Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• WOLF - quit ur bitchin and be glad your doing well enough you gotta pay in. I paid under Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump - if we look at not what we pay - but how it is wasted - we might ALL get to pay less and be better off for it. First money I ever got back from the government was Social Security - it goes into escrow so I can send it back to them on April 15 - don’t blame Trump - he is just like the rest - remember “read my lips - no new taxes” :00008172::00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• WOLF - quit ur bitchin and be glad your doing well enough you gotta pay in. I paid under Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump - if we look at not what we pay - but how it is wasted - we might ALL get to pay less and be better off for it. First money I ever got back from the government was Social Security - it goes into escrow so I can send it back to them on April 15 - don’t blame Trump - he is just like the rest - remember “read my lips - no new taxes” :00008172::00008172:

Anyone who gets a refund should also get a thank you note from the Federal Government for extending them an interest free short term loan. Smart money pays in only enough (if your employer didn't have you re-evaluate withholding and file a new W-4 when the tax law changed they screwed you) that provides the smallest refund or even better a minor payment that keeps you above the penalty threshold so you can use your money to make money throughout the year. Crying because you receive a smaller refund, when you paid less taxes, shows just how out of touch some are with their finances and how manipulated they are by partisan talking heads. Never understood people using a refund of their own money as an even return savings account and thinking it was smart ....

..... angel-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I know the ultra wealthy such as yourself, those that can afford to invest such as yourself just don't understand the average American.

Let me enlighten you. Most Americans don't have a large savings account built up, let alone gambling money(stock market). Most Americans live paycheck to paycheck and their budgets are very tight. Most Americans without a credit card would be bankrupted by something as small as a furnace needing replacing in the mid of winter.

So, while your grand plan of get a small return, or owe a little while investing your money sounds wonderful, that is just fantasy talk to most Americans. For most Americans having an unexpected $200-$2000 bill is devastating. Luckily for me it's just annoying.

Welcome to the real world:*

• Well last year when the tax law changed, my bring home went up 93.00 dollars a week.

After doing my taxes this year it took all of that and a little more to pay what i owed.

Hell i figure i broke even! (OR NOT)

Like most, the hard numbers probably say you played less. It's the pay more at the end that most will remember and be annoyed with.

• As I do every so often I tuned into the view to get a different perspective on politics. I was shocked to see what happened. After a few comments on the latest Dems running for president and bashing Trump Behar said that they had more political things to talk about but changed the topic. The crowd really wasn't reacting to the hard left politics today.

• Mathew, we're not all like that. Some of us don't even get a pay check any more, and there's no government hand outs or free Obama phones for us

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Well i don't disagree with any thing you posted here as far it being tough on the average worker.

That being said i work from 5:00 to 5:30 ever day and 8.5 hours on Saturdays every week to earn

the money i bring home. Been at the same job sense 1972. I didn't post here to brag on what i make,

Just that i found it funny that the government gave me this tax break only to take it all back at the end of the year.

• WOLF agree that in many ways the system is “rigged” that normal hardworking guys just like DLROSS never get the break to become wealthy working hard 6 days a week. Early in my career I was working those hours and then some until an “ultra wealthy” man gave me an opportunity to get in on a HUGE real estate deal. I had to leverage every asset I could pool together for the buy in. Fortunately the deal worked and was the cornerstone of the wealth I have established. Had it gone bad I would more than likely still be working to pay off my debts. So this is what I have learned which are more truths than cliches

1.) You never get rich working for the other guy - you can make a great living but not rich.

2.) Wealth begets wealth - either you are an entrepreneur or somebody from the wealth world throws you a bone like what happend for me.

3) You have to be willing to risk it ALL.

4.) The taxman cometh and we all look to pay the least amount possible.

Federal income tax more or less is to give Washington DC power to rule over us. Think about it - we all pay taxes every day all day of our lives be it sales tax, gas tax, food tax, property tax and on and on. I wish there was a way where everybody had a shot at great wealth but sadly it only shines on a few,

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• The tax issue is an easy one to spin. The size of your refund isn't a good standard to decide if you got a tax break.

If you want to be honest take last years return and this years return so your comparing apples to apples. Increase in take home plus rebate vs rebate.

It's amazing to see how many people screw themselves doing their own taxes.

• The tax issue is an easy one to spin. The size of your refund isn't a good standard to decide if you got a tax break.

If you want to be honest take last years return and this years return so your comparing apples to apples. Increase in take home plus rebate vs rebate.

It's amazing to see how many people screw themselves doing their own taxes.

I didn't put the littlest bit of spin on it, for the record. If you check my posts, I mentioned several times "most people payed less tax".

The problem is the IRS was instructed to take even less than they were required to take, in an effort to make people think the new tax plan was saving them even more than it was, by letting people's checks be bigger through the year, only to take back the difference during tax season.

I barely noticed the $20 a week increase in my take home. I very much noticed I owe $250 instead of getting $2500+.

The wiser play for Trump would have been to take an extra $15-20 a week because most people won't notice or care too much, but would be very happy when their return increases by $1000+.

• My comment wasn't directed at you but the people I've heard in the media today.

I'll reserve my judgement on the tax break until I get my return done in a couple weeks.