Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• https://www.westernstandard.ne…ed-a850-cb28a0316827.html

Just in, vaccine passports are coming. Once again this was predicted in 2020 and people were called crazy conspiracy theorists. I can't even count how many of these crazy theories have actually turned out true.

So whats the problem?

You think a persons rights to not get vaccinated are more important than the rights of other people to not be exposed to unvaccinated people???

Rights are great, and I am all for rights and the freedom to choose, but a persons individual rights can and never should come at the expence of other peoples rights

This is the problem with many people (not saying you) that love to stand on their soap box and demand their rights - - often times they think this means their rights are more important that the rights of others - - - - they are not and anyone who actually cares about peoples rights would never put their own rights above others

Think about this - - if someone chooses to exercise their rights and not get vaccinated for a communicable disease dont other people who are going to be exposed to that person have an equal right to know that person is not vaccinated??

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• https://www.westernstandard.ne…ed-a850-cb28a0316827.html

Just in, vaccine passports are coming. Once again this was predicted in 2020 and people were called crazy conspiracy theorists. I can't even count how many of these crazy theories have actually turned out true.

Is this different than the "shot records" we used to have to bring to school? It sounds like newer version of what we had back in the day.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• You think a persons rights to not get vaccinated are more important than the rights of other people to not be exposed to unvaccinated people???

Rights are great, and I am all for rights and the freedom to choose, but a persons individual rights can and never should come at the expence of other peoples rights

Lets go back a few years....

Do you think it is right to force everyone else on a plane to NOT eat peanuts because 1 person has an allergy to peanuts?

Jet fuel makes me break out, so should I be able to force all airplanes to be grounded because of that?

Should people with shellfish allergies have ALL seafood restaurants to stop selling shellfish because they want to go there and eat chicken strips?

I'm sorry, If you are the one person that is afraid of something or allergic to something, then stay away or protect yourself from everyone else in the world.

Quit being so damn greedy and whiny.

If you don't want to catch a virus or a cold, then get in a bubble before you go out, don't expect everyone else in the world to get in one so you dont have to.

• So whats the problem?

"THEREFORE; be it resolved that the Libertarian National Committee stands in stark defiance of all attempts by government to interfere with the private sector response to COVID19 as well as the degradation of civil liberties and livelihood at the hands of legislators. We oppose vaccine passports and any government mandated documentation, surveillance, restrictions, mandates, or laws which tread on the rights of the people. We stand in service of those seeking freedom in the United States as the centrifugal force of liberty."

https://www.lp.org/resolution-on-vaccine-passports/

........ angel-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• This is more about population control than anything else. You believe they really give a crap about vaccinated vs unvaccinated? They will make it a point that in order to be able to go anywhere you MUST be vaccinated, period.

• And I could reverse this and say the exact same thing to you - you think we everyone on a plane should be exposed to a virus just because you dont care, everyone else got vaccinated, but you want them to all bow down to you?

Busses, planes, trains are run by private companies and the have the right to insure their passengers are safe - in fact I would say its not just a right its a responsibility - - and if that means they want all passengers vaccinated then those who chose not to get vaccinated have to live with their choice and can't fly

your whole bs you posted above is exactly my point Do you think it is right to force everyone else on a plane to risk exposure to a communicable illness just because 1 person wont get vaccinated???

67% of the total population of the United States were fully vaccinated as of January 1, 2021 - - as such the vaccinated people are in the majority and as you pointed out so eloquently it would be very wrong to expect the majority of people to have to suffer just because some minority demands their right.

You sound like the trans woman with a dick who wants the "right" to use the girls locker room - - its your damn right and screw the rights of all of the girls who dont feel comfortable with a man in their locker room.

