Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Does Florida (Desantis) not try to censor speech of others that do not agree with him? Do you support Desantis?

Yes, DeSantis does censor speech. He signs into law banning the teaching of CRT in schools. He signs into law the banning of public school districts from teaching about sexual orientation or gender identity in kindergarten through the third grade.

If you want to believe ALL white people are racist, you teach that BS to the kids. If you think anyone 9 years old or younger needs to be told that boys can become girls, and their sex was just a guess being decided by the doctor at birth, or that kids under the age of majority can have permanent sex reassignment surgery as a bad thing, then you'd too support that banning of speech. If a 12 year old is too immature to drink, drive, vote or serve in the armed forces, WTF makes them mature enough to mutilate their bodies to change their sex because some woke school systems are spreading this bull shit to their students instead of teaching them how to read, right, or even how to balance a check book?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Don't forget... When Obummer started he was dealing with the " great recession" and doling out money to banks, auto manufactures and the like as though they were strippers at a strip club...

The vaccine was developed under Trump and that cost was part of his tenure, as well as the "hand outs" given to everyone... wasn't it about 2k total in the end? Still amazes me that no one complains about that "gift of tax dollars" to individuals some of whom never even paid taxes. Also the implementation of the fastest vaccine developed (which now has gotten nothing but negative reviews from a good portion of the people) was under Biden's tenure (remember free vaccines) just like a lunch there is no such thing.

Biden, aside from the cost of distributing "free" vaccines has done what liberals always do.. throw money at a problem and call it good without ever analyzing if the money helps in solving the problem (Pelosi, we need to pass this bill to see what's in it)...like Ukraine (just one example)...71 billion Euros (that we know of) with the most of it being in Military and Financial assistance with a minimal going to humanitarian assistance.

Bush had 911 and starting the failed war in the middle east. Almost 20 years of expenditures for that debacle that each subsequent administration also had to pay for, and we paid for in taxes and lives... all for truly nothing.

The waste of this country of our financial resources truly does make one cry.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Yes, DeSantis does censor speech. He signs into law banning the teaching of CRT in schools. He signs into law the banning of public school districts from teaching about sexual orientation or gender identity in kindergarten through the third grade.

If you want to believe ALL white people are racist, you teach that BS to the kids. If you think anyone 9 years old or younger needs to be told that boys can become girls, and their sex was just a guess being decided by the doctor at birth, or that kids under the age of majority can have permanent sex reassignment surgery as a bad thing, then you'd too support that banning of speech. If a 12 year old is too immature to drink, drive, vote or serve in the armed forces, WTF makes them mature enough to mutilate their bodies to change their sex because some woke school systems are spreading this bull shit to their students instead of teaching them how to read, right, or even how to balance a check book?

I agree with a lot of what was said here... The problems our country has had and is trying to still work through should be taught, factually but not at the detriment of any race. The whole race problem should start with where slavery came from and who started it, not just the end result of this problem. People have been enslaving other people since 2000BCE. CRT creates division which is the last thing we need. CRT does not seem to do anything to help solve any problems other than point fingers. Is there still racism in America (or most of the world) yes.. and it is not just a Black/White thing. It is a human condition. There is no benefit from tearing down statues, and removing "unpleasant" passages from history. Teach history so we do not repeat these errors.

There is no reason that anything about gender affirmation should be taught in schools at an elementary grade level. These are kids who are trying to figure out the basics of life and not the fringes of what can come later in life. If our media and governments were as frugal about this as they are to showing (explicit) stuff on TV this would not even be an issue. I personally have no problem with an adult doing what they want as long as it does not infringe on anyone else, but their idea should not be perpetuated against children. Kids in our current society are very adaptable and already have to deal with stuff at home like two males/females as parents (which I am not saying is bad) and do not need more non biological ideas put in their heads at school. I hate to be the one to say this, but the whole gay, trans, and all that is an extinction event for humanity for without science or doctors to intervene there is no reproduction.

Just two more cents in this conversation.

• The worst health issue this country seen since the plague. Billions spent for Covid testing and developing the vaccine FASTER than any vaccine has ever been developed before

Testing and vaccines where just the tip of the China Virus iceberg. Many seem to forget the that the majority of the economy was shut down for a year. (or more in some places) and yet the Government still had to pump in money for normal operations plus the entire response to Covid. Most of the money for the response including vaccine production/distribution was authorized on the last administrations budget so the current administration doesn't include it in their numbers. To put it in perspective imagine having a business that was shut down for year but you still had to pay your bills, pay your employees, pay for their care, pay for everything needed to ensure your employees and your business survive. Now scale that up to a country. Was throwing money at it good for the debt, hells no. But how many businesses didn't make it. Sometimes in extreme uncharted situations you have to do whatever is necessary to survive the day and hope you can make it to recover tomorrow. We had the same choices during the World Wars and like those times, history will prove that had we not quickly pivoted to a whatever it takes stance rather than the typical DC talk, talk, talk, do too little too late, we very well could have lost. But for now it's used as orange man bad for propaganda without context. Such is politics.

..... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Yes, DeSantis does censor speech. He signs into law banning the teaching of CRT in schools. He signs into law the banning of public school districts from teaching about sexual orientation or gender identity in kindergarten through the third grade.

Hey I don't disagree, but the convo was not about the specifics of what speech is being censored, only that it is happening.

