Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• just a repeat of the past couple years with the repubs rioting when Trump lost. It just goes back and forth, each blaming the other. Never ending circle that never slows down.

The slogan "Make America Great Again" is a good slogan, the problem is with who is saying it. Because Trump started it, the right has claimed it as there's, The left associates that saying with Trump, which was their nemesis. So of course they will not like it. If Trump did not create that, I am sure they would not have an issue with it. It's a problem by association.

The "perceived" civil war is seriously starting now, not north vs south, but libs vs repubs. The world is watching and shaking their heads. International respect is waning for sure, from both sides, left and right.

• just a repeat of the past couple years with the repubs rioting when Trump lost. It just goes back and forth, each blaming the other. Never ending circle that never slows down.

The slogan "Make America Great Again" is a good slogan, the problem is with who is saying it. Because Trump started it, the right has claimed it as there's, The left associates that saying with Trump, which was their nemesis. So of course they will not like it. If Trump did not create that, I am sure they would not have an issue with it. It's a problem by association.

The "perceived" civil war is seriously starting now, not north vs south, but libs vs repubs. The world is watching and shaking their heads. International respect is waning for sure, from both sides, left and right.

Hundreds of riots all summer long. Property destroyed, individual and government. City blocks seized and taken. Nothing done, nothing. Even to this day nothing done. Buildings and property fire bombed & burned. People lost their life savings, and some lost their life.

To compare, if someone dumps their trash in your yard every day for months and within your patience nothing gets done I would think at some point pushback is going to happen.

I suspect your reference is to repubs is January 6th? What other riots of a notable scale are you referring too? What damage and destruction was noted?

• Quite a few peaceful protests very recently. For comparison.

There have been at least 140 incidents of arson, vandalism and graffiti at Catholic churches since May 2020, and at least 24 attacks on pro-life offices and pregnancy resource centers since Politico published the leaked opinion on May 2, according to interactive trackers launched Tuesday by CatholicVote.

The cases include Molotov cocktail attacks on pro-life organizations in Madison, Wisconsin, and Keizer, Oregon. Last week, activists set fires and broke windows at the CompassCare pro-life pregnancy center in Buffalo, New York, and wrote “Jane was here” in graffiti on the building’s exterior.

FBI investigating ‘series of attacks and threats’ against churches, pro-life centers

https://www.washingtontimes.co…tacks-pro-life-centers-c/

• I have a very personal view at what is wrong with this country. I love the LAW spending the majority of my life making a good living at it. I saw gradual changes thru the years that became more and more radical in the twilight of my career. Long story short justice goes to those that can buy it and laws are ignored depending on who is in power. The Supreme Court is no longer able to make decisions based on the law unless they render a decision favoring your political position. Does anybody believe that if Joe Biden had the opportunity to nominate and seat 3 Justices they would not be as far left as he could get seated?? I never thought this country would be where a 30+ year member of Congress (Maxine Waters) actually stands before a crowd - ON TELEVISION - and says “we are going to defy a Supreme Court decision”. When the law is no longer accepted by all citizens and the government doesn’t enforce the law plus the way it is going nobody to police the law our country is doomed!! The law is supposed to be prosecuted with an even hand and justice equally given be it pauper or millionaire. Roe vs Wade was the law of the land for 50 years never being based on the Constitution but it was the law. Now each state can decide what they want the law to be in their state. It is simple as that. When the lawless run over the law - society is doomed - whomever is in power then won’t make a difference - anarchy will prevail !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• As I keep saying, it goes both ways.

The republican party in action. Win the vote, all is good, no fraud. Lose the vote, fraud is rampant. Hypocritial at the least. Let's spend billions trying to prove it without any actual hard evidence.

Sore losers if you think that the election was actually rigged IMO.

Move on, build a better team and try to win the next one.

• Hundreds of riots all summer long. Property destroyed, individual and government. City blocks seized and taken. Nothing done, nothing. Even to this day nothing done. Buildings and property fire bombed & burned. People lost their life savings, and some lost their life.

To compare, if someone dumps their trash in your yard every day for months and within your patience nothing gets done I would think at some point pushback is going to happen.

I suspect your reference is to repubs is January 6th? What other riots of a notable scale are you referring too? What damage and destruction was noted?

you mean the city blocks siezed in say Minneapolis when Trump was in office in 2020? George Floyd Protests. Hard to say whether they where Repubs or Dems, but I don't remember Trump sending the army in to quell that.

Most notably Jan 6 yes. But there were other smaller scale protests that turned violent from Trump supporters.

My point is both sides are at fault for their own riots and violence, it's not all one sided. Hard to call the kettle black when you do similar things.

• I have a very personal view at what is wrong with this country. I love the LAW spending the majority of my life making a good living at it. I saw gradual changes thru the years that became more and more radical in the twilight of my career. Long story short justice goes to those that can buy it and laws are ignored depending on who is in power. The Supreme Court is no longer able to make decisions based on the law unless they render a decision favoring your political position. Does anybody believe that if Joe Biden had the opportunity to nominate and seat 3 Justices they would not be as far left as he could get seated?? I never thought this country would be where a 30+ year member of Congress (Maxine Waters) actually stands before a crowd - ON TELEVISION - and says “we are going to defy a Supreme Court decision”. When the law is no longer accepted by all citizens and the government doesn’t enforce the law plus the way it is going nobody to police the law our country is doomed!! The law is supposed to be prosecuted with an even hand and justice equally given be it pauper or millionaire. Roe vs Wade was the law of the land for 50 years never being based on the Constitution but it was the law. Now each state can decide what they want the law to be in their state. It is simple as that. When the lawless run over the law - society is doomed - whomever is in power then won’t make a difference - anarchy will prevail !!

