Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Liberals are saying they support an abortion drug that's FDA approved and used safely for twenty years. Of course these are the same ones that said the exact opposite about Hydroxychloroquine.

Actually some republicans are also saying they support the drug as its FDA approved.

• Actually some republicans are also saying they support the drug as its FDA approved.

And some consider killing something that has its own heart beat and its own unique DNA that is different from the mothers to be murder

does a woman have a "right" to murder a healthy child? and if she does simply because she finds in inconvenient to have a child at that stage in her life why cant she kill her child at age 2 or three if its interfering with her plans for her life. Seriously a 1 or 2 or 3 year old can no more survive without its mother or other person than an unborn child can survive outside the mother so how can we use survivability as a guide?

Some people act like this is only about "a woman's rights", but what about the rights of a child? - do they simply have no rights because of their youth and who gets to decide where the cutoff point where they are old enough to have a right to live?

Personally if there is no heart beat yet I might be open to the idea that its just a part of the woman's body that she can make choices over, and if its rape or incest I absolutely support the right for a woman to choose not to have to carry that baby to term, but the one thing I can not support is the killing of otherwise healthy babies as a form of birth control because some girl chose to have unprotected sex - - FDA approval does not make murder acceptable and personally I dont think you or me or anyone else is truly qualified to decide that just because its not born yet that its not murder.

also just to be clear I do think there should be exceptions, nothing is absolute and sometimes taking a life can be the right thing to do, but we should never lose sight to the fact that abortion is taking a life - ALWAYS!

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

• They call it the “morning after” pill for a reason. I can think of several instances where it is applicable - drunk sex without protection, broken condom or in the case of rape. I’m with Edward Neal - if a heartbeat is detected - you are too late. It is NOT a birth control pill. JMO

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

Remember that conversation we all had a couple weeks ago about AI ......

Well....

"You had an AI system that made up entirely the story, but actually made up the cited article and the quote. And when the Washington Post looked at it, they were mystified and said we can’t even figure out how an AI would come up with this because there’s not even a story we can find that seems at all relevant or could be referenced."

-Johnathan Turley

So ...... ChatGPT not only made up a false accusation about Professor Turley out of thin air but then made up a fake WP article which it quoted as "proof.

It's over, please turn off the light and lock the door on your way out.

......... robot-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• kind of extreme don't you think. No one is talking about killing a child that has been born. Using those fake scenarios does nothing to help the situation, and just spreads fake rumours. Much of this is being taken out of context by pro-life religious beliefs.

There are many safeguards in place to state when someone can and can't have an abortion. Amount of time, medical scenarios, etc. Many states have this in place. Don't make it out like its a free for all of mothers murdering their unborn babies. That's getting towards conspiracy theories.

As a Libertarian, you want more freedom for everyone and less government, except the ones you don't agree with. Thats not freedom. You can't have it both ways.

• Another day in San Francisco....Woman gives birth on the street after smoking crack all afternoon according to the witness who filmed the video.

Heartbreaking video shows woman giving birth on San Francisco sidewalk (ktvu.com)

Poor kid is more than likely born addicted to crack - they should lock her up and throw away the key - San Francisco will give her a new pipe 😡

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• kind of extreme don't you think. No one is talking about killing a child that has been born. Using those fake scenarios does nothing to help the situation, and just spreads fake rumours. Much of this is being taken out of context by pro-life religious beliefs.

There are many safeguards in place to state when someone can and can't have an abortion. Amount of time, medical scenarios, etc. Many states have this in place. Don't make it out like its a free for all of mothers murdering their unborn babies. That's getting towards conspiracy theories.

As a Libertarian, you want more freedom for everyone and less government, except the ones you don't agree with. Thats not freedom. You can't have it both ways.

the Libertarian view says total freedoms for everyone with the caveat that it doesn’t interfere with the freedom/rights of anyone else and for me that includes the freedoms and rights of the unborn. And that includes the right to life.

• the Libertarian view says total freedoms for everyone with the caveat that it doesn’t interfere with the freedom/rights of anyone else and for me that includes the freedoms and rights of the unborn. And that includes the right to life.

Hence the problem. Its a catch22. Your infringing on the mothers rights and freedoms, to give rights and freedoms to an unborn fetus. As I said, 99% of the views of pro-life is based on religious beliefs. IMO, religion has no place in government.

Its not a blanket statement, there are instances where abortion IS necessary, and those steps should be taken in those cases. Most states have those instances written. No one is saying it should be legal to just decide one day on a whim you don't want to be pregnant and have an abortion.

BUT, taking the extreme view that it's the same as killing a child that has been born is absurd.

• Hence the problem. Its a catch22. Your infringing on the mothers rights and freedoms, to give rights and freedoms to an unborn fetus. As I said, 99% of the views of pro-life is based on religious beliefs. IMO, religion has no place in government.

Its not a blanket statement, there are instances where abortion IS necessary, and those steps should be taken in those cases. Most states have those instances written. No one is saying it should be legal to just decide one day on a whim you don't want to be pregnant and have an abortion.

BUT, taking the extreme view that it's the same as killing a child that has been born is absurd.

I made it very clear in my first post on this subject (#36770 above) that I draw the line at the point where the un born child has a heartbeat, at this point it is its own separate and unique living person. and I dont think anyone, not even a mother has a "right" to kill it

at the point the child has its own heartbeat killing it is murder - do you seriously think that protecting its right to live infringes on the mothers "rights? do you seriously think any human has a "right" to kill another human being just because they are its mother and its young? - - thats actually a "right" you want to defend!!!

thats what the pro abortion crowd defends when they go past the point of a heartbeat - is that what you believe? is that a right you think mothers should have? - - - and as I said in that first post then why not at 1 or 2 years old - - if the aborted child had a heart beat what is the difference?

an unborn child with a heartbeat, not a child of incest or rape, not a health risk to the mother in any way, no medical issues what so ever - - do you believe the mother has a "right" to end that life??? - - before you answer go reread post #36770 above because thats what I addressed and I made it very clear that having a heartbeat was where I felt the cutoff point should be and I also made it clear there should be exceptions like rape or incest and that there are no absolutes

• No one is saying it should be legal to just decide one day on a whim you don't want to be pregnant and have an abortion.

Not looking to get involved in this exchange just want you to have the correct information.

Six states and D.C. currently allow no reason abortions up to birth and dems blocked a bill that would require life saving care to children born alive during botched abortions.

........ nerd-squared

• As I also said, it's not a blanket statement.

As you have pointed out 6+1 allow no reason ( didn't verify this). So that leaves 44 states that have regulations of some sort regarding when/reasons for having abortion, to it's illegal (which is still a regulation). I believe 12 it is illegal, so 32 where it is legal with regulations of varying degree and timeframes.

Using that, 88% have regulations regarding abortion, from illegal to legal. 64% of the total it is legal with regulations. 12% allow unrestricted. 12% is a low number. The repubs might have a better chance of having those in the 12% add regulations, than having the entire country ban abortion.

• As I also said, it's not a blanket statement.

You mean like this one .....

.......... than having the entire country ban abortion.

There are extremist views on both sides but neither is the majority. You seem to only recognize one even though I pointed out, and you agreed that your statement ....

No one is saying it should be legal to just decide one day on a whim you don't want to be pregnant and have an abortion.

........ is in fact false in 6 states and D.C.. They have said precisely that and made it legal. There is no US state or territory that bans abortion under all circumstances.

........ nerd-squared