Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Good to get a little 'tail' once in a while.

with all this talk about dogs...

I thought I should throw this one in, about the wall. After all "top dog" said the Mexicans are going to pay for the wall, in electrical campaign and he told us that he keeps his word.

He said he would.

Time he just got started then.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• If the new Dem house doesn’t block it - Trumps new trade agreement with Mexico will more than pay for the wall - just depends on who has the better spin

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• If the new Dem house doesn’t block it - Trumps new trade agreement with Mexico will more than pay for the wall - just depends on who has the better spin

So it's dead simple.

He can build it & the Mexicans pay. The Democrats have no need (or grounds) to object. Everyone wins.

• That would require common sense - terribly lacking with our country’s politicians these days :(

It actually requires agreement, which is where the problem lies. If the trade deal nets the U.S. more money over previous deals. That is where hard math gets twisted by politics. You gain in sectors (A,D,K) but lose in sectors (F,G,Z) the spin machines fire up and confuse the crap out of the math.

IF there is a Net increase, you still need agreement as to where that money goes. And the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round.

• It actually requires agreement, which is where the problem lies. If the trade deal nets the U.S. more money over previous deals. That is where hard math gets twisted by politics. You gain in sectors (A,D,K) but lose in sectors (F,G,Z) the spin machines fire up and confuse the crap out of the math.

IF there is a Net increase, you still need agreement as to where that money goes. And the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• But Mr Trump did say that Mexico will pay for the wall, in his electrical promises, so Mexico will pay for it.

After all he's a president and could, certainly, never lie. No need for the Democratic party to say yes.

• I think the wall is a waste of money and will be generally ineffective FunCycle . However, if your stats are f

But Mr Trump did say that Mexico will pay for the wall, in his electrical promises, so Mexico will pay for it.

After all he's a president and could, certainly, never lie. No need for the Democratic party to say yes.

They will pay directly or indirectly, that is he part that people do not understand but they still pay

• They will pay directly or indirectly, that is he part that people do not understand but they still pay

Exactly - Trump only said Mexico would pay, he didn't specify how they would pay - I think most reasonable people never expected Mexico to cut a check directly for the wall, It always seemed more reasonable that the payment would come more indirectly through money saved by the "better deals" that Mr Trump also said he would negotiate

The Idea that Trump said Mexico would pay directly was only something the media tried to sell so that they could then try to spin things the way they wanted and only the nuts still try to push this

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Exactly - Trump only said Mexico would pay, he didn't specify how they would pay - I think most reasonable people never expected Mexico to cut a check directly for the wall, It always seemed more reasonable that the payment would come more indirectly through money saved by the "better deals" that Mr Trump also said he would negotiate

The Idea that Trump said Mexico would pay directly was only something the media tried to sell so that they could then try to spin things the way they wanted and only the nuts still try to push this

Can anyone prove what you just said or is this all just more political BS people say to make themselves feel good? Show me the money trail. Show me some sort of contract between the U.S. and Mexico. Bet you can't.

• Can anyone prove what you just said or is this all just more political BS people say to make themselves feel good? Show me the money trail. Show me some sort of contract between the U.S. and Mexico. Bet you can't.

why does there need to be a contract? why do we even need to make Mexico feel like they are paying?

Why not just re make the trade deals so we get the money and keep things friendly so they can save face

if the U.S. gets money from Mexico that we were not getting before Trump because of a trade deal Trump makes and the money is put in the government pot and then Trump gets the congress to give him the money for the wall out of that same pot - - it is fair to say that Mexico paid for the wall

Its also a smart way to do this kind of business because it lets both sides say they won

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• All you just said is crooked/lame brain politics makes the best politics...

• Exactly - Trump only said Mexico would pay, he didn't specify how they would pay - I think most reasonable people never expected Mexico to cut a check directly for the wall, It always seemed more reasonable that the payment would come more indirectly through money saved by the "better deals" that Mr Trump also said he would negotiate

FunCycle people understand the concept of Mexico paying directly or indirectly for the wall. It's a simple concept. The question that is unanswered and frankly too complicated to get a clear answer is, was Trumps "great" deal a money maker? "Fox News said..." is not an answer with any validity.

Edward Neal Trump did say Mexico would pay directly, that he would talk to the Mexican President. Remember, The Mexican President told Trump "Mexico isn't paying for the Fucking wall"?

Then Trump said, "We'll pay for it and Mexico will pay us back".

Then Trump said, "We'll close the border and squeeze Mexico to pay for the wall".

Then Trump said, "We'll get the money from Mexico with sanctions"

Then Trump said, "We'll get them to pay for it through a new trade deal".

Moving the line as it were. Much like "The Great Beautiful, Best Wall in the World" turned into

"a concrete standard wall",

to a "wall but not across the whole border",

to "wall in some parts fence in other places and some places there won't be anything"

to "metal slats in some parts, repairing some existing fence and adding some fencing and some places won't get anything"

Yeah, Trump has been so clear. This is what you expect from a moron that doesn't know a damn thing about how things work, yet thinks he is, "smarter than everybody", "knows more than anybody" and is unwilling to take advice from experts or simply pause and think about a situation before spewing a bunch of lies.

• Sorry brother, you can't show that an article proves it's headline is biased and call it "Fake News". It was obviously accurate reporting with a biased headline. It's sad they went that route, but it doesn't make it Fake News. The headline was even truthful, though misleading.