Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Here is the definition of stupidity... When all the protesting (looting) was going on in Denver the Mayor ordered a curfew.. Told the police to enforce the curfew. The then peaceful looters were fired upon with tear gas and rubber bullets... because they were breaking the curfew and peacefully looting (according to the media). Now a Denver district judge orders a restraining order against the police from using tear gas and rubber bullets against peaceful protesters. If you watch any video (even non media) the only time tear gas and rubber bullets were used was during the looting... never at a peaceful protest... WTF..

this is the deep states plan...the democrats have been ordered to allow the destruction to go on...it’s all to make the people get mad and blame Trump. It’s all because of the election. they want to win at all costs....you life’s don’t matter to them only your vote.

• here is something I don’t understand....they want to be equal. They should be.. But they Don’t want Us All to be Americans. They keep wanting to be black Americans or African Americans. Or Asian American or Latino American....They keep segregating themselves.....ask yourself why....I’m a privileged white American.....no I’m just an American.....why can’t you be just an American?

• June 6, 1944 -D-Day Americans storm a beach under heavy German gunfire to protect America.

June 6, 2020 - Americans storm US cities in hopes of destroying everything their fathers and grandfathers fought for.

92A79F44-569F-4908-B4D2-B1B5C70B33C8.jpeg
    Sad how far we have come!!

Watching the local news this morning. Not a peep about D-Day & the great sacrifices the people of this country made along with the tremendous loss of life from thousands of brave US Forces. To be fair there were short moments making breakfast so they may have snuck it in? Would it kill the media to display any positivity about America! Sad!

• I actually have a solution and not sure why no-one else has brought it up.

First off; lead by example. All these cities that want to do away with the police. Let your capitol police go. Let your personal protection police go. Keep the regular police but let yours go first to show us all how brilliant you are. Let us all see how wonderful your utopia is then we will, I am sure, follow (not!). But you first….

Second; all these anarchist - communists waving the hammer and sickle. GUYS! ( or comrads ) You can live your dream TODAY! There are ( unfortunately ) many places that ALREADY have what you want going on. You can leave today and experience your dream tomorrow! Why wait? (The whole protest thing may be problematic in your new country though seeing that is largely frowned upon in these places so leave your masks and back packs here.)

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Looks like FL will thankfully not have an "assault weapon" ban on the November ballot ..

FL SC ruled 4-1 that the proposal was overly broad, it would have made selling or giving away a grandfathered weapon illegal and effectively made any grandfathered weapons illegal in the state within a generation since it gave the owner a pass, not the weapon. These side effects where not outlined in the proposal but where clearly a purpose of the amendment. They also secured less than 25% of the petition signatures needed.

Safe for two more years ... and since FL gun sales increased by over 500% in the last two months and more permits application where sent in April and May than in the whole of 2019 I would say probably longer.

.... ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Here is the definition of stupidity... When all the protesting (looting) was going on in Denver the Mayor ordered a curfew.. Told the police to enforce the curfew. The then peaceful looters were fired upon with tear gas and rubber bullets... because they were breaking the curfew and peacefully looting (according to the media). Now a Denver district judge orders a restraining order against the police from using tear gas and rubber bullets against peaceful protesters. If you watch any video (even non media) the only time tear gas and rubber bullets were used was during the looting... never at a peaceful protest... WTF..

I wonder what the mayor would of had to say if it were at his/her house?

• I must admit that in the last couple of weeks I have been very proud of this little valley that I live in. Almost nightly there has been a protest/rally held in one or more of our cities and at each and every one these events it has been done with respect for everyone involved - the police have knelt with the protesters, protesters have hugged police no rocks or bricks have been thrown, no rubber bullets have been fired and in the end everyone has actually had the chance to try to bring people closer together.

We only had one thing at the very beginning when the stores along one street were boarded up - - and that was done in response to rumors received by police and business owners that outside agitators were going to be bussed into the valley to cause problems - - - fortunately I guess they changed their minds and stayed away

Seems that this little valley I live in knows how to get along and how to address big issues like this without any need to destroy peoples property

Coachella Valley California - - I love this place. <3

They say that heat kills viruses and germs - - perhaps it helps keeps a$$ holes away too 8)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• WHY the hell does the media never report things like this - starting to think that it was better the sum of news a day was Walter Cronkite or Huntley & Brinkley. This 24 hour news cycle is doing more harm than good!! After all - we got thru the Cuban Missile Crisis without it plastered all over there news 24/7...

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• WHY the hell does the media never report things like this - starting to think that it was better the sum of news a day was Walter Cronkite or Huntley & Brinkley. This 24 hour news cycle is doing more harm than good!! After all - we got thru the Cuban Missile Crisis without it plastered all over there news 24/7...

