Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• After the senseless Kate Steinlee’s murder by an illegal alien we have yet another in the national eye - Mollie Tibitts. Our piss poor politicians failed to pass Kate’s Law allowing these animals (and yes I said and meant animals) are killing Americans on almost a daily basis. Does the fake news report on that - NOOOO - they report ICE ripped a father away from his pregnant wife on the way to the hospital to deliver. They don’t mention he was another illegal wanted for murder on a Mexican warrant. If you don’t agree with anything else Trump is for we have to get behind him on border security. If we let the Dems in power to open the borders to more undocumented Democrats it will be worse chaos than we have already. I feel sympathy for the Tibitts’ family and angry that this piece of shit was allowed to be here to commit this heinous crime. We should take him to the Mexican border and shoot him in the back of the head letting his body fall on Mexican soil. signed. PISSED TO THE MAX !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• After the senseless Kate Steinlee’s murder by an illegal alien we have yet another in the national eye - Mollie Tibitts. Our piss poor politicians failed to pass Kate’s Law allowing these animals (and yes I said and meant animals) are killing Americans on almost a daily basis. Does the fake news report on that - NOOOO - they report ICE ripped a father away from his pregnant wife on the way to the hospital to deliver. They don’t mention he was another illegal wanted for murder on a Mexican warrant. If you don’t agree with anything else Trump is for we have to get behind him on border security. If we let the Dems in power to open the borders to more undocumented Democrats it will be worse chaos than we have already. I feel sympathy for the Tibitts’ family and angry that this piece of shit was allowed to be here to commit this heinous crime. We should take him to the Mexican border and shoot him in the back of the head letting his body fall on Mexican soil. signed. PISSED TO THE MAX !!!

Let him live! But as a vegetable in Mexico.

After a month if coverage by all the national media this story will go dark because it doesn't fit the right narrative.

• After a month if coverage by all the national media this story will go dark because it doesn't fit the right narrative.

Agree with you 100% - sad it’s not on the front page of every newspaper and top story in mainstream news but sadly we know who and what controls that.

• Much like many here, I don't approve of illigal entry into the U.S.. After all, it's illegal meaning against the law. To use the "Gun argument", "We don't need more laws, we need to enforce the laws we have".

Please feel free to use the Democrats response of, "one life lost is too much", please show your hypocrisy. Please go on about narratives.

• Speaking of narratives. Our President was implicated in a crime today. It's a little weird that doesn't bother anyone here. Is it because FOX has been focusing on Trump denouncing the lawsuits and holding yet another campaign rally today?

I know, Trump said it wasn't even in the scope of the original investigation, as if that makes it go away, and some people(Trump) think it shouldn't be a case.

Cohen plead guilty, the case was solid. Mueller passed the evidence and case to the local government because it wasn't his place to prosecute that case. Mueller obviously uncovered evidence during his initial investigation, same goes for the Manafort case. He found evidence of illigal activity, do Trump supporters expect Mueller to just turn a blind eye because they werent the crimes he was originally tasked to uncover?

• Our President was implicated in a crime today.

Just don't have enough details to form a solid opinion...... Maybe Cohen said- I think this one is going to make trouble for you, Donald- she is threatening to go public. I think I need to pay her off to keep quiet. Maybe Donald says- yeah- take care of it. (My speculation based on what I am presuming is past history between the two of them- I presume that this is not the first time Cohen has "taken care" of indiscretions for Donald Trump) Maybe prosecutors told Cohen to plead guilty to illegal campaign contribution, and they would go easy on a lot of the other crap he pulled, not related to the candidate. Was payment done to "influence a campaign outcome"? Kind of a stretch, but no candidate wants dirt on him coming out just a few days before an election. Would have knowing about this payment of hush money in advance changed my vote? Nope- I knew he was no choir boy. Was his previous playboy life-style going to impact his fiscal platform, his court appointments, etc? Nope. In short, I wanted some iota of a chance to "Make America Great Again", and the other candidate did not have a snowballs chance of making that happen.
    At this point, I just don't see the "Campaign finance violation" that he (Cohen) pled guilty to..... JMHO (with no law background)

• @WOLF - don’t be naive - if Mueller had the evidence and Cohen was willing to testify against the President their would have been an announcement of a grand jury being impaneled immediately. These convictions have NOTHING to do with Russian collusion. Mueller has went so far off the farm he is going after anyone close to Trump in hopes he can find an indictable offense. Problem is when you go that way people have a tendency to say anything to try and save their own ass making them a very poor witness. If the DOJ were to REALLY look into Hillary or many other career politician’s careers with a microscope the indictments would flourish. To put this in perspective imagine the IRS and the full weight of the government went after you or me looking at every aspect of our lives for the past 20 years. Have you ever went right up to the line (in your opinion) on a deduction but the IRS audits and says fraud. They then tell you you can get 10 years in prison or testify against a business associate. Neither option is appealing but this is exactly the tactic the Mueller team is using. I will give you this Manafort and especially Cohen are very sleazy individuals and do cast the President in a bad light. Politics suck :00008172:

• Did I say these convictions had anything to do with collusion @Bill Martin? NO, I DID NOT. I think I said the exact opposite.