So you dont want to get vaccinated - - that's great, and its your right, But that doesn't mean you get to put everyone else who did get vaccinated at risk

And the trans persons rights dont trump all of those girls rights either

• By now it has been well known than vaccination does not mean you will not A. Catch virus or B. Transmit the virus. For the vaccinated they are already "protected" so why should you fear unvaccinated people? This has been discussed hundreds of times. If you are so scared of a virus that really has NO ACTUAL VACCINE (real vaccines prevent complete infection) then stay home. People are free to do whatever they want. No WHO or whatever bullshit organization should have a say in this or continue to force/control people with vaccines.

• This is more about population control than anything else. You believe they really give a crap about vaccinated vs unvaccinated? They will make it a point that in order to be able to go anywhere you MUST be vaccinated, period.

Im not following your logic - - they already have total control over who can travel, want to travel internationally you need a passport, want to fly domestically you need a real ID

how does wanting me to prove I am vaccinated change any of this?

They already have total control over who travels unless you walk - - even in your car they can run your tag - and know who you are - toll roads, traffic cameras - - seriously what knowledge about what I am doing other than my vaccination status can they gain by this vaccine passport??

And more importantly what should I fear them knowing my vaccine status - - Im vaccinated - I suspect yo are not - - this is on the web right here which means its information available to anyone - not a secret - - even you medical records are open to the government - they already know who is and who is not vaccinated - - do you really think they don't know?

personally I have no problem with it - vaccinations and required proof of vaccinations has been going on all of my life just to get into school as a child back in the 50's they required this - - so why now are you afraid of this

• Unfortunately I am vaccinated and not by choice. My job basically forced me to get the vaccine. A vaccine that doesn't prevent getting the damn thing and I could still technically "die" from it and infect others. A political vaccine that by now has caused blood clots and heart related problems in thousands of people. A vaccine that Moderna itself on a european forum revealed they never really tested thoroughly on humans, only on MICE. All of this is out there and people have posted links to it, pretty sure you believr its conspiracy theories, misinformation etc etc.

• By now it has been well known than vaccination does not mean you will not A. Catch virus or B. Transmit the virus. For the vaccinated they are already "protected" so why should you fear unvaccinated people? This has been discussed hundreds of times. If you are so scared of a virus that really has NO ACTUAL VACCINE (real vaccines prevent complete infection) then stay home. People are free to do whatever they want. No WHO or whatever bullshit organization should have a say in this or continue to force/control people with vaccines.

As I said above you sound like the trans woman with a dick who thinks their right to use the girls locker room is more important than the rights of all of those girls to not have a man in their locker room when they are dressing. - - asking the majority to give up their rights to bend to the rights of the minority

Like it or not the majority of all Americans have chosen to get vaccinated and if they dont want to be around the unvaccinated then that's their right and as the majority their rights should prevail over the rights of the minority when both can't accommodated

democracy

• As I said above you sound like the trans woman with a dick who thinks their right to use the girls locker room is more important than the rights of all of those girls to not have a man in their locker room when they are dressing. - - asking the majority to give up their rights to bend to the rights of the minority

Like it or not the majority of all Americans have chosen to get vaccinated and if they dont want to be around the unvaccinated then that's their right and as the majority their rights should prevail over the rights of the minority when both can't accommodated

democracy

And thats why we are a REPUBLIC not a Democracy. You might want to move to Canada.

• As I said above you sound like the trans woman with a dick who thinks their right to use the girls locker room is more important than the rights of all of those girls to not have a man in their locker room when they are dressing. - - asking the majority to give up their rights to bend to the rights of the minority

democracy

In a democracy the power is in the hands of the people. In the Republic, power is in the hands of individual citizens. In a democratic system, laws are made by the majority. In the Republic system, laws are made by the elected representatives of the people.

I guess I read the article a bit differently... A quote from the article...

"If you have been vaccinated or tested properly, you can move around. So for the next pandemic, instead of stopping the movement of people 100%, you can still provide some movement of the people," Sadikin said.

"So hopefully during the next pandemic, we can still see some movement of people, movement of goods, and movement of the economy."

