Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I’m gonna throw out a real political hot button topic here but I read this and could not resist:

New York 'celebrates' legalizing abortion until birth as Catholic bishops question Cuomo's faith

https://www.foxnews.com/politi…ops-question-cuomos-faith

Once again the “progressives” show how far they are willing to go. It can be debated whether abortions are ok under certain circumstances but to allow a baby to be aborted the day before delivery is just flat out murder. Why not the day after delivery and if you don’t like the way it looks - smother it with a pillow and put it to the road for trash pickup? If this kind of thing does not explain why Trump was elected - nothing will !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Heck if you can be held accountable for things your child does until they are 18 then why not abortion until they are 18 - - murder is murder so why not?

and yes this is intended to be sarcasm

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• On a more serious note what New York is doing is bound to end up in the courts and if the left is not careful they might just be opening the door to bringing the abortion issue back in front of the Supreme Court - - - I'm not sure that is something they really want to do

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• WOLF It’s this kinda crap that has me so entrenched against Democrats - you give em an inch and they take 5 miles. They couldn’t be satisfied by 1st trimester abortion. Be the same thing on guns if they get a chance. I think Edward Neal is right - this may be something that will make it to the Supreme Court and overturn Roe vs Wade - we just thought the wall is a political shit storm...

• The court won't overturn Roe, and if they do, stand by. The precedent will then be set for partisan courts to change rulings as they change partisan majority... Bill Martin you know what that would do to the country.

We got a constitutional leaning court now. LIFE, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness! Is a cornerstone!! If the left can kill full term babies Roe vs Wade should be overturned and let Congress pass federal laws or a Constitutional Amendment to settle this once and for all. You really think this will divide the country more than it already is?? I’m sorry Sis but when it comes to a state killing full term babies I say BURN IT DOWN and start over!!

• WOLF It’s this kinda crap that has me so entrenched against Democrats - you give em an inch and they take 5 miles. They couldn’t be satisfied by 1st trimester abortion. Be the same thing on guns if they get a chance. I think Edward Neal is right - this may be something that will make it to the Supreme Court and overturn Roe vs Wade - we just thought the wall is a political shit storm...

The previous law in New York was "abortion is legal up to 24 weeks or to term if it threatens the mother's life".

The new law in New York is "abortion is legal up to 24 weeks or to term if it threatens the mother's life or the child won't survive to term".

They did remove abortion from the penal code. That was done "to remove the 7yr sentence a doctor could receive for performing an abortion after 24 weeks" "protect abortion rights in the State (like state marijuana laws) against the reversal of RvW". The new law still defines what is "legal" and subsequently "illegal". I have know clue what the penalty is if you break this law.

With that said, unless you were wholly pissed off before, there isn't much added worth getting pissed about. If you were pissed off before, it shouldn't really make you more mad.

I gave my thoughts on abortion before, but to save you all a forum search.

I think abortion should be legal up to 9 weeks or when a heartbeat is detected, which ever comes first. Without a heartbeat, it really is no different, in my opinion, than living sperm and "Aunt Flow's" eggs that are flushed down the toilet regularly by most everybody. It should also be legal to term in the cases that threaten the mother's life or when it is clear the baby won't survive to term(as NY did).

Yes, "to term" sounds extreme. How else could you phrase it if you believe the mother has a right to her own life and should be able to save herself at ANY time during the pregnancy. How else would you phrase it if you believe a mother shouldn't have to carry a dead or dying baby in her belly for up to 38 weeks?

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or licensed health care practitioner. I do not know all the horrible situations that could arise during pregnancy, nor do I know what can or can't be prevented in efforts to save mother's or fetuses. I'm sure the lists are long and I trust professionals to know the lists and the proper courses of action.

• Oh how I wish this could actually happen

fire em all I say and start over !!!

It is actually happening, on the Democrat side. Look at all the freshmen this past election. Sure they all piss you guys off and the phrase, "be careful what you wish for" comes to mind. Fact is a lot of incumbents, some from both sides, were ushered out in the last election.

Clarification: I don't like them all. Heck, I don't know much about most of them. The ones I know anything about seem to lean to far in one direction or the other for my taste. That makes sense, because they are the loud ones.

• I agree up to 9 weeks is reasonable - being Pro Life is not a crime

• Pro Life is definently not a crime Bill Martin .

I'm Pro Life as my stated position informs. I'm not Pro Life Movement, Pro Life. I'm simply Pro Life.

It is Pro Life to allow a Pregnant woman to save herself with a late term abortion when the only other option is both her and the child die and the father possibly becomes suicidal.

The Pro Life Movement, by seeking to outlaw ALL late term abortions, is going against it's stated goal of saving lives. There has to be exceptions for those rare, extreme cases.

• That's funny since your team (EAGLES) didn't show too much life in their 20-14 loss to the Saints!!! :thumbsup:

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• That's funny since your team (EAGLES) didn't show too much life in their 20-14 loss to the Saints!!! :thumbsup:

Hey, they were very much alive in the first quarter, super human even. At the very end of the game the offense came back to life and made a lot of Saints fans cheeks pucker.

The D was very much alive throughout the game. Yes, the offense seemed to fall asleep in the middle, which was sad. I was honestly more sad when KC(Andy Reid-old Eagles coach) lost to New England that when the Eagles lost to the Saints.

OMG !!!!

A CNN "exclusive" of a leaked draft document showing the President has actually been looking in to and considering declaring a state of emergency he has publicly talked about over and over again for more than 6 weeks now ......

giphy.gif

(selective "leaks" can be powerful tools .... dontchaknow )

..... winning.JPG

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Yeah... It was a stupid idea then, and putting on paper is a step in the stupider direction.

• You've got to be kidding... He can't be serious...https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/24/politics/trump-border-wall-emergency-draft/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

One step further into the bluff? Hopefully.

What??? When Obama exercised his authority to use his “phone and pen” it was ok to circumvent Congress — Trump should not use his LEGAL Presidential power at his disposal to do what Congress will not?? How is that stupid to use his power to further his agenda - exact same thing Obama did... do we have another double standard hatching here???