Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• all things happen for a reason and perhaps this is what the American people need to see to finally get us to actually do something to make a change

we are letting our country be led be people who dont really care about us - - - when are we going to say "enough" and get all of these clowns out of there so that we can start over

Like you Bill I have been a political animal for as long as I can remember - but these last few years have made me realize that its got to change. back when I was young people for the most part wanted the same things the left and the right disagreed on how best to get there, but at the end of the day I could sit down with people on the other side and we could all be friends - - now things are so damn toxic and the pure hate and spite - - - it seems like the only underlying reason why anyone up there does anything is to try to F the other side

I am so glad I dumped the Republican party -- - I still agree with many of their values, but I just cant be a part of that s#it any more and I cant vote for people who will just keep doing the same crap

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• It just seems like every time she opens her mouth she is sticking both of her feet in it. If she were saying something that made sense it might could be a little different. She is just making statements with no thought as to what is being said or how it could be used against her.

• It just seems like every time she opens her mouth she is sticking both of her feet in it. If she were saying something that made sense it might could be a little different. She is just making statements with no thought as to what is being said or how it could be used against her.

I have never voted a party line or been in anything else for that matter that tried to tell me how to vote. I was even a union official (Steel Workers) and never voted the union line and I would not tell my members how to vote either. I never had a problem. I just do not like someone, supposely having my best interest at heart telling me how to vote.

• I agree that no one should vote a straight ticket but for the best candidate. Problem is the Democratic Party has moved so far to the left there is nobody I could ever support nor do they want to move to the center. The entire field of possible 2020 of Dem Presidential candidates want to transform this country in a way that is opposite to my core beliefs. Do I think somebody out there could do a better job than Trump?? YES !! But for now he is the only thing standing between America as we know it to a pathetic mess like San Francisco or Seattle. I gotta keep believing somebody from somewhere can emerge to somewhat return us to civility and at least unify center America. Sadly, the further it goes that belief is fading for me.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I agree that no one should vote a straight ticket but for the best candidate. Problem is the Democratic Party has moved so far to the left there is nobody I could ever support nor do they want to move to the center. The entire field of possible 2020 of Dem Presidential candidates want to transform this country in a way that is opposite to my core beliefs. Do I think somebody out there could do a better job than Trump?? YES !! But for now he is the only thing standing between America as we know it to a pathetic mess like San Francisco or Seattle. I gotta keep believing somebody from somewhere can emerge to somewhat return us to civility and at least unify center America. Sadly, the further it goes that belief is fading for me.

Where's Helen of Troy when we need her...?

• Where's Helen of Troy when we need her...?

in Troy - - - DUHHHHH

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

• I

Let this sink in - Pelosi is in the House. The House passed all the bills required to open the government. The Senate won't put them on the floor for a vote.

Trump is adamant he will not sign anything without the $5.8B.

The Dems are adamant they will not approve anything that includes that $5.8B.

Since neither side will come off their position, there is nothing to negotiate.

The Senators that agreed to the Bills sitting before them "in the past" should approve them with a veto proof majority and help Trump get his wall in other ways.

• there we are "veto proof majority" thats that 60 vote number thats needed to even pass a funding bill - - with the R's holding 53 seats and the D's 47 how do you suggest they get 60 votes?

that would require bipartisanism - before 12/31 a bill was passed by the house, and in the senate it did get the 51 votes to get it to the floor with a tie breaking vote by the VP, but at that point it died because it couldn't get even 9 of the democrats to join the majority republicans to get to the 60

and now you think that republicans should cross over to get the democrats to 60?

also as to your "get the wall in other ways" - - Trump already asked Pelosi if she would consider doing just that if he signed a bill without the wall and she told him NO!

she wasn't even smart enough to say yes to him knowing she could change her mind after the government opened back up - - - wow!

• "veto proof" majority is 2/3rds approval, not 60 votes.

Republicans were unanimously in favor before Trump decided he wouldn't be on board. They wouldn't be "crossing over", just voting how they wanted to before.

So, Pelosi says "no" and the "great negotiator" can't come up with more than one solution?

• Anybody think they haven’t shut down enough of the government?????:00008172:

I DO!!!!!!

I think for a government shutdown, it should be mandatory that-----------

#1. The border, ALL the borders, North and South, Should be SHUT for ALL traffic EXCEPT freight hauling trucks.

#2. ALL Federal Law Enforcement, ALL branches of the military are to be deemed Essential from here forward, and will continue to be paid.

#3. ALL Federal and Government workers, INCLUDING Congress will have ALL government paid travel suspended until the shutdown is over unless it is ABSOLUTELY UNEQUIVOCALLY DIRECTLY VITAL to the safety/security of the country.

#4. All Congressional members will be required to remain in Washington DC for negotiations during a shutdown. IF they choose to fly home, at their own expense, and are absent when a vote is taken, their right to vote is forfeit, their Party is to be treated as if the missing member never existed affecting the party's membership numbers. That could mean that the Majority party could lose it's majority for a particular vote if enough of their members are absent WITHOUT RECOURSE.

#5. All Congressional members will NOT be paid, Including the President, during a shutdown, without the ability to receive back pay. After all, serving in the congress is a privilege, not a right. If they can not do their job, they should not be paid until they do their job.

#6. All government employees and contractors, if deemed "non-essential", will be furloughed without pay, and with no right to/expectation of back pay. With the security of, benefits of, retirement of a government job comes risks.

#7. ALL FOREIGN AID PROGRAMS and PAYMENTS are to be suspended during a shutdown, with no expectation of back pay.

This would be a good start to straightening out the government. But a lot more needs to happen.

• Everyword of it should happen

• "veto proof" majority is 2/3rds approval, not 60 votes.

Republicans were unanimously in favor before Trump decided he wouldn't be on board. They wouldn't be "crossing over", just voting how they wanted to before.

So, Pelosi says "no" and the "great negotiator" can't come up with more than one solution?

well 2/3rd of 100 is more than 60 so my point that they cant get the votes stands - they couldn't get the 6o so how the hell do you expect them to get 67?

• Trump is in Washington and Pelosi seems to be doing everything she can to not be in Washington - - to point of even trying to reschedule the trip on commercial airlines

Seems to me that leaving town when people are not getting paid should be grounds for termination - - the only real job these people are supposed to do is to legislate and pass bills

if they are not in town and doing that then why are they employed? why are they getting paid when government employees with real jobs are not?

Personally I hope they keep this crap up until the entire thing falls apart - - they are not doing their job instead they are fighting and trying to beat the other guy - - - they all need to be canned

on a brighter note apparently Trump is going to do something - - - Trump to make major announcement

I hope he declares a national emergency and orders the wall be built immediately by the Army Corp of engineers