Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• You forgot one, she also said something about not having children. So who is going to work to pay for all of this?

• AllIn5450 recently Trump signed a bill to subsidize a shuttered coal mine. The owner of that mine gave millions to Trumps election campaign and was given a private meeting with Trump. I know many Republicans cheered for the re-opening of that mine. Doesn't that type of action go against everything you argue that you hate about the left and green tech?

I know, "the Dems do the same thing", the perfect defense. It sure does make shady actions on both sides more palatable when you can site the other side rather than acknowledge the act of shadyness. And the wheels on the bus go round and round...

We all love seeing our new jets, ships, subs, missles that were developed by private industry through government funding, because they are badass, protect us and could really ever come to fruition with that funding. Green tech is every bit as badass and protective, arguably more protective. America should always invest in innovation and new technologies. If we don't, other countries will and we will at best be behind the eightball and at worst lose our standing in the world.

• I am 100% for investment in new technology and I am 100% against mandating that it be used before it is ready and economically viable.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• If man is causing this global warming and the US did all of the things in the Green Deal - what are we going to do about China and India the worst polluters on earth??? Something to think about while they flourish and we are sent back to the 1800’s. All this talk of electric this and electric that would be great - once the technology has been invented - till then I want my 93 octane for my Slingshot !

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• AllIn5450 "man made global warming" is essentially measured by greenhouse gasses, measured in ppm, in the atmosphere, the biggest being Co2. Those numbers can't be thrown into natural cycle charts. Those numbers are on a steady rise since the industrial age. We destroy more forrests and build more factories every year. That is how MAN is upsetting the natural balance. We remove Trees, natural Co2 recyclers and build more cars and factories, unnatural Co2 producers.

As to your natural cycle charts, the natural cycle is and will always be there. It is the extremes on the top and bottom end of those charts that has increasingly gotten further apart. It is the increased frequency and strength of "100 year storms" that is alarming. It is the fact that with thousands of recorded years in the books, 8 of the ten hottest years are in the last 15 years.

There may be help through new tech, that you may get behind as it produces coal.;)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/t…-turned-it-into-coal/amp/

• If man is causing this global warming and the US did all of the things in the Green Deal - what are we going to do about China and India the worst polluters on earth??? Something to think about while they flourish and we are sent back to the 1800’s. All this talk of electric this and electric that would be great - once the technology has been invented - till then I want my 93 octane for my Slingshot !

Yeah, so most of those stayed in the Paris Accord. Also, China recognises their immediate need for cleaner factories and actually leads the world in production and implementation of green technology.

• Yeah, so most of those stayed in the Paris Accord. Also, China recognises their immediate need for cleaner factories and actually leads the world in production and implementation of green technology.

http://www.aei.org/publication…e-than-any-other-part-ii/

The US is still leading in carbon reduction and the Paris accord allows both China and India to continue to increase emissions.

• I am 100% for investment in new technology and I am 100% against mandating that it be used before it is ready and economically viable.

Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen. I think it's Japan that has like 3 GZ internet speeds for 30.00 a month, here in America if you can find those speeds it will cost you 300.00 a month.

• Free College???? Our public schools are tied down with "NO Child" left behind. In most cases we are dumbing down are education to meet the needs of a very small percentage of our Kids. Free college will just dumb things down a little more.
    (most of you know I'm a residential painting contractor----but few know BA in math education, MA in Ed Amin, etc) So just a little knowledge about the education system.

Agreed, something else to think about. What about the military? Two of the largest benefits are education and health care. The military will collapse and fast unless you greatly increase the pay, adding more ever increasing taxes or an automatic draft that in my opinion won't work. The military is ever increasing in need of highly trained, skilled people. A short personnel turn-around would not be good. Would the younger generation agree to a draft? Not so sure.

It appears the country is changing. But so fast, might be a good idea to think things through.

