Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Summer of ‘69 I turned 18. Needless to say by early ‘71 I received a “Greetings.” Not in school and not willing to relocate in Canada. I joined the National Guard. As an Engineer we were set to be deployed for Vietnam shortly after AIT. Thanks to my guarding Angel, We we spared at the eleventh hour. Lost Family members and a few good friends there.
    it was truly terrible for those coming back home to be ridiculed as Baby Killers! If you were in uniform at the Airport, John Q Public didn’t give a rats ass What it meant to raise your right hand to be sworn in. Certainly a bad time in our county’s history. I Thank GOD to see how much Respect for Men & Woman in Uniform has changed. My Honor and Respect will always be to all who and still server this Great Country of America ❣️

• I graduated high school 1974 and missed the draft. I have had honor of making many Vietnam Vets close friends over the years. A couple died from agent orange, others shared some of the horror stories with me they endured in that God forsaken jungle - it scarred some for life. IMO never has there been a returning military force that fought for our country treated in such a poor fashion. Most of those. guys didn’t ask to fight - they were legally obligated to and yet they were held responsible for the political turbulence of the time. It will forever be a shameful time in US history. ALL vets are heroes in my very humble opinion and should be treated as such !! Thank all you guys for your service!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I graduated high school 1974 and missed the draft. I have had honor of making many Vietnam Vets close friends over the years. A couple died from agent orange, others shared some of the horror stories with me they endured in that God forsaken jungle - it scarred some for life. IMO never has there been a returning military force that fought for our country treated in such a poor fashion. Most of those. guys didn’t ask to fight - they were legally obligated to and yet they were held responsible for the political turbulence of the time. It will forever be a shameful time in US history. ALL vets are heroes in my very humble opinion and should be treated as such !! Thank all you guys for your service!

At the time I remember being very conflicted. early on I held the belief that if I were called I would proudly serve, but as time went by and things went further and further down hill that turned into prayers that I wouldn't be called - - In my family running off to Canada would not have been an option and as "my time" got closer it became very clear that I wanted nothing to to with it - It was a mess and they didnt even have the balls to even officially declare it a war or to give our young men and women the tools they needed to even have a chance on top of this I had seen too many older friends come back totally screwed up and desperately in need of help only to be treated as if they had been the enemy by their own country

Police Action my ass - might as well have just called it FUBAR!

We have another post here on this forum that asks what we miss about the good old days and while there are many things about my younger days that I think were better than now the one thing about now that I really appreciate more is how the veterans from that horrible war finally seem to get the respect that they should have been given back then

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I graduated HS in 75. So I luckily missed going to Vietnam. My dad served in both Korea and Vietnam. When he returned from Vietnam he told my older brother that he would rather him go to Canada than serve. I entered the Air Force on 10 June 75. It was totally me decision. And I served 19 years with retirement offered by Slick Willy. I told my son that he had NO obligation to serve, when he asked upon his HS graduation. The military is not for everyone and many serve that should not. They are not cut out for it. All veterans deserve our support.

YLM. Your Life Matters

• Funny how fathers try their best to protect their sons from war and sometimes it just doesn’t turn out that way. My Dads’s Dad told him as WW2 broke loose to join the Navy - you would always have a dry bunk and a hot meal. As it goes my Dad went down on TWO destroyers. Being from that era my Dad always thought that was really funny. Somehow I can’t see the humor floating around in the Pacific with no ship! Dad always told me I was made to be basically in rear with the gear - my generation was a bunch of pussies. Wonder what he would say about millennials?? :00008172:

• Now this shit is frightening - LA City counsel considering taking over privately owned hotels against the owners will to house homeless

This is why the people need to able to come together and form well armed militias - - - out of control government!!!

• Now this shit is frightening - LA City counsel considering taking over privately owned hotels against the owners will to house homeless

This is why the people need to able to come together and form well armed militias - - - out of control government!!!

first thing that needs to happen is for the DemocratIc California politicians To be voted out......
    citizens with brains need to organize the other people with brains to vote them out....nothing will change as long as they are in control....PERIOD.....how is that everyone seems to be ok with how they are running the state? There should be no illegal aliens in California...there should be no homeless living on the streets....there should be no illegal aliens with drivers licenses so they can vote illegally... there is so much wrong with California my typing finger is getting worn down. it all starts and ends with the voters....voting by mail is not the answer....

