Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I have a very simple solution to the wall.
    Stop the aid payments to terrorist "friendly" countries, countries that are NOT our allies and stop ALL aid to Mexico.
    Use that money to build the wall with, and to keep costs down, for labor use able bodied welfare recipients for the grunt work, unskilled labor pool.
    They can be housed next to the military men and women in tents and cots, just like the military men and women use.
    Then use the Military to guard the border with orders to fire when fired upon or threatened with violence of ANY kind.

See, problem solved
    Whats so difficult?

• If Trump is going to put troops along the border whether they be full time military, activated guard/reserve, federal troop, it will be interesting to see how the
    Posse Comitatus Act comes into play. I've read some of it, perhaps @Bill Martin could shed some light on exactly what the troops could/would be doing....observing and reporting sightings to the Border Patrol, arresting and detaining, etc.

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

• If Trump is going to put troops along the border whether they be full time military, activated guard/reserve, federal troop, it will be interesting to see how the
    Posse Comitatus Act comes into play. I've read some of it, perhaps @Bill Martin could shed some light on exactly what the troops could/would be doing....observing and reporting sightings to the Border Patrol, arresting and detaining, etc.

It is mainly polical posturing for the wall to push Congress to do something - Trump can deploy them but basically all they can do is call ICE if they see somebody crossing illegally. BUILD THAT WALL !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• It is mainly polical posturing for the wall to push Congress to do something - Trump can deploy them but basically all they can do is call ICE if they see somebody crossing illegally. BUILD THAT WALL !!!

I figured that was the situation but I know there had been a few modifications to the Act. This is going to be interesting.

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

• It is mainly polical posturing for the wall to push Congress to do something - Trump can deploy them but basically all they can do is call ICE if they see somebody crossing illegally. BUILD THAT WALL !!!

Bill, you know I luv ya man but actually that is a rather simplistic view and not at all accurate ....

The Military can assume all Border Patrol (not ICE, ICE is interior enforcement) roles except for apprehension .... they can take over surveillance (with Military equipment), group patrol (with a single Border agent embedded), maintenance, construction, transport, detention, on point guard, and on and on. You can have a Military group led by a single Border Agent rather than groups of border agents. So along with the effect of having Military on the border you compound the Border Patrols effective coverage by a huge percentage. Same as we do when we send "advisers" to foreign theaters. The "adviser" or in this case the Border Agent is in command and has authority over a group of local fighters or in this case our Military personnel. Its a significant force multiplier when the Border agents are freed up to concentrate on apprehension and all the grunt work is assumed by Military personnel and equipment.

........ ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited 2 times, last by Orangeman ().

• Agree with what you say, however, Obama, Bush, and Clinton all used their power to deploy military personnel on US soil so we are not taking about groundbreaking news here. I just can’t see where this is a cost effective benefit to securing the border. I realize a couple hundred million is a drop in the bucket to what a wall will cost but what the hell - when you got the “GOVERNMENTS MONEY” :cursing::cursing: why not!! :00008172: IMO it is going to be more political posturing than actually helping the gaping holes in our border. After all - the government is so efficient I could be wrong ;(

• Agree with what you say, however, Obama, Bush, and Clinton all used their power to deploy military personnel on US soil so we are not taking about groundbreaking news here. I just can’t see where this is a cost effective benefit to securing the border. I realize a couple hundred million is a drop in the bucket to what a wall will cost but what the hell - when you got the “GOVERNMENTS MONEY” why not!! IMO it is going to be more political posturing than actually helping the gaping holes in our border. After all - the government is so efficient I could be wrong

Kirstjen Nielsen is scary smart, serious, not afraid of DC, and dedicated almost to a fault. Contrary to the talking heads who underestimate her, when General Kelly moved to Chief of Staff DHS traded in a bulldog for a Mamma Grizzly bear defending her young. She knows how to use the assets she is being given (who are already being paid and need the training), I highly doubt this will be window dressing like the last few times.

.... ninja-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Kirstjen Nielsen is scary smart, serious, not afraid of DC, and dedicated almost to a fault. Contrary to the talking heads who underestimate her, when General Kelly moved to Chief of Staff DHS traded in a bulldog for a Mamma Grizzly bear defending her young. She knows how to use the assets she is being given (who are already being paid and need the training), I highly doubt this will be like the last few times.

.... ninja-squared

I could sure use another “pleasantly surprised” moment from the US Government :00008359: I hope you are right all BS aside !!