Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Goats_Hogs - well stated with a caveat - no welfare, food stamps for the first 5 years. To become a citizen you have to have the skills to support yourself in our society - contributing not draining. Anyway no worries. Dems are taking on more important issues - Ocasio-Cortez says the world only has 12 years left as climate change is her generations WW2 and the California Courts can no longer use gender specific pronouns. No he, she, her, him - must use they!! I’m gonna feel so much better if the Democrats get control of the Senate and Presidency so these types of things can be fixed....we will be on our way to

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Goats_Hogs - well stated with a caveat - no welfare, food stamps for the first 5 years. To become a citizen you have to have the skills to support yourself in our society - contributing not draining. Anyway no worries. Dems are taking on more important issues - Ocasio-Cortez says the world only has 12 years left as climate change is her generations WW2 and the California Courts can no longer use gender specific pronouns. No he, she, her, him - must use they!! I’m gonna feel so much better if the Democrats get control of the Senate and Presidency so these types of things can be fixed....we will be on our way to

I actually meant to mention that Bill, on the no sucking the tax or SS welfare lines also. I got rushed to finish, and left that off. But in my defense.... I did mention being productive. However, the "want a better life, want to assimilate to our culture" could be just what you speak of. I'm all for hand ups to help people to better themselves. I'm for handouts to those that do need it. I'm against hand up or hand outs to users of the system.... those that are lazy and believe they are "owed" it. That would include any potential immigrants (legal or not) and also US citizens here.

• I think (obviously it’s up for debate) the average American citizen has no problem with common sense immigration for folks looking to better themselves - not coming to suck off the government tit. I just wonder if the Dems would be so much for open borders if Reps made it part of the deal you have to be native born to vote ?? Not that it would ever happen but I would imagine that would be a game changer!!

• I just wonder if the Dems would be so much for open borders if Reps made it part of the deal you have to be native born to vote ??

I'd agree to that, and I'd be willing to take that even one step farther.... how about all legal US citizens? That would cover all immigrants as well, just not the ones that aren't here legally or are here on work visa.

• I know they all, Trump included, were in verbal agreement before the shutdown, not 100% sure if the bill was written up or not. The bill they were all for was basically, "let's fund the government until Feb 8th", which is what I heard the bills that passed the House and are waiting on the Senate are. We are getting closer to that date the longer this goes on. That deadline made more sense before the holidays, now it just seems like a very silly, kick the can situation. The Dems should just make an offer of their own if they don't like Trumps offer.

so the answer is no

Other than a temporary funding bill that was only talked about there is no actual funding bill for Trump to sign

The Democrat house has passed nothing to even send to the Senate

and even if they did all agree to and signed a temporary funding bill it would have just put off whats happening now until Feb 8th

You say the Dems should make an offer - - -your damn straight they should - they should do their job and write a bill and pass and send it to the Senate - hell even the Republican house got that far

I dont see how the President can be blamed for a shut down when the Democrats havent even passed anything for him to reject - just because he says he will means nothing - test him - put it on his desk

ALL budget bills by law have to start in the House - - - -what are they waiting for?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Nice vent, please reread my post, it's in there. There is an individual bill for each department (8-12 of them) that PASSED the House and have been waiting on the Senate to bring them to the floor.

I've only said that about 6 times through our discussions, good to know you're listening.

• Here ya go Edward Neal . It has been sitting there a while, and it appears to fund most of the government through Sept.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w…-end-shutdown-11546570946

Yeah - the liberal Dems JUST won the house and the President and Senate should cave to their bill. I know - let’s impeach Trump, bring charges against Kavanagh and Nielson for perjury, shut down fossil fuels, tax the rich at 70%, tear down the immoral wall already built, do away with ICE, amnesty for all illegals and make sure we have a pathway to feed, house, and provide healthcare for them, put all the restrictions back on banks and business, reapoligize to the world for evil America. Even better - let’s outlaw the Republican Party and electoral collage that way New York and California can dictate all US politicians and policy so middle America doesn’t have to concern themselves with that annoying voting thing. Yep that should just about do it

• Nice vent, please reread my post, it's in there. There is an individual bill for each department (8-12 of them) that PASSED the House and have been waiting on the Senate to bring them to the floor.

