Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Sorry - nice try - you can avoid sales tax but IRS will levy an import tax if you are a US resident. IRS can be had....but they ain’t easy :00008172:

Their easy... just gotta be rich and have lots of tax lawyers to figure out how to outfox them. What's in your Swiss bank account/off shore account?

• [quote='Red','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/369-politics-suck/&postID=278304#post278304']

I wonder if the Democrats running for President realize the damage they are causing by attacking Obama to injure Biden.

Obama care apparently isn't any good. Obama's deportation policy was disastrous. Where were they when this was happening?

[/quote]

They were passing legislation to find out what was in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Their easy... just gotta be rich and have lots of tax lawyers to figure out how to outfox them. What's in your Swiss bank account/off shore account?

FYI - actually a little birdy told me Singapore and the Caymans are the best places to park money -Swiss banks are more secure but rate of return is much less :P

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• FYI - actually a little birdy told me Singapore and the Caymans are the best places to park money -Swiss banks are more secure but rate of return is much less :P

I am pretty sure most of the people here are parking their money in Slingshot Mods

I could be wrong, but - - - - - - -

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Well another lunatic has slaughtered at least another 20 people in El Paso, TX. I’m sure as usual the anti gun people will come out screaming for more gun control. This guy is 21 years old and reports say he surrendered to police without them firing a shot. This leads me to believe he was not suicidal so what was his motivation if not a lunatic. I do not believe gun control is the answer. I am truly perplexed at what is causing all these young people with their whole lives in front of them to just mercilessly start killing everyone ithey can. Who would have ever thought that the nationwide horror of Charles Whitman killing 18 folks at the University of TX in 1966 would become a commonplace thing in 2019. I was just a boy but I still remember how traumatized my parents and all their friends were. Today I am just as guilty as many others — it’s “thoughts and prayers” for a couple days then move on. I am to wonder if this is just the new normal and if our decaying society could be the culprit. Are our kids not being educated about the sanctity of human life? Now “safe zones” are killing fields - you have to look over your shoulder while in school, a movie theater, a concert, and now going to the local Mall with your family. I don’t know what the answer is but I know they can’t pass enough gun laws — even if they repealed the 2nd Amendment — to keep guns out of these lunatics hands with all the firearms out there already all over the country. The things I do know - I hope when the state of Texas puts the needle in his arm I hope they put him on the slow drip so it takes a long time for him to die as painfully as possible and if you see me in the mall (highly unlikely) that hand on my hip ain’t cause it’s sore - it’s on my .45

• Well another lunatic has slaughtered at least another 20 people in El Paso, TX. I’m sure as usual the anti gun people will come out screaming for more gun control. This guy is 21 years old and reports say he surrendered to police without them firing a shot. This leads me to believe he was not suicidal so what was his motivation if not a lunatic. I do not believe gun control is the answer. I am truly perplexed at what is causing all these young people with their whole lives in front of them to just mercilessly start killing everyone ithey can. Who would have ever thought that the nationwide horror of Charles Whitman killing 18 folks at the University of TX in 1966 would become a commonplace thing in 2019. I was just a boy but I still remember how traumatized my parents and all their friends were. Today I am just as guilty as many others — it’s “thoughts and prayers” for a couple days then move on. I am to wonder if this is just the new normal and if our decaying society could be the culprit. Are our kids not being educated about the sanctity of human life? Now “safe zones” are killing fields - you have to look over your shoulder while in school, a movie theater, a concert, and now going to the local Mall with your family. I don’t know what the answer is but I know they can’t pass enough gun laws — even if they repealed the 2nd Amendment — to keep guns out of these lunatics hands with all the firearms out there already all over the country. The things I do know - I hope when the state of Texas puts the needle in his arm I hope they put him on the slow drip so it takes a long time for him to die as painfully as possible and if you see me in the mall (highly unlikely) that hand on my hip ain’t cause it’s sore - it’s on my .45

I cannot like this post but this is what it is coming to. 20 killed and 26 wounded Fox just said

• [quote='Bill Martin','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/369-politics-suck/&postID=278346#post278346']

Well another lunatic has slaughtered at least another 20 people in El Paso, TX. I’m sure as usual the anti gun people will come out screaming for more gun control. This guy is 21 years old and reports say he surrendered to police without them firing a shot. This leads me to believe he was not suicidal so what was his motivation if not a lunatic. I do not believe gun control is the answer. I am truly perplexed at what is causing all these young people with their whole lives in front of them to just mercilessly start killing everyone ithey can. Who would have ever thought that the nationwide horror of Charles Whitman killing 18 folks at the University of TX in 1966 would become a commonplace thing in 2019. I was just a boy but I still remember how traumatized my parents and all their friends were. Today I am just as guilty as many others — it’s “thoughts and prayers” for a couple days then move on. I am to wonder if this is just the new normal and if our decaying society could be the culprit. Are our kids not being educated about the sanctity of human life? Now “safe zones” are killing fields - you have to look over your shoulder while in school, a movie theater, a concert, and now going to the local Mall with your family. I don’t know what the answer is but I know they can’t pass enough gun laws — even if they repealed the 2nd Amendment — to keep guns out of these lunatics hands with all the firearms out there already all over the country. The things I do know - I hope when the state of Texas puts the needle in his arm I hope they put him on the slow drip so it takes a long time for him to die as painfully as possible and if you see me in the mall (highly unlikely) that hand on my hip ain’t cause it’s sore - it’s on my .45

[/quote]

My heart is truly broken. Cielo Vista Mall and that Wally World are about a mile, as the crow flys, from the house I was raised in. My understanding is that this 21 y/o surrendered to police. I do not know his motive. However, I will hazard to guess that he does not value life and that he has had no exposure to morals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• FunCycle - I agree with you there is nothing to like about my previous statement. We are from a time when you only had to worry about getting shot or stabbed if you happened into a bad bar or got robbed. I know I never thought that times would come to where you had to carry a firearm in places you would think were the safest places you could go - even churches. You now are left with that possibility of either have a fighting chance or be slaughtered like sheep. IMO carrying your firearm (legally) used to be an option - now it is becoming a mandatory accessory like your wristwatch. I know your like I have become - your firearm is never far away !!

• FunCycle - I agree with you there is nothing to like about my previous statement. We are from a time when you only had to worry about getting shot or stabbed if you happened into a bad bar or got robbed. I know I never thought that times would come to where you had to carry a firearm in places you would think were the safest places you could go - even churches. You now are left with that possibility of either have a fighting chance or be slaughtered like sheep. IMO carrying your firearm (legally) used to be an option - now it is becoming a mandatory accessory like your wristwatch. I know your like I have become - your firearm is never far away !!

99% of the time mine is within arms length and most times I even have a spare mag with me

• one of the things I like about living out here in the desert

Too dang hot for crazy people

on a more realistic note one of the things that keeps me away from Coachella fest and/or Stagecoach is the fact that they would be the perfect kind of event that would attract some wing nut with a gun wanting to be famous

One thing interesting about this event today is the guy was taken alive, normally these nuts are either taken out by the cops or they eat a bullet - - it will be interesting to hear why he says he did it

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Scary …. hoping my Grand Son does NOT get the job as police officer????????????

That says a lot about your grandson’s character wanting to serve given the anti police atmosphere today. If he is successful in getting on let’s just pray he stays safe !!

• Now another mass shooting in Ohio. At least they won't spend money prosecuting him. He was wearing body armor. I am surprised the shooter was taken alive in El Paso . Figured some armed citizen would have ended it. I am really tired of hearing about these idiots. My friends still question why I carry