Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I just had a thought as I am watching the devastation those poor folks in FL are experiencing - gives me flashbacks. As I watch Biden & Buttigieg talking about how they are making sure that those awful fossil fuels make it to FL to help with the cleanup a very obvious question occurred to me. If we were to go all solar and wind for power like the libtards want - WTF power are people supposed to use to cleanup and rebuild ?? I’m pretty sure from what I have seen there is not a solar panel or windmill made that can survive even a Cat 2 storm - let alone a 4 or 5 !! Lemme guess - there answer will be don’t live where they have hurricanes or tornados 🤬

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I just had a thought as I am watching the devastation those poor folks in FL are experiencing - gives me flashbacks. As I watch Biden & Buttigieg talking about how they are making sure that those awful fossil fuels make it to FL to help with the cleanup a very obvious question occurred to me. If we were to go all solar and wind for power like the libtards want - WTF power are people supposed to use to cleanup and rebuild ?? I’m pretty sure from what I have seen there is not a solar panel or windmill made that can survive even a Cat 2 storm - let alone a 4 or 5 !! Lemme guess - there answer will be don’t live where they have hurricanes or tornados 🤬

I am not against EV's but all these things can't be overlooked. It will be a part of life that many at some point will be forced to deal with and have no choice in the decision. How will people be able to charge those vehicles for weeks/months?

• Dow = 28,725.51

Sure makes me very glad I moved my retirement money into cash & cash equivalents when I was preparing to retire at the end of 2021 - - Back then the Dow was over 36k

might not me making huge gains, but a million times better than these huge losses :folded_hands:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

• iIt's not a loss unless you sell when market is down. I was taking large withdrawals the past 3 yeas when the marker was up. I learned over my life time not to panic. It's worked out so far.

The hard part right now is trying to estimate where the bottom will be. Ready to jump back in when it's low.

• iIt's not a loss unless you sell when market is down. I was taking large withdrawals the past 3 yeas when the marker was up. I learned over my life time not to panic. It's worked out so far.

Well, this is the retirement account we live on we no longer contribute anything to it and a monthly withdrawal from it along with our Social Security is what we live on and covers all of our day to day living expenses, as such we are selling a bit every month. My wife and I specifically planned this out so that we could put the money in safe cash and cash equivalent investments and not have to worry about relying on investment growth - its there already and its enough to last well into our 90's even if it never grows a dime - - In addition we have a second account that is specifically for travel that as it sits is also in cash & cash equivalents and will easily provide for our travel expenses both international and domestic well beyond the point where we will most likely not be able to do so anymore.

Being in the retirement business for most of my adult life I watched too many people who got to retirement age thinking they could count on their money growing after they retired only to take huge losses - think 2008 - watching this we decided to make sure we would be sufficiently funded to allow risk free investment of our funds and have piece of mind knowing that.

sure we won't see the huge gains if the market takes off, but on the other side of the coin we don't have the stress of needing it to come back just to get back to where we were when we retired - - - - piece of mind - it can be a very valuable thing to have

• Well look at here!

First thing I want to say is I have a real soft spot for the Cuban people. Anyone that will jump in a raft and float 90 miles to freedom are my kind of people.

However this is interesting to me as perhaps we have a very unique opportunity here. Seems Russia’s bank account and reach doesn’t stretch as far as Cuba anymore. Boy o boy do I wish we had some people with some actual smarts in Washington that could take advantage of this unique situation.

Just imagine a free Cuba and how cool that would be ! I can dream because Lord knows the Cuban people have for a very long time!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• Well my State government sure is spending their time and financial resources well

Friday our Governor, Mr Numnuts signed the "Freedom to Walk Act" into law this last Friday- - now thanks to their dedication, time and effort pushing this thing through committee, the legislature and then finally to our governors desk it will now be legal to jay walk - - Thank God they finally fixed this huge injustice - its about time they prioritized this thing that was so damaging to the lives of Californians - having to use a crosswalk - - =O=O=O

sure am glad they know how not to waste time and get the peoples work done ;(

This storm took out 1,500 cell phone towers throughout the state. We lost power for over 2 days. No internet for the same amount of time. Cell phone service and texting was intermittent. Obviously some people had it worse than this by a log shot, but bring bunkered down in your home with curfews keeping you from LEAVING, not having power, no news to watch to see what the rest of the state is experiencing, no phone service to let family and friends know you're alive, and no texting to have friends forward messages for you as you watch the water levels rising with rivers overflowing is no picnic. And then to hear assholes like Joy Behar trying to score points and attacking Governor DeSantis while he's doing everything he can to put all the resources available to help those who are impacted by this devastating Hurricane needs to spent to that special HELL when she dies. Biden as well when he doesn't call the Governor and calls 3 mayors instead telling them if they need anything, to call him. RERALLY? Bypass the entire chain of command to politicize a natural disaster shows that he will stop at nothing to try to make himself look better.

