bill. You know, as should everyone, as I stated it many times, I only play in here for fun. Also to keep you guys entertained, especially retired lawyers that could use some good debate to pass the time and stay sharp. ;) This thread would be a little boring if it was only a bunch of guys agreeing and patting eachother on the back for each Democrat bashing and Trump accolade.:)

• I agree 100% WOLF - matter of fact I wish a true liberal Democrat that could argue the issues without getting mad and sink to personal insults would join our thread. As you know, we had a couple over the years and they were so obtuse they were banned from the forum. Too bad we can’t ban some from television also:)

• Crabs from New Orleans

A lawyer boarded an airplane in New Orleans with a box of frozen crabs and asked a blonde flight attendant to take care of them for him.

She took the box and promised to put it in the crew's refrigerator.

He advised her that he was holding her personally responsible for them staying frozen, mentioning in an arrogant manner that he was a lawyer

and threatened what would happen to her if she let them thaw out.

Shortly before landing in New York, she used the intercom to announce to the entire cabin, "Would the lawyer who gave me the crabs in New Orleans, please raise his hand?"

Not one hand went up ...so she took them home and ate them

There are two lessons here:

1. Lawyers aren't as smart as they think they are.

2. Blondes aren't as dumb as most folks think.

• EC5D3865-E667-4F0E-9F65-D140762946DD.gif

:P

• Is that from an old Clint Eastwood Movie? loved them all just can't recall it! High Plains Drifter? For a Few Dollars More? Or planet of the apes?

The late great Mr. Charlton Heston as "Taylor" in The Planet of the Apes ....

Hollywood "elites" condemned him for taking the role but he stated:

"As much as any character I have ever played, Taylor reflects my own views about mankind. I have infinite faith and admiration for the extraordinary individual man"

Many reasons why I chose him and that GIF specifically last night as I listened to the music travel across this great land ...

...angel-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Just reminding all, many of the most damning (Trump go directly to jail) stuff uncovered through the Mueller investigation has been past on to local justice departments and may or may not even be mentioned in the Mueller report.

Also, though the media on both sides made the Mueller investigation a "get Trump investigation", it was far more than that and was important and necessary for the security of our nation and our democracy.

If there are no crimes by Trump found, the left will cry foul. If there are Trump crimes found, the right will cry foul. For me, after 2+ years of thorough investigation, I feel Mueller and his team know more about everything than anyone and I trust their conclusions.

• One other thing on the Mueller report. FOX is all happy that they are hearing there will be no new indictments from the report and concluding Trump is innocent, which he may very well be. In there jubilation they forget that many in the Justice Department feel you can't indict a sitting President. Therefore, there is a possibility that Trump is guilty of collusion, but they just aren't seeking an indictment.

If I were on FOX, I would temper my statements until I know exactly what the report says.;)

• National Headline:

Democrats vow to keep investigating Trump despite Mueller's conclusions, no new indictments

Evidence that the Democrats suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome.

They have lost their minds, but don't understand that if there were any indictments handed down from the investigation, they would most likely be for ALL the Democrats that have broken the law, not Republicans like they want.

• I think the scariest thing about the Mueller investigation is that you can have an investigation of this scale based on fabricated evidence. It should give anyone an uneasy feeling.

The scariest thing is people still believe the investigation was based on the Steele Dossier alone and not the recommendation of 6+ US intelligence agencies findings.=O That is scary.