If I remember correctly some countries were not letting people enter the country unless they could prove they were vaccinated. I am not saying this is good or bad, but just not something I believe will alter how people move around during a normal time, but only how things will be if and when there is another pandemic. Just my opinion..

And actually it is not different than the shot records... because when I was young you couldn't go to school without them... I know it has changed now...

• It's a virus with a 99% survival rate brother. Thats the simple facts. Let that .5% that feel at risk wesr their 20 masks and get 50 boosters every year. There's no need for this garbage vaccine passport, the same wsy there was no need for extensive lockdowns or people losing their jobs for not wanting to get vaccinated, but people still allowed this nonsense.

• Unfortunately I am vaccinated and not by choice. My job basically forced me to get the vaccine. A vaccine that doesn't prevent getting the damn thing and I could still technically "die" from it and infect others. A political vaccine that by now has caused blood clots and heart related problems in thousands of people. A vaccine that Moderna itself on a european forum revealed they never really tested thoroughly on humans, only on MICE. All of this is out there and people have posted links to it, pretty sure you believr its conspiracy theories, misinformation etc etc.

In the months before I retired at the end of last year and in the months since everyone of us that worked there got covid. all of us except for one, a gal named Michelle had gotten vaccinated Michelle, the youngest of us by 10 years was also a health nut, ran marathons worked out all the time great health, much better that us old farts - - well she got the covid and within three days was in the hospital and never went home, never met her new grand child who was born the same week she got sick - - I truly with all of my heart think she would still be here if she had been vaccinated and it really pisses me off that she didnt get vaccinated because of politics - - Yep, far right Trump supporter and a true believer that the vaccines were BS

As a side note there are many vaccines that really work well, and very few actually guarantee you wont get whatever it is they protect from - flu vaccine for example - many people still get the flu, but it is a proven fact that the vaccine can reduce the severity and save lives and yes the COVID vaccine is not 100% perfect and yes it does have potential side effects and risks - - this is true for just about every medicine - just listen to any add to TV for some new medicine and you will hear the list of potential side effects - - - this does not mean the benefits do not out weigh the risks - - how many lives do you think the covid vaccine needs to save before its worth it? - - according to this it is estimated the vaccines saved 20 million lives in their first year of use - - is that not enough??

So no not a believer in conspiracy theories, but I very strongly believe that those you are against the vaccines have been drinking the kool aid served by people with a political agenda - - - how else to you explain how easily you can dismiss the value of the millions and millions of lives saved?

Dude, I could be wrong, but the mRNA vaccines did not cause the blood clots.... The vaccines that did were the traditional type i.e. adenovirus approach for the vaccine....

However, two COVID-19 vaccines are associated with an extremely rare syndrome known as vaccine-induced thrombotic thrombocytopenia (VITT). It was discovered in March 2021 in connection to the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine and then later with the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine.

As for the heart related problems, yes there were some reported linked to the mRNA vaccines....

I am not advocating that one should or shouldn't get the vaccine, that is a personal choice... but the misinformation about some of these things is to me mind boggling...

On the flip side, back in the day I would go get a flu shot mostly because "everyone" was getting them... Doctors believe the last flu shot I got (Over 20 years ago now) is responsible for triggering GBS in my system.... and hundreds of thousands of others... Yet, there is no great push against the flu vaccine.... Just my opinion.... really not trying to change anyone else's opinion.

Not to push any buttons, but the entire vaccine debacle was started by Mr. Trump's administration and I remember a whole bunch of people who were mad because he didn't get credit for it.

• Absolutely amazes me that people will sit here and talk against a vaccine using the excuse that it isn't 100% perfect at stopping COVID and you do this despite the fact that medical professionals say the vaccines have saved 10's of millions of lives.

Would you really have preferred it if no one had gotten vaccinated and all of those people had died??

Are your politics really that important that your winning the vaccine argument is more important than even one life????

Anyway - please excuse me from this thread - - I'm need a break - can only take so much of the pettiness got to go up for air

I'm sure I will be back, but could be awhile - - - love you all <3