• It's fun coming here and listening to some of you guys defending a bunch of stinking criminals. :D

both the Republican party & Democrat party have become so corrupt, so bought and sold that we might as well have Ferdinand Marcos.

when I was younger I never thought that my country would sink to the levels of corruption I saw in many third world countries - - - - I was wrong ;(

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Wolf, I'm with you on these statements. The environmental industry can work and that's great! Not only is it good for all of us but companies can increase profits through energy reductions and increased efficiency.

I just think taking away the choice isn't the way to go. Offering people options and cost saving ideas is. It's how this country use to work but I see that changing.

• You have me in a box here Bill. They both suck, but Trump doesn't seem to be bankrupting America which her and Bernies ideas probably would. (Gulp) Trump.

A lot of their ideas sound wonderful, but their biggest ideas aren't viable.

You know I took that easy "great again" shot, because it was set up so nice. ;) I had to.:00008084:

WOLF Needless to say I did not think that it would be teed up like that. However I would believe if you want to go there the “great again” still applies after eight years of Obama. “Great” things can still be shackled and subjugated. Then with a new administration you can be set free again to exercise your full potential! That is what Donald Trump has done and for me I totally understand MAGA in that context.

The new Democratic Party is in my opinion quite bigoted in their low expectations of people. They believe that people like myself are too stupid to understand how smart they are. And if only I gave them all my time money energy and business somehow they would make my life better because they know how to spend my money better than I do. This all coming from people who have in some instances never even run a lemonade stand and have no personal experience whatsoever with what it takes to start and run a business and all of the sleepless nights that go with it. So you can understand my Indignation and having my hackles up over this.

It would seem that you and I are cut of a different cloth however civil discourse is a beautiful thing and I love engaging in it!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• WOLF Needless to say I did not think that it would be teed up like that. However I would believe if you want to go there the “great again” still applies after eight years of Obama. “Great” things can still be shackled and subjugated. Then with a new administration you can be set free again to exercise your full potential! That is what Donald Trump has done and for me I totally understand MAGA in that context.

The new Democratic Party is in my opinion quite bigoted in their low expectations of people. They believe that people like myself are too stupid to understand how smart they are. And if only I gave them all my time money energy and business somehow they would make my life better because they know how to spend my money better than I do. This all coming from people who have in some instances never even run a lemonade stand and have no personal experience whatsoever with what it takes to start and run a business and all of the sleepless nights that go with it. So you can understand my Indignation and having my hackles up over this.

It would seem that you and I are cut of a different cloth however civil discourse is a beautiful thing and I love engaging in it!

Obviously you didn’t get the memo - according to Bill Maher folks like us are mad we missed the party and want to be like them (Democratic Party). It is statements like that that make me first never want to hear another thing Democrats have to say and second unload a clip into my television!! Do they really think statements like that are going to bring us in to their way of thinking???:cursing::cursing::cursing:

• Obviously you didn’t get the memo - according to Bill Maher folks like us are mad we missed the party and want to be like them (Democratic Party). It is statements like that that make me first never want to hear another thing Democrats have to say and second unload a clip into my television!! Do they really think statements like that are going to bring us in to their way of thinking???:cursing::cursing::cursing:

To be fair, if everyone based their view of Republicans on Hannity and Limbaugh, the same eyerolling and distaste would apply. The people on tv are and always will be the minority of their party.

• Free College???? Our public schools are tied down with "NO Child" left behind. In most cases we are dumbing down are education to meet the needs of a very small percentage of our Kids. Free college will just dumb things down a little more.
    (most of you know I'm a residential painting contractor----but few know BA in math education, MA in Ed Amin, etc) So just a little knowledge about the education system.

I forgot to mention. No surprise here. Always thought you are wise beyond your years!

:)

• To be fair, if everyone based their view of Republicans on Hannity and Limbaugh, the same eyerolling and distaste would apply. The people on tv are and always will be the minority of their party.

To be fair I listen to Trump and Hannity a lot but have never heard them dismiss half the country by saying Dems all are deplorable, stupid, uneducated, buffoons - remember Dems have all the intelligence and moral authority. — just ask em !!!