Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Yet again. As an outsider...

Have you ALL stopped to consider this.

Again, no political biases, either way, but. Look at yourselves, before you start throwing stones around. Most of the nation's present population, only exists now, because of immigration.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• Yet again. As an outsider...

Have you ALL stopped to consider this.

We rejected England's view of how we should be governed in 1776 .... wink-squared

That was a joke BTW .....

From me personally if you knew me or have seen any posts of mine on the subject you would feel quite silly however history being what it is we must deal with our current condition. How we do that is in part by looking at our past, what the framers and those since have done in an attempt to correct our misgiving, and also to what others have done, like the EU, and how that is working out.

.. angel-squared

EDIT: And for a little historical perspective the reason I am versed in the debate over the 14th amendment is because the text I quoted was originally meant to exclude American Indians from US citizenship. Which was done for quite some time even though they and their children where born on US soil. They where excluded because at that time they pledged allegiance to their Tribes and Tribal Governments rather than the US government. So it was written this way to deny them citizenship while ensuring slaves and the children of slaves guaranteed status over and above some states objection. So a lot has changed that makes your simple call for consideration not so simple or clear cut. Given England's history of aggressive colonization I would think this is a stone best left on the ground.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited 2 times, last by Orangeman ().

• I have no problem with immigration - heck my wife immigrated from the Philippines, got a green card and worked her butt off to become a citizen
    I dont think anyone here or even in the government is against immigration - - we just want people to do it legally - is it really asking too much to not want people cutting in the line and slowing things down for the people like my wife who are following the rules?

as a side note all of the U.S. population exists because of immigration - remember even the Indians immigrated here from some place else

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I think the next 2 years are going to be very interesting. I suspect that in this election in few days that the Democrats will retake control of the House and the Republicans will retain and possibly increase their hold on the Senate. If this happens I suspect the next 2 years will be spent with the House doing nothing other than blocking Trump every chance they get and perhaps even trying to impeach him. Of course even if they do manage to impeach Trump he will stay in power just as Clinton did because the Senate will not vote to have him removed. Also during this 2 years there is a very good chance that Trump will get to name a third Supreme Court Justice who will drive the left even crazier than this last one did, but, who in the end, with the Republicans in control of the Senate will be confirmed.

at the end of these two years the political fallout of having just ended two year of total obstruction by the left and the craziness that will ensue over the Supreme Court pick that Trump will be elected in a landslide over the Democratic candidate who will no doubt be from the far extreme left of the party because the left doesnt really understand the this is not what normal Americans want

Oh, and just to be clear, this is not what I want to happen it is just a prediction of what I think will happen

If I could get what I want to happen the Republicans would retain control of both houses of congress and Barbra Streisand would keep her word and move to Canada - do it Barbara! Please!

• I suppose the America is a nation of immigrants but when it comes to the American Indian we were a conquering nation who sadly they were a victim. BUT - what did the British, French, Romans, the Germans and many others do - invade other countries to impose their rule? Right or wrong it has happened since the beginning of time - history cannot be rewritten to correct it. Same applies to slavery - horrible as it was to continue to bring it up is completely ludicrous. There is and always will be racism in the world but the US has had an African American President for God sake!! INDIANS - could have been handled much better / SLAVERY - never should have happened - both are history - we should leave that discussion for classrooms so it is never forgotten - and move on.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• if the Dems take the House:

• This will be a Supreme Court case - which sadly will continue to divide us even further no matter the ruling - but then what doesn’t these days ;(

Roger Stone .... meets all criteria as well as Judge Katsas recusing himself, they have history ... other recent reporting also points this direction ....

The Special council already agreed to and submitted written questions to the White House ...

..... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I suppose the America is a nation of immigrants but when it comes to the American Indian we were a conquering nation who sadly they were a victim. BUT - what did the British, French, Romans, the Germans and many others do - invade other countries to impose their rule? Right or wrong it has happened since the beginning of time - history cannot be rewritten to correct it. Same applies to slavery - horrible as it was to continue to bring it up is completely ludicrous. There is and always will be racism in the world but the US has had an African American President for God sake!! INDIANS - could have been handled much better / SLAVERY - never should have happened - both are history - we should leave that discussion for classrooms so it is never forgotten - and move on.

Only too right @Bill Martin
    I thought that may stir up a few comments. After all, we English, Spanish, Scottish, French and Germans all started coming to America, North & South. Then we stole some Africans and took them along too. Now you have your country, because of it.

Looking at my own ancestry, it would appear that one side of my family came to England, from France as the person in question was a French pirate (and the British were, more than, happy to accept him, to pirate, lovely French, ships).

The other side of my family were evicted from their country (Scotland), during "The Clearances." Highland Clearances - Wikipedia
    A little like the emigration, from Ireland, during "The Potato Famine."

OK. So, we didn't all have blue faces.

People will always keep moving over borders, it's up to all our governments to handle it properly. Many of the |Scottish emigrants, went to Canada and many others became cowboys, in the US (Texas area). my wife is an immigrant, from Australia (possibly mercenaries in the England/Scotland borders).

So I've got both criminal and economic migrant history. Perhaps, I don't belong where I am, but it is my home and I'm very British (as you all know). Movement like this will always happen. It doesn't mean that it's right. What's happening right now, in Mexico is tiny, compared to the total movement in the rest of the world and what has already happened, in the US. The only way you have any chance of regulating it is to control your own borders better. Even then stuff like this will always happen.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• Well put Sir - and only to add - I find in very ironic that more people have been slaughtered in the name of religion than any other conflict - what a world we live in right :00008172:

• If you have any doubt that the media is controlled by the Democrat Party please check this out

lets all read the same script we just got from the Democrat Party - they know what we should say

• If you have any doubt that the media is controlled by the Democrat Party please check this out

lets all read the same script we just got from the Democrat Party - they know what we should say

Oops, wrong party.(R) Sinclair Broadcast Group owns all those stations. Question is, are you still mad about it, since it's Republicans doing it?

Edited once, last by WOLF ().

• Oops, wrong party.(R) Sinclair Broadcast Group owns all those stations. Question is, are you still mad about it, since it's the Republicans doing it?

You should know by now that I dont think there is much if any difference between Democrats and Republicans - so which party was behind this coordinated effort is of no matter - the end result is still the same - news networks being used by politicians to control the message that the people get