Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• For all of those disputing and running their mouth defending this garbage for 2 years straight, you have been punked.

Math - its a very nice skill, you really should learn how it works

Yes we have finally gotten to the point where for an entire month more vaccinated people died from COVID than unvaccinated people

But what does that really mean? Now that the majority of people are vaccinated there are more of them than there are unvaccinated people - - this of course would tend to mean more chances for them to get sick

Also we need to look at who is dying from covid now - - back a year and a half ago it was often very young and otherwise healthy people like my unvaccinated co worker who was in her mid 50's and died - - these days it seems to be older people with compromised immune systems

here is a nice little graph for you from March of this year

look at the difference for people over age 65 - - - that's a very substantial difference in deaths for unvaccinated vs vacinnated

Being age 68 as I am I look at those bottom lines for people over age 65 and I think a person my age would have to completely stupid to not get to vaccinated

If you really even care about this for anything other than politics you might find this interesting - it is my source for the above chart

How to compare COVID deaths for vaccinated and unvaccinated people - Scientific American

and a quote just incase you don't really care enough to learn why your post is BS

"Taken at face value, these numbers may appear to indicate that vaccination does not make that much of a difference. But this perception is an example of a phenomenon known as the base rate fallacy. One also has to consider the denominator of the fraction—that is, the sizes of the vaccinated and unvaccinated populations. With shots widely available to almost all age groups, the majority of the U.S. population has been vaccinated. So even if only a small fraction of vaccinated people who get COVID die from it, the more people who are vaccinated, the more likely they are to make up a portion of the dead."

Frankly I must admit I find it odd that a Trump supporter like yourself is so against the vaccines that Trump made possible - - if it were not for Trump the MNRA vaccines would have been available much much later than they were by pushing for these vaccines the way he did Trump probably saved millions of lives - - - Trumps Operation Warp Speed is credited with helping the race for COVID-19 vaccine

anyway - you can go ahead and keep spewing this if you like, but please keep in mind that if you are mistaken in you beliefs about the vaccine and you do keep spewing your anti vaccine retoric you could cause someone great harm - - you words can have consequences and if someone listens to you and does not get vaccinated and then dies - - - heck, my co-worker listened to people who told her the same things you have been telling people, would she be alive if she hadn't listened? do those people who told her not to get vaccinated hold some responsibility for her death? - I think they do

Seriously wish you nothing but the best, just wish you would stop trying to give medical advice. The only person who people should get this type of advice from should be their doctor, not you, not me and certainly not the politicians

Love you brother - - have a great Thanksgiving

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Frankly I must admit I find it odd that a Trump supporter like yourself is so against the vaccines that Trump made possible - - if it were not for Trump the MNRA vaccines would have been available much much later than they were by pushing for these vaccines the way he did Trump probably saved millions of lives - - - Trumps Operation Warp Speed is credited with helping the race for COVID-19 vaccine

Just because I support Trump does not mean I have to like everything his administration pushed, and I have never been a fan of this vaccine for a million reasons that have been posted in this thread countless times (with sources). We can agree to disagree on this topic, the moment I was literally forced by thr government to get vaccinated despite having had natural inmunity from the ACTUAL virus or I would lose my job I became an even greater critic of the Covid shots. For me personally, everyhing pushed by force by a government is garbage with an ill intent behind it (usually not a good one). Perhaps it is the PTSD from being born and raised in Cuba that has made like this, I dont know.

We don't have to agree on this topic and thats OK.

I wish you and the family a Happy Thanksgiving as well.

• Just because I support Trump does not mean I have to like everything his administration pushed, and I have never been a fan of this vaccine for a million reasons that have been posted in this thread countless times (with sources). We can agree to disagree on this topic, the moment I was literally forced by thr government to get vaccinated despite having had natural inmunity from the ACTUAL virus or I would lose my job I became an even greater critic of the Covid shots. For me personally, everyhing pushed by force by a government is garbage with an ill intent behind it (usually not a good one). Perhaps it is the PTSD from being born and raised in Cuba that has made like this, I dont know.

We don't have to agree on this topic and thats OK.

I wish you and the family a Happy Thanksgiving as well.