You are so correct.... This is already happening today as more and more people defy the "law".

It seems the now people only talk about the law when it suits them. For example, a person told me that it was against the law to have my dog off leash, and I asked during the course of the conversation if they ever went over the speed limit... Large question mark look with the reply.. yes everyone does that though... Just a small example of what is to come.

This came out in 1971... who knew it would be a precursor to the current day.. :Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

We'll be fighting in the streets

With our children at our feet

And the morals that they worship will be gone

And the men who spurred us on

Sit in judgement of all wrong

They decide and the shotgun sings the song
    I'll tip my hat to the new Constitution

Take a bow for the new revolution

Smile and grin at the change all around

Pick up my guitar and play

Just like yesterday

Then I'll get on my knees and pray

We don't get fooled again
    A change, it had to come

We knew it all along

We were liberated from the fold, that's all

And the world looks just the same

And history ain't changed

'Cause the banners, they all flown in the last war

Just like yesterday

We don't get fooled again, no, no
    I'll move myself and my family aside

If we happen to be left half-alive

I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky

For I know that the hypnotized never lie
    Do you?
    Yeah
    There's nothing in the street

Looks any different to me

And the slogans are effaced, by-the-bye

And the parting on the left

Is now parting on the right

And the beards have all grown longer overnight

Just like yesterday

We don't get fooled again

Don't get fooled again, no, no
    Yeah

Meet the new boss

Same as the old boss

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• you mean the city blocks siezed in say Minneapolis when Trump was in office in 2020? George Floyd Protests. Hard to say whether they where Repubs or Dems,

but I don't remember Trump sending the army in to quell that

Apparently you have absolutely no idea how things work in the US.

The President cannot deploy US Military troops on US soil unless he declares a national emergency and martial law, which requires a complete break down of local rule. We have the National Guard that operates on US soil which if called by the President must also be approved by the Governor of the state involved since each state has control of their unit. There's that Federalism thingy again. The President did in fact call for the National guard to be deployed during the riots (and also before Jan 6) but only one Governor (eventually) allowed it. When that happened riots in that area stopped overnight.

Both these comments make it even more clear you have a view skewed by limited and more than likely one sided sources of information and a minimal understanding of the situation effecting the events which makes it that much harder for me to continue considering your opinion as relevant.

........ kiss-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I love how the Libertarian Party holds the individual above Government and their belief that people should be free to do whatever thy choose to do just so long that in doing so they do not interfere with the freedom of other people. Even a subject as divisive as abortion they manage to deal with in dignified way that does not impose governments views on the people.

Libertarian Party stance on abortion:

"Recognizing that abortion is a sensitive issue and that people can hold good-faith views on all sides, we believe that government should be kept out of the matter, leaving the question to each person for their conscientious consideration."

Republican Party and Democrat Parties on the other hand always seem to thrive by telling people how to think and feel and then treating you like a criminal if you disagree.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• you mean the city blocks siezed in say Minneapolis when Trump was in office in 2020? George Floyd Protests. Hard to say whether they where Repubs or Dems, but I don't remember Trump sending the army in to quell that.

Most notably Jan 6 yes. But there were other smaller scale protests that turned violent from Trump supporters.

My point is both sides are at fault for their own riots and violence, it's not all one sided. Hard to call the kettle black when you do similar things.

Trump couldn't send the army to Minneapolis, it's prohibited by federal code.

• States rights have been used to legalize and regulate marijuana contrary to federal law. Abortion has been sent back to the states to decide it's legallity and regulation.

Why are the states the right place to decide marijuana but not abortion?

• Not a republican vs democratic issue. It should never be. Nor should law enforcement be. It doesn't matter if any votes were enough to change the election it's a matter if any votes were improperly counted for any candidate. Republican or democratic. Thats the issue and it should be for everyone. If anyone doesn't strive for that then there is a reason.

• you mean the city blocks siezed in say Minneapolis when Trump was in office in 2020? George Floyd Protests. Hard to say whether they where Repubs or Dems, but I don't remember Trump sending the army in to quell that.

See Orangemans response above. He is absolutely correct. President Trump did support and recommend support for those riots and the governors failed to heed his advice.

• I find it interesting that here in California we have pro choice protesters out in the streets acting extremely upset

Nothing has changed in California, abortion is allowed and it is highly likely that moving forward California will enact changes to make it easier for people from other more restrictive states to come here to get abortions.

Considering this who are these protesters trying to influence? they are protesting right in the center of a place where virtually every single person in power already agrees with them?

Wouldn't it make more sense if they went to a more restrictive State and protested there? or are these people just so incredibly dumb that they think yesterday's ruling actually banned abortion?

Also why is it that people now days dont seem to understand that this United States was built on the idea of States being sovereign governments? Perhaps its just me, but as I get older and older it seems as if our countries youth become less and less educated on how this collection of 50 united States came to be

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Let's not get all hung up on facts, feelings are what's important here.

• What are the possible repercussions that will affect people? Things I can think of, I am sure there are more......

- depression and increased suicide rates in young mothers

- increased welfare and child services costs due to unwanted children that are now being born

I hope Edward Neal is right, and this is just saying this is not a federal issue and leave it to the individual states, but I somehow think it's going to be a sh*tshow.

FWIW there are a number of medical studies that show the exact opposite of your thoughts. Suicides and attempted suicides increase after abortion.

Also leaving the southern border open pretty much makes additional child service costs due to reduced abortions a drop in the bucket.