Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• The biggest source of hope for the dems is the Corona virus. They are heading to the everybody panic mode with Chuck saying Trump needs to stop downplaying the risk. The media will jump on the panic train and the market will fall farther. They might even get that recession they've been wanting.

• A friend shared this with me today and considering the subject matter is a popular political subject I thought I would share it here

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Again you fail to realize, my factual statement requires ONE(1) person to vote "the other way" as an impeachment vote. I personally know 6 people that said they will, soo...FACT.

To your argument of Trump losing to an "impeachment vote" which I didn't project, state or otherwise imply, there is a chance(first implication;)), if a lot of people cast an "impeachment vote" and other previous Trump supporters stay home as an "impeachment sit out" as you suggest some may.

You see, those that don't want him in office or never wanted Trump in office will probably vote to impeach/remove regardless of candidate. They wouldn't stay home, because that doesn't get rid of Trump. While those that voted for Trump or identify as Republican, but don't want to say they approve of his actions and don't want any blame for Trumps future actions may very well stay home as an, "It's not my fault" vote.

Then again, Trump could win by a landslide. See what I did there? Now, either way, you can never say, "I told you so".8o

• I think your logic on this is what happened to Hillary in 2016. A lot of moderate Democrats didn't want Trump but couldn't bring themselves to vote for Hillary so they stayed home. They thought, because the media told them, that Trump couldn't win. Their party would be in power and their conscience was clear because they didn't vote for her. They were wrong.🤔

• I think your logic on this is what happened to Hillary in 2016. A lot of moderate Democrats didn't want Trump but couldn't bring themselves to vote for Hillary so they stayed home. They thought, because the media told them, that Trump couldn't win. Their party would be in power and their conscience was clear because they didn't vote for her. They were wrong.🤔

Since my "logic on this" is completely opposite of what happened in 2016, does that make me right?:/:*

• Free government healthcare sounds good, I'm sceptical. Maybe a little example will help others understand my thinking. Millitary bases I served on had chow halls to feed all the personnel on the base for free. I noticed that the lower ranks ate there more than the higher ranks who made more money. The higher ranks paid for meals even though they could eat for free. Why pay for something you can get for free? Easy answer because the free food wasn't that good. It met the nutritional needs but you didn't get to choose what was served, you had to wait in line and it wasn't very tasty. Some guys couldn't manage their money well, they wasted their money and were forced to eat there or not eat. For some it was great because it was better than what they had before enlisting. Some had other reasons but almost everybody agreed the food just wasn't that good.

So my question is can free government run healthcare for all be free and good?

• unfortunately no matter what side you are on politically I dont think we are getting great options - - I know there are people that would say that any of the options would be better than Trump - I suspect WOLF feels this way, but if it were not for that attitude would anyone really pick any of these people as their true choice for the person they think is GREAT?

I like the economy under the Trump administration - I think businesses and investors feel that he is predictable and as such they are willing to invest. Like it or not I always felt that under Obama businesses and investors never felt they could count on him to not suddenly changing the rules to appease some special interest and as such they were unwilling to take chances which held the economy back. - its not a matter of right or left - businesses and investors like predictability and stability which is why this virus thing is spooking people - it is not predictable

I also like where the Trump administration stands on immigration - being in a family of immigrants and married to a naturalized citizen I have seen the work and desire it takes to really want to come here and be an American and I am also painfully aware of the stain and damage done to the system by those wanting to "cut the line" and take advantage of our system without doing the work - If my wife were to petition for one of her sisters or brothers to come here legally the wait right now for siblings is 20 plus years - and this huge wait is the direct result of the strain and load put on the system by people who think they don't need to do it the right and legal way. - - I am all for immigration and I understand wanting a better life with more opportunity, but if you can't be bothered with the effort and respect for our laws to come here legally then you should not be welcome here - period!

