Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

Thought I would post something that makes a whole lot more sense and is certainly more entertaining than the second round of the second Dem debate playing out at this time .....

..... genius-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Let's not forget the welfare for the wealthy programs going on.

Wealthy parents giving up custody of kids for financial aid, report says | abc13.com

I know this is not really fair but I blame lawmakers for allowing this loophole. I believe as long as you are within the bounds of the law - if you can use the system to your benefit - more power to you. Of course I’m kinda biased - I made a pretty good living finding those loopholes for anyone that could pay....

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I believe as long as you are within the bounds of the law - if you can use the system to your benefit - more power to you. Of course I’m kinda biased - I made a pretty good living finding those loopholes for anyone that could pay....

There are ups and downs to what they are doing. If they give up custody, they are limiting the "loopholes" available to them.

I used to "gift" my children up to $10k each per year as well as pay them a "salary" for doing things for the business, as long as it did not exceed the limit where they would have to file a return or pay taxes on it.

But then my children were not drooling, slobbering stupid idiots either. They used the money to pay for their vehicles, gas as well as their tuition.

That way when they went to college, they were able to leave college with zero debt.

Now my daughter makes more money than I do, LOL And I LOVE IT!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• I know this is not really fair but I blame lawmakers for allowing this loophole. I believe as long as you are within the bounds of the law - if you can use the system to your benefit - more power to you. Of course I’m kinda biased - I made a pretty good living finding those loopholes for anyone that could pay....

I have to agree, there are perks and benefits out there that I would never in a million years vote for, but as long as they are out there and my tax dollars paid for them you can bet I will take back every dollar in benefits that is legally available

you would have to be a fool to pay for them and then not get that money back when you legally could

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Bottom line — from the wealthy to the middle class - EVERYONE - looks for loopholes — otherwise CPA’s and tax attorneys would be selling cars. What the dilemma is - and I learned firsthand - there is a glaring gap between what is legal and what is ethical. Take bankruptcy for example - it is totally legal — businesses and individuals use it to their advantage all the time. Discharging 1000’s to millions in debt is legal but is it ethical to avoid repayment of same for a legally made loan. This paradox is one of the reasons that ultimate led to my leaving the legal profession. If ya can’t stand the heat - get out of the kitchen.....and I did.

• Bottom line — from the wealthy to the middle class - EVERYONE - looks for loopholes — otherwise CPA’s and tax attorneys would be selling cars. What the dilemma is - and I learned firsthand - there is a glaring gap between what is legal and what is ethical. Take bankruptcy for example - it is totally legal — businesses and individuals use it to their advantage all the time. Discharging 1000’s to millions in debt is legal but is it ethical to avoid repayment of same for a legally made loan. This paradox is one of the reasons that ultimate led to my leaving the legal profession. If ya can’t stand the heat - get out of the kitchen.....and I did.

I have to agree with this, if I take out a loan and promise to pay it back I personally will do everything I can to keep that promise - when I was a kid one of the things my dad always said was that a mans honor is one of the only things no one can take from him - - if you lose it you only have your self to blame

my honor / my word - - if I give those things away for money what does that make me?

• Is it just me, or does Kamala Harris just not get it? Last night during the debate she said she was "at the border, but they wouldn't let her inside to check out the conditions". So she climbed a ladder (REALLY? We're trying to secure the border and we leave a ladder right there for her to climb up and look inside the compound?) She says she saw inhumane conditions and we were treating the children as second class citizens (NO, we were treating them as members of a family that ILLEGALLY ENTERED THIS COUNTRY).

She went on to say that they are NOT second class citizens and the Constitution says that "ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL". One more reason to say she has no real world experience. I've been in many locker rooms throughout school and in gyms, and I can tell you with 100% certainty, that all men are NOT created equal! :(:(:(:(:(:(

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• The question I have for these people is simple - - when we detain adult American citizen suspected of breaking the law do we detain their minor children with them?

if the minor children are also suspected of breaking the law are they detained in the same facility as their adult parent?

heck if both parents are suspected of breaking the law do we even detain them in the same facility?

the answer to all of these is no. Male and female parents suspected of breaking the law do not get detained in the same facility and they sure as hell do not get kept together as a family unit with their children - - - so why would anyone expect non citizens suspected of breaking the law to be dealt with any differently?

