Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• We will get your vote !!!!!!

:00008172::00008172::00008172:

You can permanent marker(as opposed to chalk) me up as a Never Trumper. A few kudos over 2+ years isn't a great track record to me. I did mention I don't like the guy, right?8o

I understand why many people like him. I also understand why many of those people defend his many actions and statements that they would normally criticize.

I personally think he is a national embarrassment. I felt he would be during the election and said as much. Upon his winning, I hoped he would rise to the office of President of the United States. Sadly, as I feared, he has pulled the office down to his level. SAD!

• You can permanent marker(as opposed to chalk) me up as a Never Trumper. A few kudos over 2+ years isn't a great track record to me. I did mention I don't like the guy, right?8o

I understand why many people like him. I also understand why many of those people defend his many actions and statements that they would normally criticize.

I personally think he is a national embarrassment. I felt he would be during the election and said as much. Upon his winning, I hoped he would rise to the office of President of the United States. Sadly, as I feared, he has pulled the office down to his level. SAD!

The way it is shapin up with the Democratic Party side - Trump is the only thing standing between America the Beautiful becoming America the Shithole!!! Even if you dislike him he will once again (just like with Hillary) be the lesser of two evils!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• The way it is shapin up with the Democratic Party side - Trump is the only thing standing between America the Beautiful becoming America the Shithole!!! Even if you dislike him he will once again (just like with Hillary) be the lesser of two evils!!

Possibly, but unlike last time I won't be changing my vote to counter Trump informing people that they can change their vote, even if late in the game he says it again. I will just pick who I think is best and leave it. McMullen 2.0:thumbsup:

• Just imagine how much more could have been accomplished (ON BOTH SIDES OF THE FENCE) if the Liberals had worked for the people no t not just cause Trump problems!

It's a nice sentiment, but we all know neither side is working with the other much these days. Not sure if there were no drama what so ever if both sides would agree to pass something meaningful anyway. Heck, if they do pass something the opposing party followers say it was "garbage, useless, waste of tax payer dollars, evil, racist, ruining America as we know it...".

• Here we agree WOLF - the word compromise in Washington is no longer allowed. Given the current state of political affairs there is nobody that could bring the country together. Kasich would just piss off the left and right equally and is IMO unelectable. I have said it before and will say it again - we are headed toward some type of violent anarchy - not gonna speculate from which side it begins because that is a coin toss. If there was a candidate that could bring some sense of compromise and political decorum back I would be all for them - but at this point that is a unicorn !!

• Here we agree WOLF - the word compromise in Washington is no longer allowed. Given the current state of political affairs there is nobody that could bring the country together. Kasich would just piss off the left and right equally and is IMO unelectable. I have said it before and will say it again - we are headed toward some type of violent anarchy - not gonna speculate from which side it begins because that is a coin toss. If there was a candidate that could bring some sense of compromise and political decorum back I would be all for them - but at this point that is a unicorn !!

What would be interesting is if a Dem or Rep ran in the opposing race and won. However every thing they do aligns with their original side. Would their old side agree with everything they propose, or would the new letter designation(D,R) overrule previous "beliefs" and reveal party politics? Would the new side call B.S. or go along because, "the party stays United"?

I have a sneaking suspicion we would see Nancy Pelosi arguing for expanded gun rights and Mitch McConnell calling for universal healthcare.^^:D;(

• Their straight ticket voters would probably agree with everything also. They would argue, "It's different than when the other side tried to do it. This way makes much more sense. We need this. The other side was trying to do blah, blah, blah, this is a totally new plan..." It wouldn't actually be a new plan, just a different party arguing for the same thing.:00008356:

• The Rep Party definitely has their own issues to resolve but the Dems absolutely have nothing to run on except going after Trump. Their ideas will never be accepted by middle America. They have moved so far left they make Obama look like a radical conservative. I guess we are gonna find out if current and past American values are accepted or we are going to throw all that out the window for a Dem utopia - problem is how do we come back if they are wrong ??

• The Rep Party definitely has their own issues to resolve but the Dems absolutely have nothing to run on except going after Trump. Their ideas will never be accepted by middle America. They have moved so far left they make Obama look like a radical conservative. I guess we are gonna find out if current and past American values are accepted or we are going to throw all that out the window for a Dem utopia - problem is how do we come back if they are wrong ??

we dont :(

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

You say a candidate that could bring some sense of compromise and political decorum back is a unicorn, that you would be all for.

However since Kasich shows those traits you say he is unelectable because he would just piss off both sides because of his willingness to compromise.

Maybe a large voting public that actually wants compromise is the real unicorn.:/

• You say a candidate that could bring some sense of compromise and political decorum back is a unicorn, that you would be all for.

However since Kasich shows those traits you say he is unelectable because he would just piss off both sides because of his willingness to compromise.

Maybe a large voting public that actually wants compromise is the real unicorn.:/

Good point - everybody is in their camp - Kasich ain’t the one to help cross the divide IMO.