Good thing I didn't have power during this storm, but Biden would have ben proud of me sitting in the living room WATCH the RADIO

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I believe that there was a LOT of folks in FL that this was their first real hurricane experience. That is what has resulted, IMO, what looks to be way too much loss of life. My first hurricane I was just a baby - Hurricane Audrey in 1957. No early warning then - my Grandad told me it was a beautiful day as Audrey came rolling in during the night to people waking up to water surrounding them it came in so fast. 416 deaths confirmed and according to those that survived countless more that were never seen or heard from again. My Grandmother worked for the Red Cross and the bodies were all stacked up on ice at the Port of Lake Charles. It haunted her until the day she died. That is why I beg everyone I know that is in the path of one of these storms to pack up what you can and get the F out. One a final note to prove it - people are mostly good after storms - I have a rocking chair in my kitchen that belonged to my great grandmother. It was blown or floated over to the next parish. Lot less folks there back then but SOMEBODY knew that was her rocking chair she used to sit on her porch with and returned it to her. That is what Americans really coming together is all about !! FL — it will be a monumental struggle but you will build back (unlike Biden’s Build Back Better😂)

• This storm took out 1,500 cell phone towers throughout the state. We lost power for over 2 days. No internet for the same amount of time. Cell phone service and texting was intermittent. Obviously some people had it worse than this by a log shot, but bring bunkered down in your home with curfews keeping you from LEAVING, not having power, no news to watch to see what the rest of the state is experiencing, no phone service to let family and friends know you're alive, and no texting to have friends forward messages for you as you watch the water levels rising with rivers overflowing is no picnic. And then to hear assholes like Joy Behar trying to score points and attacking Governor DeSantis while he's doing everything he can to put all the resources available to help those who are impacted by this devastating Hurricane needs to spent to that special HELL when she dies. Biden as well when he doesn't call the Governor and calls 3 mayors instead telling them if they need anything, to call him. RERALLY? Bypass the entire chain of command to politicize a natural disaster shows that he will stop at nothing to try to make himself look better.

Good thing I didn't have power during this storm, but Biden would have ben proud of me sitting in the living room WATCH the RADIO

Unfortunately in a SHTF emergency like this communications always seem to be one of the first things to go down. This is one of the reasons why sitting in my SHTF / Zombie Apocalypse kit right next to my ammo are a pair of battery powered Motorola 2 watt GMRS UHF walkie talkies - - these use both aaa batteries or also have rechargeable packs. and should provide enough range here where I live to reach out for help if needed - I think a radio, like this or something even more powerful and either a generator or the batteries needed to operate it are an important part of any SHTF kit especially ones that can operate on the emergency frequencies that first responders are likely to be monitering - fortunately we live very close to the Palm Springs International Airport which would be the staging location for emergency crews so these should be more than adequate if other forms of communication go down to allow us to reach out for help if needed.

• I love old western movies - was watching one today and in the rating it gave the warning “outdated cultural depiction”. I thought “crap - that describes me perfectly” - close as I will ever get to being in the movies :00008172:

• Unfortunately in a SHTF emergency like this communications always seem to be one of the first things to go down. This is one of the reasons why sitting in my SHTF / Zombie Apocalypse kit right next to my ammo are a pair of battery powered Motorola 2 watt GMRS UHF walkie talkies - - these use both aaa batteries or also have rechargeable packs. and should provide enough range here where I live to reach out for help if needed - I think a radio, like this or something even more powerful and either a generator or the batteries needed to operate it are an important part of any SHTF kit especially ones that can operate on the emergency frequencies that first responders are likely to be monitering - fortunately we live very close to the Palm Springs International Airport which would be the staging location for emergency crews so these should be more than adequate if other forms of communication go down to allow us to reach out for help if needed.

I keep two of these radios new in the box, also 2 weather radios.