The idea that adult criminals should be housed with minors would be laughed at by most people and the lawsuits that would happen should one of those children be harmed by any of the adults held in the same facility would be never ending.

housing a bunch of kids in with a bunch of criminal adults is just asking for trouble

• This whole ordeal is politics - if you boil it all down - everyone in the world wishing to immigrate to the United States is an immigrant until they reach the border. The minute you cross that border without governmental consent you broke our law and became a criminal. Would you treat a known ISIS member differently and just release them with a court date if they entered illegally?? If you didn’t would that not be racist by Democrat definition?? What do we do with criminals - incarcerate them until their case is adjudicated. That’s it plain and simple - if you don’t like the law a lobby your Congressman and have them change it. I hate to say it but children are collateral damage and their parents should be held accountable (if you can figure out who their biological parents are).

• This whole ordeal is politics - if you boil it all down - everyone in the world wishing to immigrate to the United States is an immigrant until they reach the border. The minute you cross that border without governmental consent you broke our law and became a criminal. Would you treat a known ISIS member differently and just release them with a court date if they entered illegally?? If you didn’t would that not be racist by Democrat definition?? What do we do with criminals - incarcerate them until their case is adjudicated. That’s it plain and simple - if you don’t like the law a lobby your Congressman and have them change it. I hate to say it but children are collateral damage and their parents should be held accountable (if you can figure out who their biological parents are).

wouldn't it normally be a crime to knowingly involve your minor child in the commission of a crime?

"here honey, go hand the nice bank teller this note"

contributing to the delinquency of a minor comes to mind and I am sure there are other things that can be charged - - knowingly bringing a foreign national illegally into this country is a crime in and of itself and the fact that the foreign national is your child does not negate that crime

• [quote='edwardaneal','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/369-politics-suck/&postID=278084#post278084']

This whole ordeal is politics - if you boil it all down - everyone in the world wishing to immigrate to the United States is an immigrant until they reach the border. The minute you cross that border without governmental consent you broke our law and became a criminal. Would you treat a known ISIS member differently and just release them with a court date if they entered illegally?? If you didn’t would that not be racist by Democrat definition?? What do we do with criminals - incarcerate them until their case is adjudicated. That’s it plain and simple - if you don’t like the law a lobby your Congressman and have them change it. I hate to say it but children are collateral damage and their parents should be held accountable (if you can figure out who their biological parents are).

wouldn't it normally be a crime to knowingly involve your minor child in the commission of a crime?

"here honey, go hand the nice bank teller this note"

contributing to the delinquency of a minor comes to mind and I am sure there are other things that can be charged - - knowingly bringing a foreign national illegally into this country is a crime in and of itself and the fact that the foreign national is your child does not negate that crime

[/quote]

The children of arrested suspects typically become wards of the state. They are handed over to child abusive services. Did I actually say that! 😟

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• It is hard for me to believe the absolute crap that comes out of this woman’s mouth. I just really wonder how anyone who loves America could vote for her again —- obviously she doesn’t !!!

• [quote='Bill Martin','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/369-politics-suck/&postID=278106#post278106']

It is hard for me to believe the absolute crap that comes out of this woman’s mouth. I just really wonder how anyone who loves America could vote for her again —- obviously she doesn’t !!!

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/98510/

[/quote]

Oh please just shoot me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• I know this is not really fair but I blame lawmakers for allowing this loophole. I believe as long as you are within the bounds of the law - if you can use the system to your benefit - more power to you. Of course I’m kinda biased - I made a pretty good living finding those loopholes for anyone that could pay....

It's like when the lawmakers got caught doing insider trader... It wasn't against the law for them to do it. But I bet when they passed a law outlawing it they put a loophole in that law big enough to stampede a whole hear of elephants through.