Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• What people say and what people do don't always match up.

Hirohito, may have said that, but then, he did attack Hawaii, where they kept a lot of guns.

At that time Hawaii was not a state in the United States. 8o

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

I actually find it funny a TV station staffer in Seattle aired doctored coverage of the Presidents Oval Office address ......

He was rightfully fired .... but you have to admire his testicular fortitude ...........

..... wacky-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Liberal Cher, a Trump hater, calls for Democrats to back down

Clearly does not like Trump, but also clearly tells Democrats to "Not Die on this hill" and to "LET HIM HAVE HIS FKNG MONEY"

Trump can win this fight, the cracks are already starting to show on the left

You realize the Dem leaders know about "The Art of the Deal" and Trump is going through it play by play. The Dem leaders will give him nothing because they want him to lose on the wall, plus you know they rather die then let Trump look like a good negotiator.

As usual, today you have Pence and McConnell, who with Trump refuse any deal without wall funding included complaining that the Dems refuse to negotiate.

As usual, you have Pelosi and Schumer who refuse any wall funding complaining that the Republicans refuse to negotiate.

They are both right to complain, because they are both right. Neither side is willing to negotiate. One could argue that the Dems are trying to pass bills to open the government(they would be right, because the Dems are), but it is just for show because the Dems know the non-negotiating Republicans won't pass them.

To truly be a party willing to "negotiate in good faith", as they love to say, one of the parties should put the other to the test with a $2.4 Billion offer for wall funding. The party recieving that offer would truly be the party that is refusing to "negotiate in good faith", and in my mind would get full blame for the shutdown.

• $2.4 billion is a fair compromise for either side because it is less than half of the requested amount. Putting another 500 miles of barrier up should prove in a year whether or not this data was mostly market/housing market crash related or the 700 miles of fence bill in 2006 related. Since they happened at pretty much the same time, it is impossible to confirm one or the other or both being responsible for the the noticeable decline.

• This is rumps only chance - if settles for anything other than the full amount he will never get another chance he cant give up what well may be the only leverage he will ever have

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• :thumbsup: Best typo I've seen in awhile! ^^

normally I like to go back and edit posts to fix any typos I see, but in this case I think I will leave it be - - - After all I think even his base considers him to be a bit of an ass :thumbsup:

• Everybody can slam Trump all they want to - hell I think he can be a terrible ass myself from time to time and barring something monumental he will be the Rep candidate in 2020. But what ya gonna do - jump ship and support Biden, Schumer, Pelosi, and Cortez - I’d rather be castrated with a dull butter knife ||||

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Everybody can slam Trump all they want to - hell I think he can be a terrible ass myself from time to time and barring something monumental he will be the Rep candidate in 2020. But what ya gonna do - jump ship and support Biden, Schumer, Pelosi, and Cortez - I’d rather be castrated with a dull butter knife ||||

As you know I didnt vote for Trump in 2016, but I will probably support him in 2020. I doubt there will even be a Libertarian candidate and unless the Right or left comes up with someone that has views closer to mine Trump seems like the only real option.

Everybody can slam Trump all they want to - hell I think he can be a terrible ass myself from time to time and barring something monumental he will be the Rep candidate in 2020. But what ya gonna do - jump ship and support Biden, Schumer, Pelosi, and Cortez - I’d rather be castrated with a dull butter knife ||||

My lawyer is a voting FL rep to the DNC and a self described "complete arrogant ass" which I, and his staff will attest to ..... however he is the the best at what he does I have ever met (have not me you yet of course) and I am confident he has my best interest in mind with everything he does ..... while we may not agree on some things we still respect each other and have a great working relationship ..... it's probably a pipe dream for DC to ever work this way again .....

This is where I will never understand those that cannot, or are not willing to see past a personality they may not like so never even try to listen .... I can agree with or learn from what someone is saying but not always like them or the way they say it, a skill many apparently never mastered .....

.... politician-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

The one thing that would kill any chance of Trump getting my vote in 2020 will be if he caves on this wall. My liberal ass state may not support it, but we do need it - especially down here at the southern end of the State where there are still some somewhat normal people

If Trump blows this - I will find someone else to vote for

• EHH....you know freakin lawyers

:00008172::00008172: But I get your point and could not agree with you more. Lot of folks did not like George Patton’s political skills (just like Trump - not a politician) however, his tenacity for gettin the job done was unsurpassed. As long as Trump is trying to fulfill campaign promises which got him elected...I don’t care how he gets it done. He already has kept his campaign promises better than any President in modern history IMO.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it