I am not been aware of the government forcing any non-government employee to get vaccinated and even though I did not grow up in Cuba as you did I would be very against it if it was mandated by the Government - - - Yes I will agree it has been pushed and highly recommended that's not the same as forced and mandated

On the other hand if your employer mandated it that is a separate thing and the beauty of our freedom here in this country is that we are always free to find a different job

Employer mandate - Government mandate - - not the same thing, even if your employer happens to be the Government - - one impacts everyone and the other impacts only employees of the employer

• I am on the fence about the vaccinations. I did have the Moderna 2 shots and booster because I am in the group it is most lethal if you contracted the virus. I don’t know if I want to just keep on taking boosters whenever the government recommends it. Even my Dr said it is my choice (big help there). What I am pissed about is them reviving the mask mandate bullshit! As the Dems keep saying “follow the science” - well science says they don’t do crap unless it’s the infamous N95. I ain’t wearing one anymore and ain’t going where they are required. Pisses me off every time I go to the Dr office I have to break out my useless old mask and wear it because they say so. Rant over - Happy Thanksgiving!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I am on the fence about the vaccinations. I did have the Moderna 2 shots and booster because I am in the group it is most lethal if you contracted the virus. I don’t know if I want to just keep on taking boosters whenever the government recommends it. Even my Dr said it is my choice (big help there). What I am pissed about is them reviving the mask mandate bullshit! As the Dems keep saying “follow the science” - well science says they don’t do crap unless it’s the infamous N95. I ain’t wearing one anymore and ain’t going where they are required. Pisses me off every time I go to the Dr office I have to break out my useless old mask and wear it because they say so. Rant over - Happy Thanksgiving!!

I guess Im just a sucker when it comes to vaccines - when I was a kid and they did mass vaccinations for Polio I was in line to get mine, When we travel to foreign countries I always get whichever vaccines the government recommends, In school as a kid always got the common vaccines the school required and even now I always get my annual flu shot - - heck I even have got my shingles and pneumonia shots.

My doctor says I should get it and insurance pays - - I get it, school requires it I got it, people around me getting crippled or dying I get it - - - to me this whole COVID vaccine thing has really not been much different that any one of the myriad of other things myself and everyone I knew have been vaccinated against in my life

Now this mask thing on the other hand - - HATE IT! - and I think it's more about controlling people than anything else - - Doctor recommends something - I listen - - government mandates - I'll stay home

- and yea HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!!!

• You need to do some research on the vaccines and the mask, Neither do what they are telling you. Also they are telling you about the side affects that are causing health problems and death. The CDC is not telling the real story

• You need to do some research on the vaccines and the mask, Neither do what they are telling you. Also they are telling you about the side affects that are causing health problems and death. The CDC is not telling the real story

Just like any vaccine or medication nothing is 100% affective and often there can be risks and/or side effects - - but looking at that bottom set of lines for people over 65 - my age group - I think I will take my chances with those side effects

you may choose otherwise - - Happy Thanksgiving

• Well, got home last night after 900 miles started coughing just a little bit and tested positive for the dreaded Covid . My lovely wife is down getting me an antiviral at CVS today. Oh well had a great time this week riding all over . Been dodging this bullet, since the beginning, finally caught up with me.😷

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Well, got home last night after 900 miles started coughing just a little bit and tested positive for the dreaded Covid . My lovely wife is down getting me an antiviral at CVS today. Oh well had a great time this week riding all over . Been dodging this bullet, since the beginning, finally caught up with me.😷

I hope it is just the mild one and you feel better real soon. Happy Thanksgiving... and Thanks for sharing those pics.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

Bummer - wife and I have both been in the same place, Take it easy and get better, and if things get worse please don't wait to seek medical help

As a side note my wife got that Paxlovid stuff - she hated it said it left a terrible taste in her mouth, quit using it after three days - - They said it would only help if you started it within the first day or two and I tested positive at the start of the weekend and couldn't get it so never bothered trying it

we were lucky and never really got very sick - hoping its the same for you

Love you brother, take it easy and get better

<3

If it is not to personal - how many if any vaccine shots for Covid have you had ? At any rate I hope it is very mild for you !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• If it is not to personal - how many if any vaccine shots for Covid have you had ? At any rate I hope it is very mild for you !!

thank you everyone for the well wishes very much appreciate it. I have had two Covid shots and I just got my flu shot a week ago. I like you Bill was on the fence about getting all these darn boosters they keep talking about.

I have an excellent doctor that called in an antiviral medication. Not sure what it is don’t care just as long as it works at my CVS pharmacy 15 minutes after I called him. Three horse pills twice a day. Hope everyone is enjoying their turkey day.!!

• Well, it’s official my taste buds are no more🤬

It’s bad enough to get the Covid, but on Thanksgiving!?

I’ve said it before as it related to other threads that many subjects in life are glossed over until they come knocking on your door and become personal.

Now that I’m part of the Covid club I wish I had five minutes alone with Fauci.

• GREAT NEWS !!!

In an unprecedented display of bipartisanship the Pennsylvania congress has voted themselves an 8% raise…

It’s great to see that they can work together and get the job done…

Its curious that this happened right after the election…

I love your sarcasm! We need an emoji that symbolizes your liking to dislike a subject. Not sure what that one would look like, but I believe it would fit your post perfectly.!

• Man losing ones sense of taste before Thanksgiving would suck. Wednesday I was feeling petty bad I been having problems with low blood oxygen levels, 84 to 94% and thought boy hope I don't die before thanksgiving dinner.

If the music is to loud you are to old.