Trump proclaiming "there was no collusion, they have found no evidence of collusion, witch hunt" does not count for shit and is probably a lie like so many he's told before. Innocent people always start with " I didn't do it", then, "If I did it, it wouldn't matter because it's not a crime" all the while proclaiming there is no evidence and degrading investigators so that when it is found that he did do it, gullible people will defend him. Don't be naive Bill, Mueller not revealing any evidence or filing any charges could mean he is building a rock solid case rather than releasing tidbits of info as he gathers it, like so many before him did.

• In that matter, I would think timing is the key. @Orangeman, your defered to lawyers D&S don't touch on the previous narrative and the impact if the reimbursement was only made once it became clear it could be a crime.

Was Cohen lying then, now or never? I don't know, I didn't see any of the bank statements or private messages to know the timing.

• Did I say these convictions had anything to do with collusion @Bill Martin? NO, I DID NOT. I think I said the exact opposite.

Trump proclaiming "there was no collusion, they have found no evidence of collusion, witch hunt" does not count for shit and is probably a lie like so many he's told before. Innocent people always start with " I didn't do it", then, "If I did it, it wouldn't matter because it's not a crime" all the while proclaiming there is no evidence and degrading investigators so that when it is found that he did do it, gullible people will defend him. Don't be naive Bill, Mueller not revealing any evidence or filing any charges could mean he is building a rock solid case rather than releasing tidbits of info as he gathers it, like so many before him did.

YEAH RIGHT !!

• @Orangeman, your defered to lawyers D&S don't touch on the previous narrative and the impact if the reimbursement

To your point ....

Former commissioner at the Federal Election Commission, Hans von Spakovsky,said that Cohen’s decision to plead guilty does not necessarily mean Trump violated the law.

“This is not a violation because this was not a campaign-related offense, Yes, Cohen pleaded guilty to it, yeah Cohen paid it, but then Cohen was reimbursed by Trump.”

The plea deal states that the payments were in fact meant to influence the election, though that could be argued by Trump's lawyers if it ever came to that. Spakovsky said

"Trump had a history of making these kinds of payments before he was a candidate."

Further, Spakovsky said "a candidate can spend as much of their own money as they want to—even if it was a campaign-related expense.”

Harvard Law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz made a similar argument.

“You have to show that it’s a crime, it’s not a crime for a candidate like Trump to contribute to his own campaign, and probably not even a crime to direct someone else to contribute if he plans to pay that back."

.... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• YEAH RIGHT !!

I know Trump likes to tell everyone that the Mueller investigation is a witch hunt for collusion. He has done such a good job beating it into people's heads they forget it was to uncover Russian election interference and possible collusion.
    I believe Mueller had two rounds of hackers names released with detailed accounts of when, where and why they hacked. Give him him time, he'll give you evidence of collusion if there is any. Just please stop repeating party jargon and b.s. lines and defenses before you, the President, the news outlets or myself actually hear what Mueller has found with all our money. :)

• In the end I believe that 90% of politicians care more about themselves than they care about their constituents. For the most part they are all self serving people that will do anything they think they can get away with to get into power and to maintain that power.

As to Mr. Trump and where these things will go at this point - - - does it really matter anymore?

They say the most important and lasting thing a president ever does is to name supreme court justices and at this point it looks like Trump will have picked at minimum 2

Even if by some chance he were to be removed from office he would be replaced by an even more conservative Mike Pence who would also pick even more socially conservative justices if it fell to him

Sometimes it seems like there are those on the left that somehow believe if they get Trump out they will get a do over where it will either fall back to Hillary or at the very least some other liberal

That is never going to happen - it is a matter of fact that the lines of succession don't work that way

Get rid of Trump and you get Pence, get rid of Pence and it goes to the Speaker Republican Paul Ryan, get rid of him and then we get President of the Senate also a Republican Orrin Hatch and last if not least if you get rid of him we go to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo again a Republican

At this point even if the left managed to get rid of Trump about the only thing it is going to accomplish is to energize Trumps base to get out and vote in 2020 and make it harder for a Democrat to be elected

Politics really does suck, and if you are a liberal dreamer who thinks you will magically get Hillary back or get rid of republicans by bringing down Trump it really sucks for you

Oh and just so people know before you reply to this I am a registered Libertarian and yes I voted for Gary Johnson in 2016

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• anything can be spun if you get half the info

No spin ....

Simply the directly quoted opinions of two highly respected men, who happen to be far from Trump supporters or "gullible people " and who also happen to have between them more knowledge of the law pertaining to this subject than everyone here and all the talking heads on CNN/FOX/MSNBC combined.

........ angel-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......