On a not so LGBTQ side, DeSantis also censored/censured/punished Andrew Warren for "saying" he would not prosecute women for having abortions. Warren "said", no other action was done. Again, you don't have to agree, just that it is happening.

On the LGBTQ side Disney, for saying they would not support the bill, which he has, and is punishing them. They are not doing anything but disagreeing. They are not doing the teaching. You or anyone else does not have to agree, and it could go against everything in your life. BUT, its still censoring, which this discussion is about.

On to your rant, I personally think the world has gone to far in trying to "teach" about stuff that if it happens, it happens. Let kids, teens, figure this stuff out as they progress through life, and make the choices needed, if it suits them. Many say, they know at a young age. Sure, OK, then deal with it once you know, and let the parents/families help in dealing with it. However, I don't believe the BS that it's indoctrinating kids into that lifestyle.

All that has to happen in the schools, is teaching tolerance towards other humans, regardless of race, religion, sex, gender, etc, etc. If that tolerance was taught in every school, we would be in a better place.

• .......... kiss-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• All that has to happen in the schools, is teaching tolerance towards other humans, regardless of race, religion, sex, gender, etc, etc. If that tolerance was taught in every school, we would be in a better place.

Shouldn't that tolerance be taught at home? Leave the schools to do what they were created for.. teaching kids how to read, do math, and think about things like philosophy, arts, humanities, because in reality one cannot teach tolerance at school for anything that is not tolerated at home...

• Shouldn't that tolerance be taught at home? Leave the schools to do what they were created for.. teaching kids how to read, do math, and think about things like philosophy, arts, humanities, because in reality one cannot teach tolerance at school for anything that is not tolerated at home...

Kids nowadays likely spend more time at school them with parents. And yes it should be taught at home also, but tolerance can also be taught when refering to history, and the past, so as to not repeat. School isn't just about reading, math and and arts, etc. Most of that can be taught at home also in actuality. Its about learning in general from someone dedicated to teaching instead of 2 parents that work full time and don't have the time to "teach" everything. If the parents aren't setting an example either, then its irrelevant.

• Kids nowadays likely spend more time at school them with parents. And yes it should be taught at home also, but tolerance can also be taught when refering to history, and the past, so as to not repeat. School isn't just about reading, math and and arts, etc. Most of that can be taught at home also in actuality. Its about learning in general from someone dedicated to teaching instead of 2 parents that work full time and don't have the time to "teach" everything. If the parents aren't setting an example either, then its irrelevant.

Yea the problem is most teachers are registered democrats. When you have biased political views your teaching will reflect that. We are seeing that quite a lot actually.

• They need to get back to teaching critical thinking, teaching kids how to think for themselves and do the research so that they can form their own views and opinions instead of simply passing on the teachers views and opinions.

teaching someone how to think is much more important to their future than simply telling them what to think

If kids grow into adults without the skill to think for themselves then they truly are doomed.

and these days its getting even worse as now they are learning to let AI do the thinking for them =O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I think CRT is complete bullshit. I grew up and went to school in the Deep South in the 60’s. I remember separate water fountains and bathrooms for whites and “coloreds”. Only blacks we ever saw were ones doing yard work or labor. My great grandfather was a Grand Wizard in the KKK. So to say I grew up in one of the most racist part of the country would not be a stretch. With all that we still were taught American history and about slavery. I can still remember when the Civil Rights Act was passed in 1964. I wasn’t but 9 years old but I could see on the black white TV all the civil unrest that led up to that. I had already figured out that slavery was a bad thing with the little bit of history that I had learned from school. Blacks and whites both owned slaves so it was the just the times with plenty of blame to go around for this heinous period in our history. When I asked my Dad about all the black and white fighting on TV. He said “son this has been a long time coming and what I can tell you is that the Japs didn’t give a damn whether you were black or white they wanted to kill us all. The black guys fought alongside us with the same intensity and honor. So in my book they are just black men same as we are and should be treated with the same respect that they give you - with the same rights.” If I could be taught that slavery/racism thru school and my dad were wrong in the racist South - what more can CRT teach??

PS I guess today my Dad would be labeled a racist for calling them Japs as I quoted earlier. I don’t think he was because I never heard him say a negative thing about the N Vietnamese in a racist manner - I guess just too many of his friends died in WW2 and he despised the Japanese until the day he died. IMO he earned that right / but not me!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I don't believe the majority of Amerians are racist. I believe politcal parties want us to believe we are racist. That way they can devide us and they can keep the power. If I don't like a non white person or group, am I racist? If I don't like a white person or group, am I racist. I think we've all been programmed to believe we are racist. I don't fault our ancestors. It was just what was acceptable in their time right or wrong.

• On another note. How about the mayhem in Chicago? I'm waiting for a store owner opening fire on these thugs, killing many to protect his property in fear of his/her life. I'm surprised this hasn't taken place yet. And if he/she were tried and I was on the jury I would vote not guilty. It's going to take a few of these incidents to put a stop to all this lawlessness. I'm disgusted on what American has become.

• I believe there are many levels of racism. Many people have some but don’t express it. Slavery was a part of life in days gone by. Practiced by all societies. Black, white etc were slavers and slaves. During wartime captured enemies were put to work and not paid (slavery). There is slavery going on at the border, yet you don’t heR shit about it.

YLM. Your Life Matters