Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I got a different take - either the Dems deal on the wall for a DACA deal or don’t deal — Trump says screw you, declares a state of emergency, and build the wall and they get NOTHING!!! Chuck & Nancy .... BOOYAH !!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I got a different take - either the Dems deal on the wall for a DACA deal or don’t deal — Trump says screw you, declares a state of emergency, and build the wall and they get NOTHING!!! Chuck & Nancy .... BOOYAH !!!!

What if, like all the Dems in Congress, the Republicans in Congress are against and heavily advising Trump against using a state of emergency? What if that coupled with public outcry and national security risks caused by the shutdown are why Trump changed his mind? What if Trump was told by the Republicans in Congress that they will leave him to fend for himself for the rest of his "only term" if he calls for a state of emergency? Obviously that would be something only known to Trump and McConnell, that way Trump could still make empty threats in an effort to secure wall funding.

• Bill Martin They all say screw you, vote with a Super Majority, fund the government and he gets NOTHING!!! Trump & Trump .... BOOYAH !!!!:D;(

EDIT: It won't be this one, Republicans voted yesterday to stay unified with Trump. I wonder if Pelosi's, "Our unity is our power" line pushed them to that.

Edited once, last by WOLF ().

• I've been standing on the beach for 2 hours, screaming my lungs out. I can't feel my nose, fingers and toes and I'm out of tissue. Are you coming anytime soon? Can you even hear me? Fuck, it's cold!

• On a side note. If the Wicked Witch of the West was working out and started to sweat, would she start to melt?

Politics is a bloodsport and seldom pretty. Not one of them in that town are lily white. Perhaps you are correct in my analogy WOLF but I stand by “patience” . The Congress can do nothing without the Senate and Trump signature. Time will tell.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• well we now have 21 days. 21 days which Trump can try to get the Democrats to agree to a compromise that includes wall funding

He also has 21 days in which to build the case that the drugs, crime, human trafficking & other security issues that are taking place in this country have reached the point where declaring a national emergency is justified

I think almost everyone on both side has already agreed that the opioid problem in this country has reached national emergency level and if he approaches it in a way that it is these problems that he is calling the national emergency over the statistics on these issues would give him a very strong case that could stand up to the court challenges that are bound to happen

Once he has declared this national emergency without even mentioning a wall the tool of Executive power becomes very easy for Trump to use to do the things needed to solve the emergency including building the wall

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Not exactly since statistics show most opiods come through ports of entry, planes and boats. Just watch that El Chappo case that's going on.

• Not exactly since statistics show most opiods come through ports of entry, planes and boats. Just watch that El Chappo case that's going on.

Since you mention El Chapo - where do these guys get thru - I mean they don’t exactly blend ???!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

we dont need all or even most of the opioids to come across the southern border to make it a good thing to stop those that do or make it not a crises

why do you keep trying to dismiss this on the grounds that it wont fix things 100 percent?

you did it in an earlier thread when you implied a wall was not a good idea because some people would still get around it

seriously do you really believe the only laws and security measures that should be put in place are those that work 100 percent?

if laws and security measures had to work 100% of the time before the laws were made or the security measures were put in place there would be no laws or security measures

Are the lives lost by drugs that do come the southern border not important enough to try to save?

Is not the human trafficking that happens across the southern border important enough to try to stop?

Are the crimes committed by illegal immigrants worth ignoring and not doing anything about because there will still be other crimes?

As I said before - if a 5.8 billion dollar wall (an amount spent by our federal government every 10 hours) stops 1% of these crimes I think it is worth it and more.

don't you?

also as a side note, having a more secure southern border would also free up resources that could be re directed to ports of entry, planes and boats to also make them more secure, but I am pretty sure you know this

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I actually do support a wall. However, I also support limiting executive power (hence my lack of support for a national emergency). Our gov't was given roles and rules for a reason. I don't think you should just be able to go around other branches when things arent going your way.

Side note - if you do support the whole national emergency choice, then I don't want to hear any bitching when the next Dem president does it over something you don't like.

• I never said, "some people" would still come over. I said, everyone that is motivated to go around now, will simply walk or ride the extra 200 miles, which depending on where they are coming from and the angle they take, it would be even less than 200 miles extra to go around. Even less if they plan to go over or through the wall.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the stats for walls working and numbers going down are regional. "Town (a) puts up a wall, town (a) has no more people coming over the boarder. Walls work, period". Unfortunately they leave out that town (B) right down the street from town (a) has seen an increase in traffic strangely identical to the numbers town (a) saw before the wall.

Please keep in mind, I really, honestly, whole heartedly give zero fucks if Trump gets his wall or not.

Looks like somebody made another payment to "Caravan".

We are Caravan.

Do you need to motivate your political base? Caravan

Do you need to convince an entire country that a National Emergency is necessary? Caravan

Here at Caravan we have the ability to gather the proper size caravan for your needs. We can tailor fit a caravan to your needs. 2000 not enough 4,000 not enough, how about an 8,000 person caravan? We can do that.

Call Caravan today at 1-800-SEL FEAR. We have operators standing by.

• As I said before - if a 5.8 billion dollar wall (an amount spent by our federal government every 10 hours) stops 1% of these crimes I think it is worth it and more.

don't you?

Are you for more gun laws if it saves 1% of the lives lost to gun violence?

I say we have enough, enforce them.

With the wall, enforce laws in place on companies that hire illegals and much more than 1% will stop coming here illegally for work. There is too much money in drug sales for a wall to stop any of it. Sure a wall may slow them down by 5 mins., but man power is what stops the drugs and human trafficking from coming over.