Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• What is amazing is how different these two stories are and you can't see it.

So the Fed Ex driver made the decision to pull over and confront the guy who yelled at him, then defended himself, resulting in the death of the "aggressor" .... he made the choice to escalate the situation and it is deemed lawful under their "No duty to retreat" law ....

I agree with this even though the driver could have easily just kept driving .....

In the FL case the guy was broadsided and thrown to the ground then defended himself, also lawful self defense under the FL "Stand your ground" law as originally stated by the Sheriff.

I agree with this also .....

My question was why are these seen as so different with the "no duty to retreat" law being heralded and the "Stand your ground" law being vilified ...... distilled to the very basics both where defending themselves, both resulted in the death of the "aggressor".

..... confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• If this email stuff is wrong for one party, then it's wrong for all parties.

It has been put over, in our European press as a comedy and the question has been asked. "Will he sack his own daughter?"

we have to be sure we are talking about the same things. Hillary didnt just use a personal e-mail account. Hillary set up her own personal server in her own home and used it to host her own personal e-mail. and she was also Secretary of State at the time dealing with a great deal of classified information. I dont know the exact circumstances of Ivanka's use of e-mail, but I am pretty sure she didnt set of a personal server with classified information on it. and if this was at the beginning of Trumps administration I dont think she was even a government employee yet - I dont believe she took her unpaid position until a bit later,

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have a friend that lives up the road from me. He is 75 years old and has lived in the same house for 50 years. There is a driveway that leads from his house to the main road. You have to turn either left or right with traffic often stopped due to the drawbridge being open. He was coming out going to the store one day and two young guys (happened to be black) were blocking his driveway. He motioned politely as he always does for them to back up so he could continue to the store. There is a sign on road stating do not block drive so they were already breaking the law. One of the guys in the car began to shout and curse at my friend. Then the passenger got out and advanced menacingly toward my friends truck. My friend carries a .38 special with him everywhere he goes. He got his pistol in his hand and stepped out of the truck. When he got within 10 feet he drew his pistol. The guy immediately retreated back to his vehicle and call the law. My friend called me and I went to intervene on his behalf. After my friend explain what happened I told him that under Louisiana law he had in fact broken the law of which he had no idea. What he should have done was to remain in the vehicle and if the aggressor had reached into the vehicle to assault him he had every right to shoot him dead and all that would’ve happened what have been the corner come pick them up. Fortunately for my friend he lived here all his life and has never even get a parking ticket we were able to convince the sheriff that he was in fear for his life and did not know that he had to stay in the truck. That doesn’t make sense you say - what’s the difference between standing outside the truck behind the door and being inside the vehicle??? In Louisiana you vehicle is an extension of your domicile thus granting same rights. This is just another example of the differences and gun laws from state to state. I know a lot of us do a lot of traveling and carry our guns with us. It is very important that you know the gun laws in the state that you are visiting. Don’t think just because somebody is coming at you and you wind up hurting or killing somebody then get yourself into a 9 line legal bind. Always remember the anti gun folks are always lurking around a corner to attack...and ya can’t shoot em even if ya want to.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• If you come to California or even if you live here and have a CC permit I recommend you avoid shooting anyone. With our liberal anti gun government even if you have witnesses that it was self defense it will still be a pain in the ass and will probably cost you a small fortune defending yourself in court.

no stand your ground laws here, only a Castle Doctrine that allows you to protect yourself in your own home - - - and even then you probably will end up in court

seriously, in California you will probably do better if you let the bad guy beat your ass and then take him/her to court - - assuming you survive

• f you come to California or even if you live here and have a CC permit I recommend you avoid shooting anyone. With our liberal anti gun government even if you have witnesses that it was self defense it will still be a pain in the ass and will probably cost you a small fortune defending yourself in court.

no stand your ground laws here, only a Castle Doctrine that allows you to protect yourself in your own home - - - and even then you probably will end up in court

And "self defense" is getting iffier here by the day. Heck, by next year, LEO's will be even more limited as to when they can even draw their weapon...... I believe it is Assembly Bill 931.........

• I gotta stick by the old “rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6” doctrine - sad state of affairs if you are attacked with a deadly weapon you could wind up in jail or bankrupt for saving you or a loved ones life.

• The difference as I see it is this: The Fed Ex guy should have kept driving. However it is his right to stop and verbally assault somebody who is verbally assaulting him. It sounds like every step of the way the Fed Ex guy was just defending himself. Guy swung and missed, Fed Ex guy swung and landed his hit well. Unfortunately, the aggressor was in poor health and died from the hit.

In the other situation the aggressor should have been charged with assault for pushing the man to the ground. And probably would have been. The man that got pushed down, lawfully drew his weapon. Unfortunately for him, he was being video taped, otherwise his "self defense" claim would stand. It was clear from the video that the aggressor was retreating once he seen the gun. The guy on the ground was under no threat once he presented his gun. He shouldn't have fired. He should have gotten up and called the police.

• Am I the only one who finds it interesting that George H.W. Bush was only a one term president yet despite failing to win a second term he seems to be universally liked?

• I lot of people have good things to say when a President dies

what you say is true, but I George H.W. Bush has been highly talked about for years - I can't even remember the last time I heard anything negative about him. I am sure if I googled it I could find something, but the mere fact that I have to search says a great deal

On the other hand he is the last president we had when there was still some civility between the parties - the real hate and division was started when the Republicans decided to impeach Clinton - the left never got over that and the parties have been going at it ever since

• Dole and Bush came from a completely different era of politics and love of country. Politicians on both sides of the aisle could learn a helluva lot from these guys attitude: They prove folks can have different ideologies and still be respectful.

• Rachel Maddow: "If you want to know what's in here you'll have to wait for the judge to unseal it". That is a heavily redacted report.

Sean Hannity: (no picture of the report, that I seen) "I read the whole thing, there is no mention of collusion. They ruined Flynn's life for this, and there is nothing there". I must note he isn't lying, but it is not the most honest portrayal of the facts.

All news agencies "wash" the news, it seems somebody's news feed is stuck on the spin cycle.