So having said these things that I like about Trump I still dont think he is the BEST this country has for the job - right now he is the best option we have been given, but he is not the best of the best

The choices the Democrats are giving us shouldn't even be an option - and if it were not for Trump hate that makes some people willing to accept any other option even most hard core democrats would be saying "WTF! - is this the best my party has?"

our two party system has devolved into a joke - we do not even get a chance to get the best and the brightest because they are way too smart to lower themselves into the pit full of crap that our political system has become

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• If you want to see what government run health care looks like, look at the VA. I work in hospitals all over the Americas. Every VA I have worked in was a mess. I hate to think that, since I am a military retiree, I may have to use one. I have friends that work there and the stories they tell.......

YLM. Your Life Matters

• One day you may understand my consistent stance and finally be right on things you "suspect" I feel, think, believe or will do.

I guess you are right kinda, because you didn't specifically say, "anyone would be better than Trump as President". Yes, I believe anyone of them would be better than Trump at various tasks. Your problem is that you constantly lump me in with thoughts of "the left". I am a very pragmatic centrist . I often think of how much easier it would be if I picked a side and blindly followed them, and believed everything they said about my team and the other team. I don't have it in me, I pay too much attention.:* Heck, yesterday I was at a new chiropractor and pointed out to them that their poster that bragged about "cutting edge X-Ray technology" was printed in 1992 and copyrighted in 1976. ^^I also pointed out that the positive Google reviews they had all over the walls in the lobby had some duplicates which takes away the desired effect.

Now, where you're suspicions are wrong:

I honestly bounce through four options.

1) Vote(Trump) incumbent: As stated just after Trump was elected, I like incumbents because the Presidency is a complicated job and hiring(voting for) a new person will require a long learning period, probably longer now that Trump eliminated or didn't fill many positions. In Trump's case I would probably just wouldn't vote as an "incumbent vote".

2) Impeachment Vote(neg. to pos. Bernie, Bloomberg, Steyer, Biden): Not thrilled one bit with these options in "worse to better" order, but Trump needs to learn he can't do whatever he pleases, plus the Dems proved he did what they tried to impeach/impeached him for.

3) Who I like vote(Tulsi Gabbert) That probably won't happen, but self explanatory.

4)Safe Vote(Warren, Bootigieg, Klobuchar) Less likely to destroy the Constitution and better than Trump in a lot of ways.

That is a simplified, version of the inner debates I have on an almost daily basis. Candidates(besides Bernie) switch categories often and believe it or not, at times I think of voting for Trump because of my incumbent belief and the good he has done, however I also am not blind to all the bad he has done which usually ends the thought of voting for him. It doesn't stop it from coming back into my mind though...rinse and repeat.

I agree with your thoughts on immigration, I have consistently said as much any time immigration is brought up. I rationally believe the wall is a waste of money because people will just move down the line to the next opening. There is only ONE(1) USA they want to come to so they will continue to try, which is why "(NAME) has a wall, but doesn't want one for the country" is a stupid argument, there are billions of houses and businesses in the USA, a wall deters criminals to an easier targets. When there is only one USA, no wall can deter them to a different USA. However, I concede that this is America, the Wall doesn't cost much compared to many things and I am fine with those that want it getting it/build your wall.

• our two party system has devolved into a joke - we do not even get a chance to get the best and the brightest because they are way too smart to lower themselves into the pit full of crap that our political system has become...

That purty much says it all.

• I suppose if any Democrat were to go against President Trump (and win) I would want it to be Joe Biden. At least he has experience in the executive branch and I don't believe he will turn the whole system upside down.

Still not sure why President Obama won't endorse him?

Sanders scares the heck out of me with expensive programs. None which will benefit me.

• I suppose if any Democrat were to go against President Trump (and win) I would want it to be Joe Biden. At least he has experience in the executive branch and I don't believe he will turn the whole system upside down.

Still not sure why President Obama won't endorse him?

Sanders scares the heck out of me with expensive programs. None which will benefit me.

I too wonder about the lack of an Obama endorsement for Biden. That is one of the reasons I am not thrilled with a Biden option.

Then again, if Obama is a "Never Trumper" he would endorse only who the nominee is, for maximum impact. It is hard to reverse and endorse a different candidate, if the one you endorse doesn't make the nomination.

• All the Dems bitch and moan about Trump doing things that they don't like.

They say he doesn't have the power to do it, or the right to do it.

But he does.

Because........

He has a pen, and a phone!!!

Sound familiar?????