Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Wolf - - -

Right now what is it you want Trump to do?

He cant end the shutdown without signing a bill and at this point there is no bill for him to sign - - - so what is it you want from him?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Hmmmm... Senate wont bring any votes to the floor that they think Trump will veto. That's why there hasnt been a vote. So either the Senate has decided they have no balls, or they've decided to let the House and the President duke it out.

And either way a verbal committment doesnt mean shit to most people... Or politicians.

Yup, Senate votes set for two pertinent bills Thursday ... debate started today ..... if one passes then its back to the House .... we will see who really stands on what ground when it counts .....

..... politician-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I stand corrected. Senate will hear and vote on 2 bills, neither of which are expected to pass. I can hear someone in the balcony yelling "no balls" from here.

You could be right - no balls could be the answer - we men have fucked it up bad enough ....how bout giving her a chance

:00008359::00008359::00008359:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• You are messing with me, right?:00008172::00008356:

That was awesome! For a while you had me thinking you were a dense, confused, illiterate moron that doesn't understand words. You kept describing the same processes to me like I'm the clueless one, all the while making me shake my head at your feined stupidity.:00008356::00008172: Man you are good. I'll being watching better in the future.

I can't believe I kept trying so long. Who has egg on their face? This guy!:00000436::00008084:

• The adult in the room

Marc nailed it - and I agree that if they actually worked together this could finally be a chance at really fixing our immigration problems

• In my opinion the wall/fence is permanent solution, funded once and done with. But you see, this is not what the Dems. want. They want something that is negioable every year. If money is low one year guess where they cut first, they cut the budget and change the rules and we are right back to where we are right now. Now, let us talk about the tech. without the walls. Well every couple of years we have to upgrade or replace the equipment. (remember the wall is already paid for the only upkeep maybe to patch a hole in the wall or man power) Now what companies are getting the money to replace the equipment that is supposely worn out or needs replaceing. That is easy, the supporters of the Dem. party will be the that receive all of this money on contract (almost open ended) Maybe I have made this a little simple but TRUE is TRUE

• I like Trumps new slogan - - - "BUILD A WALL & CRIME WILL FALL!"

Based on campaign staff announcements I submit the anointed Democrat party 2020 Presidential nominee .....

Campaign finance lawyer Marc Elias of Perkins Coie: general counsel

Angelique Cannon, member Clinton's 2016 senior staff: national finance director

David Huynh, Clinton's director of delegate operations: senior adviser.

Lily Adams from Clinton 2016 senior campaign staff: communications director.

Maya Harris, the senator’s sister and former top adviser to Clinton: campaign chair.

Sergio Gonzales, former regional director for Hillary for America: Senior policy adviser

David Binder, polster for Obama's campaigns: senior adviser

Mike Nellis, senior staffer for Bernie Sanders campaign: digital director

...... CrystalBall1.gif

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Too close to the slogan in this thread lately, "Build the wall or Trump will fall". Right Bill Martin :)

At this point thing seem to be looking up for the wall

Cracks in border wall resistance starting to show

• Just read an article, seems Pelosi is getting some bad habits from Trump.

I remember Trump on quite a few occasions saying things to the affect of "I have a great plan, it's already together and wonderful... I'll let you know later what it is, but trust me, it's the best plan". Most times nothing happened or what did, seemed seat of the pants and off the cuff rather than methodically thought out and executed.

Not sure what the full qoute was, but ending with, "I wish we would do that", makes the "plan" sound very made up especially that "working jointly part". :00008862:

• Unfortunately her plan is like they said about Obomacare. Vote it in then read the details. :thumbdown:Nope I'm not buying her package.

• Unfortunately her plan is like they said about Obomacare. Vote it in then read the details. :thumbdown:Nope I'm not buying her package.

I may like her package, not that package perv, but I am not convinced she has a plan other than "no wall funding".

I read another article stating Dems are writing up a bill to offer $5B and a different article quoted Schumer as saying," we are going to offer a substantial amount, much larger than before($1.8B) for border security, both articles quoted, "not for wall funding". If the number is say $6.8B and they don't specifically exclude wall funding in the bill, that could be how they back door the money to Trump for his wall. Trump wins. Dems win because they show they care about border security and didn't specifically give Trump Wall money.

• I may like her package, not that package perv, but I am not convinced she has a plan other than "no wall funding".

I read another article stating Dems are writing up a bill to offer $5B and a different article quoted Schumer as saying," we are going to offer a substantial amount, much larger than before($1.8B) for border security, both articles quoted, "not for wall funding". If the number is say $6.8B and they don't specifically exclude wall funding in the bill, that could be how they back door the money to Trump for his wall. Trump wins. Dems win because they show they care about border security and didn't specifically give Trump Wall money.

I read this as well - said something to the effect that it would give the money but say there could be no "new" infrastructure

Not sure exactly what would qualify as "new" and how restrictive this would or would not be. From what I have heard in the past there are large areas of "wall" that have been approved but never funded - - would building that be considered "new"

Also once they give money and say it isnt for "new" infrastructure how hard is it for Trump to redirect that money after the fact

The best way out of this mess is if they can come up with a solution that allows both sides to claim a victory as such Trump needs to be able to say it is for the wall even if the Dems say it isnt

Its all such a bunch of BS - I really wish we could get back to a system where the parties are actually willing to work together - bipartisan bills should be normal and common, but lately it seems as if they are as rare as a red crested tree rats

2017_11$largeimg08_Nov_2017_131007943.jpg