• This Coronavirus is going to be a lawyers dream when it finally subsides. As litigious as we have become pre virus I can see thousands of lawsuits being filed for egregious government overreach!! This could be the time that California government finally collapses or a massive move away from liberal politicians. New York and Illinois are on the same track. Look at these states and it should be a dire warning we cannot allow the Democrats more power to wield government against the people!!

• first thing that needs to happen is for the DemocratIc California politicians To be voted out......
    citizens with brains need to organize the other people with brains to vote them out....nothing will change as long as they are in control....PERIOD.....how is that everyone seems to be ok with how they are running the state? There should be no illegal aliens in California...there should be no homeless living on the streets....there should be no illegal aliens with drivers licenses so they can vote illegally... there is so much wrong with California my typing finger is getting worn down. it all starts and ends with the voters....voting by mail is not the answer....

one thing I have to ask you - - considering the fact that no ID is required to either register to vote or to actually vote how exactly does a drivers license tie in?

Don't get me wrong - I dont think people in the country illegally should get licenses, but I just dont see how it would stop them from trying to vote if they want

been living in CA all my life and been voting for over 48 years and I have never been asked for any form of ID to vote or to register

Did you read the article?

I understand the guys point that requiring a hotel that also has multi-million dollar residence condos incorporated to take in homeless is unfair to those residence.

However, if these hotels received millions in tax dollars in the past. It would seem to be a tit for tat. Especially if the city is going to pay the hotels the nightly fee for housing the homeless. It does appear to me that the hotel could get in trouble for discrimination.

On a financial side. Why wouldn't the city seek out hotels with lowest nightly stay fee, instead of the most expensive? This is where, as a taxpayer, I would aim my angst.;)

• This Coronavirus is going to be a lawyers dream when it finally subsides. As litigious as we have become pre virus I can see thousands of lawsuits being filed for egregious government overreach!! This could be the time that California government finally collapses or a massive move away from liberal politicians. New York and Illinois are on the same track. Look at these states and it should be a dire warning we cannot allow the Democrats more power to wield government against the people!!

one thing I do find funny is that the very high end properties the City Counsel is talking about forcing to take in the homeless are also very exclusive and no doubt house some of Californians very elite liberals - - -wonder what some of the Hollywood types will think when the government puts homeless people next door?

• Last time I was in San Francisco it cost $45 day for 4 hours down by the Piers. Tom Bodet will leave the light on for ya at $175 a nite. The Four Seasons is a bargain at $895 a nite. At those prices the lost revenue and then having to evict plus possible damage the homeless would do to their properties - I can see why hotels are balking. If the government “commandeers” the hotels are they going to guarantee their rooms will be in the same condition as when presented? If not - 1-800-LAWYER:00008172:

• my problem is with the government taking control of any privately owned property - - and if their reasoning is that the owners have received tax breaks or other tax dollars then it should have been made clear BEFORE they were given the money that in accepting it they were relinquishing some of their rights to said property

I don't like eminent domain and I sure as hell don't like this - - - every time the government pushes the taking and control of private property further and gets away with it the closer we come to losing all property ownership rights

Also I would ask you - - if they fill these hotels with homeless people - HOW will they ever get them back out? do you seriously think they will just put them back out on the street? can you even imagine the stink that the human rights people would raise and the lawsuits that would follow? - - seriously, I would bet that once these homeless are in these hotels it is almost impossible to legally remove them without coming up with alternate housing - and who is going to pay for that?

once the government gives a benefit it is almost always impossible to take it back - - history has pretty much proven that and you can bet that in this case the homeless advocates will fight for it to the highest court

as a side note I would bet that the bed taxes and property taxes and payroll taxes those hotels have paid far exceed any tax money they might have received

• Edward Neal you are precisely correct.

You won't ever get them out and the property owners lose everything. This is like planting a flagpole in your life raft!

Not only that, but you poison the well as far as new investments and the neighborhood goes to hell.

On top of that: Tourist dollars shrink to near zero and every home in the area loses value. Nearby business suffer as well. Stories of business closing because of homeless invasion abound. You can't run a profitable business if you have to sweep excrement and needles off your sidewalk *after* getting the homeless routed off your front steps.

Typical Democratic playback. San Francisco and Los Angeles used to be wonderful places to live and work and raise a family 👪

Not any more!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• one thing I do find funny is that the very high end properties the City Counsel is talking about forcing to take in the homeless are also very exclusive and no doubt house some of Californians very elite liberals - - -wonder what some of the Hollywood types will think when the government puts homeless people next door?

I hear Nancy has a few spare rooms and some refrigerator space they can use ..

.. angel-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......