Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I always thought it would be super interesting to see Hannity and Maddow in a televised debate. I think it would rival a WWE smack down :00008356::00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Gotta tell ya - 2018 sucked donkey balls for me but am learning to walk again and 2019 is looking pretty good. Hope to be back on the road again soon seeing everybody!! I sure miss all the guys

• Well of course but this thread is titled politics sucks for a reason. Somebody's gotta play the bad guy, why not me...

Hey Bro - there are just as many bad guy anti gun folks out there - they are just not labeled like the NRA. For example - New York is trying to pass legislation whereby they can check your social media and some bureaucrat can decide if you are “permitted” for a firearm. That on the face seems intrusive but not too far out. The scary part is they just came out and said “the 2nd Amendment gives you the right to possess a firearm but NOT the right to a license to own one”. I dunno but when I was going to school the 2nd Amendment’s “shall not be infringed” was pretty damn plain and simple. IMHO these people are anti constitution and just as evil as the people that think the NRA members are terrorists. Just like everything - it is all relative to individual perspective.

• Hey Bro - there are just as many bad guy anti gun folks out there - they are just not labeled like the NRA. For example - New York is trying to pass legislation whereby they can check your social media and some bureaucrat can decide if you are “permitted” for a firearm. That on the face seems intrusive but not too far out. The scary part is they just came out and said “the 2nd Amendment gives you the right to possess a firearm but NOT the right to a license to own one”. I dunno but when I was going to school the 2nd Amendment’s “shall not be infringed” was pretty damn plain and simple. IMHO these people are anti constitution and just as evil as the people that think the NRA members are terrorists. Just like everything - it is all relative to individual perspective.

Who is they and when did they say this?

• Thanks Red, makes me glad I don't do social media. For all those who do do SM... shut your yapper or get the hell off of SM.

I would be willing to bet that forums such as this one are considered "social media" by the people that want to keep tabs on gun owners. pretty sure they want to check all online activity

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Who is they and when did they say this?

There is a buttload of articles on the proposed legislation to have the State Police check social media prior to issuing a gun permit. They already say that would back up the already backlogged gun permit process. I cannot find the specific article that made the quote.

• There is a buttload of articles on the proposed legislation to have the State Police check social media prior to issuing a gun permit. They already say that would back up the already backlogged gun permit process. I cannot find the specific article that made the quote.

Red covered you on that one.

• I would be willing to bet that forums such as this one are considered "social media" by the people that want to keep tabs on gun owners. pretty sure they want to check all online activity

That may be but I've had my license for many years now and I doubt they need to check on people who are renewing a license. I wouldn't have any problem leaving this forum if need be. If I buy a gun down here all I have to do is show my license and no background check is needed.

• That may be but I've had my license for many years now and I doubt they need to check on people who are renewing a license. I wouldn't have any problem leaving this forum if need be. If I buy a gun down here all I have to do is show my license and no background check is needed.

pretty soon we here in California are going to have to have a background check to buy ammo

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies