Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• now the government wants to "F" people who get electric cars

Illinois politicians want to add $1,000 fee to register electric cars

A few years back during one of the drouts a community wanted the residents to save water, the residents did such a good job they had to go up on the water bills so that they (the city) could pay their bills. This is a TRUE STORY

• Not getting $$$ from 'gas tax'...

well that might make since if there are no taxes on the electricity, but I would bet there are

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Taxes on the electric wouldn't go (in Indiana) straight to the road/highway fund.

sorry I understand that, but if electric cars are going to have to pay extra to support the highway fund that gas cars support through gas taxes why dont we make gas cars pay extra to support the taxes that support the electric grid that electric cars pay?

electric cars might not be supporting the highways, but they are supporting the grid through taxes and if you hit them with fees to support the highways then they are supporting both the grid and highways - so if thats fair wouldnt it also be fair to add a fee to gas cars that supports the grid?

of course I am not serious - I think its all over taxation as it is - damn politicians waste money and always want more

• If California has the highest gas taxes in the country why dont we have the best roads with the fewest potholes?

They said our higher registration fees were needed to fix the roads - they didnt fix the roads. Then they say they need to increase the gas fees to fix the roads - - and guess what? - - roads still suck

they always find other things to spend the money on and then they always come back saying they need more to do what they were supposed to do with the money we already gave them

and every time they swear that this time will be different - - for 64 years I have been hearing this garbage and it is never different

lottery money was supposed to make our schools better - - dont even get me started on that one !!!

• if electric cars are going to have to pay extra to support the highway fund that gas cars support through gas taxes why dont we make gas cars pay extra to support the taxes that support the electric grid that electric cars pay?

Being in the state you are .... you might not want to say that too loud .....

confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• there are many reasons why I am a small government Libertarian, but a big part of it is is a direct result of seeing how out of control my State government is. And you are right - I shouldn't even make jokes about something like this - I may think it is so silly as to be funny, but God knows my state elected officials will probably think its a good idea ;(

• [quote='edwardaneal','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/369-politics-suck/&postID=268210#post268210']

there are many reasons why I am a small government Libertarian, but a big part of it is is a direct result of seeing how out of control my State government is. And you are right - I shouldn't even make jokes about something like this - I may think it is so silly as to be funny, but God knows my state elected officials will probably think its a good idea ;(

[/quote]

Not only will they think it’s a great idea, they will also think you’re subversive for being against them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Thanks a lot there Donald Trump. Because of you my money is leaving my wallet faster than I care to admit. The final straw was tonight when i brought home dinner. I picked up our usual order of Hot and sour soup, Pupu platter, Moo Goo Gia Pan and Beef Teriyaki. BUT this time it was $65.25. I questioned the amount of the bill and they said that Trump's tariffs have added to their wholesale price of CHINESE food. That's taking trade wars a bit too far. Looks like I'll be planting corn, tomatoes and beans as soon as I get back from Maggie Valley. I knew something was up when the local massage parlors started charging $500 for an hour session. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• i-sWDcLsC.png

• I'll say it now. If he finds something the Dems will cry foul because he has personal reasons to find something...Youth, hair and swagger.:00008356:

They might have a hard sell on that - this guy is a hard nose prosecutor and would put his Rep/Dem mother behind bars if he found she broke the law.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it