Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Trump threatened to close down a company, Twitter. It will be hilarious if they respond by kicking him off Twitter for something in the pages of bylaws he agreed to when signing up.

"Government should leave private corporations alone", unless they slight me. Then they should have the full weight of the government crash upon their head.

Freedom of speech has limitations. Always has. Planes, Churches...and yes even on many websites (including this one) way before Trump.

• I am a big supporter of the police force and remain so. It's early and typically I support the theory of waiting for the full story but this instance in Minnesota and George Floyd it's difficult to hold that position. I realize the FBI and DOJ have been expedited and that's a good thing. This time and in my opinion at least the primary officer should be in custody. His actions were terribly wrong. Also in my opinion he needs to own-up and voluntary turn himself in.

I also don't condone any act of looting and pillaging. Innocent businesses and the people who work there are very wrongly being hurt. Interesting how people are bypassing the Minnesota Governor, Minneapolis Mayor and Minneapolis Chief of Police as they are in direct control of the Minneapolis Police Force choosing instead directly going after President Trump?

• I am a big supporter of the police force and remain so. It's early and typically I support the theory of waiting for the full story but this instance in Minnesota and George Floyd it's difficult to hold that position. I realize the FBI and DOJ have been expedited and that's a good thing. This time and in my opinion at least the primary officer should be in custody. His actions were terribly wrong. Also in my opinion he needs to own-up and voluntary turn himself in.

I also don't condone any act of looting and pillaging. Innocent businesses and the people who work there are very wrongly being hurt. Interesting how people are bypassing the Minnesota Governor, Minneapolis Mayor and Minneapolis Chief of Police as they are in direct control of the Minneapolis Police Force choosing instead directly going after President Trump?

you could clearly tell from the video that the man was totally under control after he begged and pleaded that he couldn’t breath....he wasn’t kidding...the way his head and neck were being bent probably crushed his windpipe.....he was handcuffed and clearly in physical distress.

now with that said.....we don’t know what happened before the knee to the neck....but it’s time people black and white understand....you need to listen to police commands...you don’t resist arrest...you don’t run away from a traffic stop on foot or in the vehicle.....

Take your punishment like a man.....he clearly wouldn’t be dead if he didn’t resist.....I’m not saying the cops might have got a little excessive......but ask yourself why....if he would have let them cuff him and just got into the police car...he would still be breathing...

You can’t keep resisting and then cry police brutality....the cops aren’t going to stop until you are completely under control and no longer in a position to cause them bodily harm....it’s not that complicated....

If you keep listening to the democrats telling you to resist, resist, resist....bad things are going to happen. That’s not what they literally meant...

I agree. I understand the guy was under suspicion of writing a fraudulent check and of course, that has its consequences, but I don't believe death by asphyxiation is one of them. I was a little surprised when I heard that the four officers involved were simply fired and that the FBI was only considering an investigation into what may have been a violation of the victim's civil rights. I was like, what ever happened to the good old-fashioned charge of murder or, at the very least, involuntary manslaughter? Of course the police said he resisted arrest and was suspected of being on drugs. That's what they always say. Personally, I believe that's the story they concocted when they realized the guy was dead and began shitting their pants. I told my wife, after watching the video, that he may have been pronounced dead at the hospital, but he died right there under that car with the policeman's knee crushing his neck. I'm also, a little surprised that I haven't seen our friend Al Sharpton's face on the news, leading the charge of racial injustice, but I haven't watched the news at all today.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• What I never ever understood - without knowing the full story yet it really looks like we have a bad cop and he should be prosecuted BUT why when this happens do people find that as an excuse to burn and loot their own neighborhood. Stand out in the road and protest peacefully 24/7 if it makes you feel better but rioting certainly seems either non productive or a self serving opportunity for theft.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

Can't disagree, one thing to consider on arresting the ex-officer. Making an arrest before finishing an investigation can create issues. Some jurisdictions will only allow a suspect to be held for a short time before they must be charged or released. It's often better to put the case together and have the charge ready before making an arrest.

Hopefully the pressure to charge to high is resisted or you'll see the suspect walk and the crap starts all over again.

BTW an internal affairs investigation got derailed when they were all fired. You can't compel them to cooperate or be truthful if they don't work for the department any longer.

• Can't disagree, one thing to consider on arresting the ex-officer. Making an arrest before finishing an investigation can create issues. Some jurisdictions will only allow a suspect to be held for a short time before they must be charged or released. It's often better to put the case together and have the charge ready before making an arrest.

Hopefully the pressure to charge to high is resisted or you'll see the suspect walk and the crap starts all over again.

BTW an internal affairs investigation got derailed when they were all fired. You can't compel them to cooperate or be truthful if they don't work for the department any longer.

Agree - unless evidence to the contrary surfaces it would be an easy manslaughter conviction or a slam dunk involuntary manslaughter. If they charge him with murder the stakes go way up making it much easier for a not guilty verdict or a plea down to manslaughter. I will say the officer with the knee on the neck makes LEO everywhere look bad and have to suffer for it. He has been booted from the department and should be prosecuted the same way any John Q Public would be. If convicted he should be made an example of with the maximum penalty under the law IMO.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I agree. I understand the guy was under suspicion of writing a fraudulent check and of course, that has its consequences, but I don't believe death by asphyxiation is one of them. I was a little surprised when I heard that the four officers involved were simply fired and that the FBI was only considering an investigation into what may have been a violation of the victim's civil rights. I was like, what ever happened to the good old-fashioned charge of murder or, at the very least, involuntary manslaughter? Of course the police said he resisted arrest and was suspected of being on drugs. That's what they always say. Personally, I believe that's the story they concocted when they realized the guy was dead and began shitting their pants. I told my wife, after watching the video, that he may have been pronounced dead at the hospital, but he died right there under that car with the policeman's knee crushing his neck. I'm also, a little surprised that I haven't seen our friend Al Sharpton's face on the news, leading the charge of racial injustice, but I haven't watched the news at all today.

Trump ordered the FBI and DOJ to expedite this investigation....I think reading between the lines he’s putting All “bad” cops on notice that he isn’t messing around especially since dirty FBI and DOJ and CIA personnal conspired against him...

Just like me too, the NAACP and others like sharpton are like ghosts....some people see them and some don’t...