Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Do the rest of you guys think James Comey is a lying, self serving, partisan asshole like I do? How the F did he get to the top FBI slot??

I've got an old e-mail somewhere,... I'll look for it after, with him inviting the VT Sheriffs to Albany NY at their office for a meeting. REALLY??? If he wants to meet with the sheriff of this state, how about if you come to this state. By the way, none of us went.

• In more recent years.... more like "by kissing the Left's ass"..... fixed it for you!

yes - - thank you

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Do the rest of you guys think James Comey is a lying, self serving, partisan asshole like I do? How the F did he get to the top FBI slot??

We've been over the, "I don't recall", thing that is used way too often by both sides. I assume the person's answer hurts them.

Partisan? I don't think so. Disliking and distrusting Trump crosses party lines. Also, with each announcement on Hillary's case during the election, up to and including a week prior to the election, her poll numbers dropped significantly. If he is partisan, one could argue he's a Republican.

No longer in the FBI, he has nobody to serve but himself. While in, outside of breaking the tradition of influencing an election with an investigation, I think he perform his duty as a servant of justice well. Though I haven't heard any of the recent questioning.

• Are you guys mad about Trumps charity troubles?

If so: Are you mad because of, "what about Hillary's Charity"

Or: Are you mad because he didn't get busted sooner.

Or: Are you mad because it is one more case of "fake news" being real and you've been trained to hate "fake news".

To be clear, if Hillary's Charity is just as bad, or worse, bring her down too. I want criminals punished, no matter who they are. I don't make excuses for them, like, "They need to let him go, that has nothing to do with collusion" or "He broke a campaign finance law, if we enforced almost everybody here would be in violation". That last one killed me the other day. Our lawmakers saying how enforcing certain laws would cause many lawmakers to be in trouble. To them I say, "You shouldn't have broken the law, bye, bye now, yeah now, right now, bye, bye". Sadly, nothing will happen to Trump or his children over this.

Here is a pic of the most, WTF, part of the story I read, there is a lot more. He used his foundation to pay $7 to enroll his son in the Boy Scouts. Really, you're a "billionaire" and have to cheat the system to pay for Boy Scouts.

The other is, the foundations listed treasurer was unaware he was even associated with the foundation. Poor guy is set up as a possible scapegoat and never even knew it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w…2-82e98f91ee6f_story.html

• Ok let’s examine Comey’s announcement right before the 2016 election not to prosecute Hillary. What he basically said was America 1 we found her standing over the body with the knife in her hand. The victims blood was all over her and her blood was on the victim with a DNA match. She signed a sworn affidavit she had cut her hand previously. I do not believe she had malicious intent so charges will not be brought. So WOLF - you are gonna tell me you will defend this piece of shit for anything that came after??? I’m disappointed if you are:(

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• We've been over the, "I don't recall", thing that is used way too often by both sides. I assume the person's answer hurts them.

I know i probably posted this before, but it still applies to the DC mentality.

From the old television show called Get Smart. A Judge asking agent 86 the following questions

Q. So where is the secret headquarters of Kaos located?

A. I don't know

Q. So agent Smart, how many secret agents does Control have?

A. I don't know

Q. How many secret agents does Kaos have?

A. I don't know

Q. What would you do if you were FIRED?

A. They can't fire me!

Q. What makes you say that

A. I know too much

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• in the end it is all FUBAR and so long as we have a government run by professional politicians it will remain FUBAR.

if you really think about it both sides benefit by keeping us apart. God knows if all of the people ever got together and really talked about it the professional politicians would be toast

I hate to say it, but I really think the only way the mess we have for a government is ever going to start actually being for the people again will require it to be torn down and started over again.

to quote one of my favorite movies:

"A little revolution now and then is a healthy thing, don't you think?"

• Let’s see.....

Left Wing

Right Wing

LGBTQ

ANTIFA

Proud Boys

Mexicans

African American

Muslims

Me Too Movement

Republicans

Democrats

Libertarians

Pro Gun

Anti Gun

Religious right

Atheists

Pro abortion

Anti abortion

I’m sure I’m overlooking several - if we did tear the government down who the hell could even remotely lead these people to peace - Moses is dead. The people need to move to the middle also - not forcing politicians to be so dug in for fear of being not re elected. Too many questions - not enough answers

• So are you giving up? Corrupt government is the best we can do?

• The ones you left out are the ones that are needed "common sense" & "compromise"

these two have been fading form the conversation so much so that now it seems they are M.I.A.

these days everyone wants 100% and if they cant have it they freak out.

heck most of the people in government seem to be more concerned with blocking the other side than they are in actually getting something done

hell my 5 and 6 year old granddaughters understand compromise better than the politicians do

• On the other hand, we still live in the freest, most prosperous, most generous, country on Gods green earth. And we have the ability ( bought with blood sweat and tears ) to have civil discourse without persecution. We always pay attention to the stone in our shoe but this is an amazing country filled with amazing people . As long as we are FREE, I believe it will continue to be so. Look around, we are all truly blessed To be here!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• On the other hand, we still live in the freest, most prosperous, most generous, country on Gods green earth. And we have the ability ( bought with blood sweat and tears ) to have civil discourse without persecution. We always pay attention to the stone in our shoe but this is an amazing country filled with amazing people . As long as we are FREE, I believe it will continue to be so. Look around, we are all truly blessed To be here!

Amen to that my friend, amen to that :thumbsup:

• So are you giving up? Corrupt government is the best we can do?

Sadly - it would appear so - SoCal is 100% correct - the good ole USA is the best place in the world to live for freedom - BUT - how long can we retain that title given our current course?? As Edward Neal said I left out common sense and compromise because it hasn’t seen the city limits of Washington DC for a loooooong time!!

• Bill- from where I sit freedom is the key. Without it everything else falls apart. Ben Franklin said it best ....

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Ok let’s examine Comey’s announcement right before the 2016 election not to prosecute Hillary. What he basically said was America 1 we found her standing over the body with the knife in her hand. The victims blood was all over her and her blood was on the victim with a DNA match. She signed a sworn affidavit she had cut her hand previously. I do not believe she had malicious intent so charges will not be brought. So WOLF - you are gonna tell me you will defend this piece of shit for anything that came after??? I’m disappointed if you are:(

I missed the whole murder investigation thing.:/:P If it went down how you say, she should be in prison.

Current topic:

With Super Pacs, corporations being "people", Gerrymandering, voter suppression, super delegates, and campaign finance laws being broken being "ok". I'm not sure how much longer our votes will even matter at all.