Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• LOL - there has already been a Pelosi - Ocasio-Cortez issue over climate change. I’m sure this freshman Congresswoman will be a thorn in the Dem’s side for quite a while.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I find it interesting that the Republicans have chosen California Congressman Kevin McCarthy to be their new Minority leader. I will be honest in that I do not know much about the man, but being from my state of California I do wonder how conservative he really is. Not all, but most of out "republicans" tend to be RINO's

Edit: Just spoke to me brother who was heavily involved in the California Republican Party before moving to Oregon a year or so ago and he tells me Kevin is a total RINO - - - it will be interesting to see how he works with Trump

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Without a close review of Florida statutes on this matter it would be hard to give a truly accurate answer to that question but with just a cursory look it would certainly appear so - but ask a Dem and I’m sure they would have a different opinion. I will add I believe the application of the law should trump any votes after the first designated deadline otherwise what’s the point in setting a deadline??

• Without a close review of Florida statutes on this matter it would be hard to give a truly accurate answer to that question but with just a cursory look it would certainly appear so - but ask a Dem and I’m sure they would have a different opinion. I will add I believe the application of the law should trump any votes after the first designated deadline otherwise what’s the point in setting a deadline??

Lots of funny business from them having a list of contested Dem ballots, to changing the deadline on the form to coincide with the Judges extension ruling date (the Judge who donated to Nelsons campaign in his wife's name) and sending it out even before the Judge made his ruling .....

While the damage was already done when discovered at least this is happening:

"The Department of State, which oversees elections, raised concerns about the altered forms, arguing that making changes to state forms is a criminal offense in Florida. The forms were forwarded on Nov, 9 to federal prosecutors."

Tuesday can't get here quick enough ......

....... bored-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• "I find fault in those that say, "it was Trump or Hillary and I would never vote for Hillary", if they voted for Trump in the Primaries."

I didn't vote for Trump in the primary but did in the election. We have open primaries here so you take a ballot from any party you want. I took a dem ballot so I could vote against Hillary twice.

Edited once, last by Red ().

• "I find fault in those that say, "it was Trump or Hillary and I would never vote for Hillary", if they voted for Trump in the Primaries."

I didn't vote for Trump in the primary but did in the election. We have open primaries here so you take a ballot from any party you want. I took a dem ballot do I could vote against Hillary twice.

If you weren’t a guy.....

:00008356::00008356:

• I have a question maybe somebody knows something about. As much of a pain in the ass the grandstanding Jim Acosta is I do not believe the White House should have suspended his press pass as it does IMO violate the 1st Amendment. That being said is there any reason that White House officials (Sanders & Trump) have to call on him to ask a question? Seems to me it’s pretty simple - if Acosta wants to always be a antagonistic prick - just don’t ever recognize him for a question - problem solved.

• I have a question maybe somebody knows something about. As much of a pain in the ass the grandstanding Jim Acosta is I do not believe the White House should have suspended his press pass as it does IMO violate the 1st Amendment. That being said is there any reason that White House officials (Sanders & Trump) have to call on him to ask a question? Seems to me it’s pretty simple - if Acosta wants to always be a antagonistic prick - just don’t ever recognize him for a question - problem solved.

Talk radio today --- same idea …. and if he talks up out of turn just close the news conference … a couple of those happenings and the other reporters will shut him down.

• it does IMO violate the 1st Amendment

For maybe the first time I find myself disagreeing with you counselor .... tongue-squared

5th maybe ... there is an argument for it but 1st .... nah ... no one impeded his right to say/report whatever he wished in whatever form he chose ...... access to the White House is a privilege not a right and can be revoked which was agreed to in court however the Judge ruled he should have his credentials re-issued while the case proceeds because there was no clear process or standard to do so. Just like there are standards of decorum in court there should be the same in the White House. Sadly this has until recently been an unwritten and mostly understood rule governed by members of the press core taking pride in and showing responsibility for their profession. Going forward there will be written standards so we won't find ourselves here again no matter who is the Commander in Chief ..... You don't have to like or agree with the person in office and your job is to challenge them when needed however the office deserves a respectful disposition. I will be better for the country if all involved find the way back to this point.

..... politician-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• You make an excellent point - I base my opinion on “abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press”. It could be argued that any President could pick and choose only press that is amenable to their agenda -access to themselves. Seems as though some hard and fast rules need to be implemented to restore decorum and respect for the office of the President. Hard questions are one thing - disrespect is a totally different animal.

• I ran across this article and found it quite interesting:

https://apple.news/AR587WjsOSyiohfCWrd4cZg

All you hear from liberals is that we Southerners are racist, bigoted, uneducated buffoons. It appears that the top 15 worst places for African Americans to live are all in the NORTH and 1 in California!! I thought in most of these places liberal politicians stump for “helping the black community”. Just another example of partisan politics and the hypocrisy involved.

• Take a look at our Navy

THIS is Sitting Off the KOREAN COAST !!!

Makes one feel safe! Sleep well America!

And we wonder why North Korea is willing to sit down and talk to President Trump???

These photographs depict a rare occasion when three aircraft carrier groups are in the same hemisphere long enough for a photo op.

And then a surprise!

Don't miss the last few photos!

http://jwvsw.org/carriers.pdf

• WINNER!