Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• When someone’s arguments take the form of personal attacks and name-calling it’s a pretty clear admission that they don’t have anything valid or worthwhile to say. By devolving into name-calling you’ve revealed the bankruptcy of your position.

-Me

My position was simply that Trump, for all his wealth, comes off as stupid. Proven by his many false statements that are proven false instantly by common knowledge, not some elaborate investigation. I'm not sure how else to portray that position.

Please, oh brilliant one, tell me how to point out a person comes off as stupid without demonstrating stupid things they do and say. Again, my position is that he is stupid despite his money, or he is smart and thinks all his followers are stupid.

Now enlighten me...

Bill Martin my point wasn't the lying, but the easily proven false aspect to his lies. Like holding a cookie from the cookie jar and telling your mother you didn't take any cookies. Stupid lies.

• Now enlighten me..

“A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall. Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day. — 'Ah, so you shall be sure to be misunderstood.' — Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self-Reliance

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• OH...RIGHT - I GET IT ....like Adam Schiff reading his own personal version of Trump’s Ukraine call - I guess he was running out the door with the whole cookie jar and told his Mom he just caught the neighbor trying to steal her cookies - ya can’t say Trump is any worse than any of the Dem lunatics that will say or do anything - you think their bad now - let em get back in power and you will be begging for another Trump!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

Read carefully you will see the difference is someone who speaks what he thinks vs the many who say what they think you want to hear ....

I am very much misunderstood in this thread and definently don't say what I think you guys want to hear, so thank you.:* Comparing me to Jesus is a little strong though.;)

Now, as to what it says. It clearly says if you say one thing very confidently, then tomorrow say something completely opposite you are a pure and wise spirit. That is every politician. Many politicians also fall into the presumed less wise category with "FOOLISH consistency". You see, "foolish" is the key. To be consistent is wise, just not foolishly consistent.

I can't think of a cute meme that covers losing your argument by dodging the question. But you are doing a good job of failing to answer my question for enlightenment. I know who and what Trump is. That was not my question, please "read carefully" my original enlightenment question. If you can't understand it, don't worry. I'm use to being misunderstood.8o

• OH...RIGHT - I GET IT ....like Adam Schiff reading his own personal version of Trump’s Ukraine call - I guess he was running out the door with the whole cookie jar and told his Mom he just caught the neighbor trying to steal her cookies - ya can’t say Trump is any worse than any of the Dem lunatics that will say or do anything - you think their bad now - let em get back in power and you will be begging for another Trump!!

Everybody, me, you, Orangeman ...all humans say and do stupid things. There are some that will match a years worth of our stupid statements and acts in a mere week or two, sometimes in an afternoon(hm, hmm Trump).;)

• BTW here's the original footage of the machine gun shoot.

Right, that is original YouTube footage. From what I could find, and I searched a lot since you posted. It appears the "ABC news report" was fake footage. Which is to say, it was never reported that way on ABC and somebody doctored the ABC report or completely fabricated it.

• Silly me looking for news on news sites. Who knew you had to go to Twitter and Facebook to get news anymore.

Your original post counts as Fake video applied to real news. Thanks for giving me more to go on. I sincerely did try quite hard to find a more reputable report, I didn't think to check Twitter.:thumbsup: