Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Bill Martin I think Trump and his dumb thinking might have screwed his chances for winning a second term.

I did my taxes and owe for the first time in twenty years. The Republicans tax plan lowered my tax obligation, that I am happy with. Most people won't notice they paid less, only that they owe a lot more.

The reason: TRUMP

This "stable genius"/ Scam Artist, told the IRS to "withhold less from Americans through the year, so their checks look bigger before the mid-terms. I'm actually pissed that he could make such commands. So now, even though I claim zero dependants all year as a way to ensure a refund, I owe. Many Americans will owe this year that haven't owed in a long time and they will rightfully blame Trump. The Republicans created a decent tax bill for middle America and Trump made it look like a big loser, which may make him the big loser in 2 years, if other things don't prevent him from running.

• It is now official. Elizabeth Warren (D from Massachusetts) has declared her candidacy for the President of the United States. Ms. Warren (more commonly referred to as POCAHONTAS by her friends :thumbsup: ) apparently sent up smoke signals at noon yesterday to a group of young warriors and squaws. She has vowed to stay in this battle to the end - even bringing in The Hekawi tribe to assist if necessary since she shares their ancestry. This is going to be good. Early reports have her scalping Trump by a hair if the election was held today

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• WOLF - the tax thing knocking Trump off the throne ain’t gonna amount to nothing - the Dems are electing Trump again right now.....

Do you have a transcript of her talking. Her voice and attitude is too annoying to watch/listen to. On top of that she hyperinflates everything.

Of all the pundits on both sides, I find her unbearable to watch. Her show would be better if it wasn't always room and gloom. Even Rush Limbaugh adds a little humor and levity into his show.

• I’m in the Philippines where at least everyone knows the system is ———-

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Odd because I got back money this year after paying in the last 8.

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• I want to believe you, but your "paying in the last 8" sounds a little partisan. If true, based on news reports that are trickling out as the tax season progresses, you are in the minority receiving a bigger return.

Honest, no lie, I am finally getting money back again. I use to always get money back and the last 6 to 8 years I have been paying in. What really sucked this year, I got on the ball and sent in early and right after filing online, next day I had a W2 from the wife at a job she worked for 2 months. So I had to do my first amendment. What a PITA. I had just made a post on FB stating lying news again blaming Trump for paying in taxes and I was like guess I was one of the lucky ones because I am getting back finally.

• Honest, no lie, I am finally getting money back again. I use to always get money back and the last 6 to 8 years I have been paying in. What really sucked this year, I got on the ball and sent in early and right after filing online, next day I had a W2 from the wife at a job she worked for 2 months. So I had to do my first amendment. What a PITA. I had just made a post on FB stating lying news again blaming Trump for paying in taxes and I was like guess I was one of the lucky ones because I am getting back finally.

I'm happy for you sir. My wife is going to see if filing seperate changes the numbers. I'll keep you all posted.

It is annoying because according to news reports we were the "average household", our returns were between $2500 and $2900 for decades. The news says most people saw a $300-$400 decline in their return. I wish I was in the "average household" category on the decline side. I owe $250 right now, a $2700 to $3100 decline, if filing separately doesn't change anything. Fingers crossed.

• I'm happy for you sir. My wife is going to see if filing seperate changes the numbers. I'll keep you all posted.

It is annoying because according to news reports we were the "average household", our returns were between $2500 and $2900 for decades. The news says most people saw a $300-$400 decline in their return. I wish I was in the "average household" category on the decline side. I owe $250 right now, a $2700 to $3100 decline, if filing separately doesn't change anything. Fingers crossed.

Separate filing has never been better for me and the wife, Joint was always the best numbers. But also this year our income dropped a good 60K.