Come on man .. um.. counselor ... you know fully right well why ....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• NOTHING - DeBlasio continues to prove he is the biggest idiot on the planet on a daily basis - even liberal New Yorkers are tired of his crap.

At some point, even with good intensions (and that varies). The cost associated with any protest including overtime pay, the continued shut down of business/society. Future and lingering ability to attract tourist. Blocking critical traffic control and emergency vehicles. Stealing and looting. The stress on law enforcement and the inability to attract new recruits. Although some actually want to abolish law enforcement? It's going to become apparent to everyone.

I don't doubt that some of the protests are not based in violence. But at some point I believe the public is going to get angry at all the destruction and this will backfire. At some point the elected officials will need to speak up. Or the rioters will learn they have the power and control over those same elected officials.

• At some point, even with good intensions (and that varies). The cost associated with any protest including overtime pay, the continued shut down of business/society. Future and lingering ability to attract tourist. Blocking critical traffic control and emergency vehicles. Stealing and looting. The stress on law enforcement and the inability to attract new recruits. Although some actually want to abolish law enforcement? It's going to become apparent to everyone.

I don't doubt that some of the protests are not based in violence. But at some point I believe the public is going to get angry at all the destruction and this will backfire. At some point the elected officials will need to speak up. Or the rioters will learn they have the power and control over those same elected officials.

We had another protest here today, and again it was completely peaceful. held it in a park, didnt throw anything didnt disrupt businesses didnt block any traffic and no really measurable strain on infrastructure - even our local congressman showed up and spoke - hundreds apparently showed up and once again showed it can be done without hurting anyone.

"Enough is Enough" Protest

I think that its a very good thing when protest is done in this way - freedom of speech and the power of speech are very powerful things that many people in other parts of the world do not have and we can never forget how fortunate we are, we can never allow other to cause these freedoms to be eroded

JMO

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• The only good all this anti police rhetoric does is just embolden those who are criminals and incentives bad behavior. What the hell are we gonna do when nobody wants to be a police officer anymore? When the long time cops have had enough and throw in the towel to collect their pensions and they can’t hire more quality people - defunding police departments will be a moot point. I’m sure Ocasio Cortez has a solution - Kumbya My Lord Kumbya should get all the criminals right back in line!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• There was a protest 2 miles from me. The police shut down the road with barricades, prior to the planned protest, to keep traffic out. The estimates are 4000-6000 participants. It went peaceful as have all protests around Detroit. You notice, for once, Detroit isn't making national news at a time like this.:)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.clickondetroit.com/news/local/2020/06/07/protesters-shut-down-hall-road-for-hours-in-sterling-heights/%3foutputType=amp

There were some militia guys that showed up all "scary" with their rifles, camo, flak vests and utility belts. One person online comically referred to them as performing Cosplay. Which in the Comic book world is dressing up as Superman, GI Joe, Wonder Woman...^^

After seeing them, I thought it would be hilarious if next time they hold a 2A rally the militia guys get out numbered by Gay pride people at their own rally. Since they like the idea of mixing protests. I just picture a thousand or so tough guy, Rambo looking guys being in the middle of ten thousand or so rainbow flags and guys in drag. :00008356::00008172:

I know they surely wouldn't get all butt hurt and yell at the gay pride people. I mean they are tough guys, surely they wouldn't get upset like some crybaby snowflakes. :/

Happy protest mixing fellas.:*

:00008356::00008172:

On a side note. I am all for the 2A. I have an "arsenal" according many of my friends. I think I could use a few more. I don't have all calibers covered yet, popular ones sure, but not all. Plus, they keep coming out with new trick guns. Am I not suppose to by them?^^ I don't understand why at every 2A protest/rally most guys feel they have to camo up. I think wearing your everyday street cloths would better help the cause.

I'm also all for gays, getting their gay on. I just think those "tough guys" in camo would feel very awkward if it appeared as if they were at a gay pride rally and defending it with guns. :D

Edited 3 times, last by WOLF ().

• Matt, maybe they were protesting the Eagles for impersonating a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM. :):):)

What are you gonna do to me this season now that the G.O.A.T is down here in Florida? You still gonna attack the Patriots for the DYNASTY and now add the Buccaneers to that list?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Matt, maybe they were protesting the Eagles for impersonating a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM. :):):)

What are you gonna do to me this season now that the G.O.A.T is down here in Florida? You still gonna attack the Patriots for the DYNASTY and now add the Buccaneers to that list?

I suspect Brady or Billicheck will show that the other carried them.

Nobody but me cares for the Eagles around here.;)