I've only said that about 6 times through our discussions, good to know you're listening.

if it hasnt made it through the Senate Trump cant sign it - if Trump cant sigh it/them how is it his fault? Passing bills that they know will never pass the Senate is just blowing smoke

Seriously other than PR whats the point of passing things you know the Senate wont pass?

its all grandstanding and they need to stop and actually get to work and do their job - - pass a real bill that has a chance in the senate

• if it hasnt made it through the Senate Trump cant sign it - if Trump cant sigh it/them how is it his fault? Passing bills that they know will never pass the Senate is just blowing smoke

Seriously other than PR whats the point of passing things you know the Senate wont pass?

its all grandstanding and they need to stop and actually get to work and do their job - - pass a real bill that has a chance in the senate

As much as I hate repeating myself, because I've said this many times also, here it goes.

Bill it wouldn't be a "cave in" to the Dems since everyone verbally agreed to it, before Trump was lambasted on FOX for considering caving on the wall. It would be allowing wall discussions to continue up to Feb 8th while funding the rest of the government beyond that point.

Edward Neal the ONLY reason Mitch didn't take it up and get it passed is because TRUMP, after being lambasted, SAID HE WON'T SIGN IT NOW.

• As much as I hate repeating myself, because I've said this many times also, here it goes.

Bill it wouldn't be a "cave in" to the Dems since everyone verbally agreed to it, before Trump was lambasted on FOX for considering caving on the wall. It would be allowing wall discussions to continue up to Feb 8th while funding the rest of the government beyond that point.

Edward Neal the ONLY reason Mitch didn't take it up and get it passed is because TRUMP, after being lambasted, SAID HE WON'T SIGN IT NOW.

verbally agreeing to something - - - what is that worth? for funding to happen they need to do more than verbally agree - the House and the Senate have to actually pass it, and then they have to give it to the President and he has to sign in

You act like they can just say we agree and something will happen just so long as Trump also agrees

Funding REQUIRES more than verbal agreements

Like I said - let the house actually pass something that the Senate will also pass - - - That is their F'n job and it requires compromise and yes it will have to be bipartisan and get votes from both parties

instead of this crap why cant they just do their job?

and a even bigger question is why do we let them get away with not doing it?

• I think the saddest thing about all of this garbage is that we as the American people dont even seem to care if congress actually does its job. We seem to be perfectly okay with temporary bills that just kick the can down the road because they are unwilling to make the compromises it takes to actually pass budgets. It seems the only way a budget can actually get passed is when one party has total control and can ram what they want down the other sides throats

the reason for the 60 vote requirement is so that they have to work together - - - And they just refuse - - and whats worse is that we let them

• I would hate to negotiate a deal with you.

Me "Here's my proposal"

You "Give me something I'll sign"

Me "Ok, are you good with X,Y,Z"?

You "Sounds good, draw it up".

Me " I wrote up the new proposal. Could you sign this"?

You " I'm not signing that".

Me "But this is exactly what you agreed to".

You "That was a verbal agreement, that didn't mean I was ok with it".

Me "Nevermind, I found another firm".:D

• That didnt happen

you are implying that they passed what was talked about and Trump refused to sign it

Fact - NO BILL HAS BEEN PASSED BY CONGRESS

If the House actually made a bill containing what was verbally agreed to and the Senate then passed it then you could say what you are saying

fact is the house never acted on what was verbally agreed to by passing it in a bill and the Senate has never been handed a bill to consider that is what was talked about verbally

it was never ever anything more than just talk by anyone and as such there hasnt even been something presented to the president for him to accept or reject

• The President would love to be able to just do this all by himself, but he can't in order for a budget to become law the House must first pass a bill and then that bill has to be passed by the Senate and then and only then can the President act on that bill by either signing it or vetoing it

The President doesnt make laws - he can only approve or reject the ones both houses of congress pass

Until the Congress gets off its ass and actually passes something through both houses Trump cant do anything other that talk about what he may or may not do.

Trump saying he wont sign something is really nothing more than talk if he is never presented with anything he could sign which at this point has never happened