Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne…-Rehoboth-Beach-home.html

Its the war affecting the bicycles stability and build quality folks. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sensory overload and an increasing inability to process and focus on more than one task at a time made him forget to put his feet down.

We take peoples drivers licenses and their freedom to run their own affairs away for this kind of cognitive decline, and yet ......

Biden.gif

.......bored-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• We can play word salad over Canadian vs US gun laws but the bottom line is CRIMINALS have and will continue to have guns to commit crimes on both sides of the border (let’s not even mention the fiasco at our southern border with smuggled guns and drugs). One question for you - if a criminal (God forbid) commits a home invasion at your home armed — what are you gonna do??? I have the answer to that question within arms reach 24/7 - I am 911 with a strong 2nd Amendment that your country does not have leaving you a victim and me and my family survivors!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• We can play word salad over Canadian vs US gun laws but the bottom line is CRIMINALS have and will continue to have guns to commit crimes on both sides of the border (let’s not even mention the fiasco at our southern border with smuggled guns and drugs). One question for you - if a criminal (God forbid) commits a home invasion at your home armed — what are you gonna do??? I have the answer to that question within arms reach 24/7 - I am 911 with a strong 2nd Amendment that your country does not have leaving you a victim and me and my family survivors!!!

My wife and I have guns for home defense, except for rare trips to the range our guns never leave the house. neither of us are licensed to carry and frankly I have never really felt the need to carry here where we live. To me our guns are like our homeowners insurance - - something we have and hope we never need to use, much like insurance we sleep better knowing that they are there if God forbid we ever need them.

I suspect that in other parts of the world like Canada Americans who own guns are protrayed as cowboys running around wearing our guns on our hips and looking for conflict, But I highly suspect that the vast majority of Americans who own guns for self defense and are not hunters or have target shooting hobbies are much more like my wife and myself with their guns rarely seeing the light of day.

Seriously Sparcky I highly suspect that the percentage of Americans who have guns for self defense and actually carry their guns with them is a very small number compared to the number who have guns for home defense who don't carry

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• My wife and I have guns for home defense, except for rare trips to the range our guns never leave the house. neither of us are licensed to carry and frankly I have never really felt the need to carry here where we live. To me our guns are like our homeowners insurance - - something we have and hope we never need to use, much like insurance we sleep better knowing that they are there if God forbid we ever need them.

I suspect that in other parts of the world like Canada Americans who own guns are protrayed as cowboys running around wearing our guns on our hips and looking for conflict, But I highly suspect that the vast majority of Americans who own guns for self defense and are not hunters or have target shooting hobbies are much more like my wife and myself with their guns rarely seeing the light of day.

Seriously Sparcky I highly suspect that the percentage of Americans who have guns for self defense and actually carry their guns with them is a very small number compared to the number who have guns for home defense who don't carry

You may have been right until liberalism entered the judicial system - I was that way for 60 years - not now and as you can see… many others

• OBAMA, the best gun salesman in the world. Also look at the concealed carry permits issued as soon as he became president. I have the numbers somewhere just for South Carolina, the first year it was something like 200,000 increase in concealed carry permits. Then you look at the new guns registered each year since.. I wish I had all of these real numbers.

He'll greet him with kindness, make them some tea and bend over while he is at it.

• You may have been right until liberalism entered the judicial system - I was that way for 60 years - not now and as you can see… many others

in 2021 it is estimated that 81.4 million people own guns - so at 21.52 permits that is tad better that 25% that have a permit to carry - - 1/4 - - I consider that a small percentage - and just because a person has a permit to carry does not mean they actually do carry in their normal day to day life

As I am sure we all know this varies highly from one State to another with States like my State of California probably having a much smaller percent of people licensed to carry

• OBAMA, the best gun salesman in the world. Also look at the concealed carry permits issued as soon as he became president. I have the numbers somewhere just for South Carolina, the first year it was something like 200,000 increase in concealed carry permits. Then you look at the new guns registered each year since.. I wish I had all of these real numbers.

Something these liberals never seem to understand - - the number one thing you can do to increase the number of guns sold is to talk about banning or restricting guns - - the number 2 thing you can do is to start being soft on criminals and lessening the penalties for crime

Every damn liberal seems to want to push these ideas and then they seem confused when more and more people buy guns

And right now we are seeing a huge increase in the number of African Americans becoming first time gun owners - - - why? because liberal policies are making their neighborhoods less and less safe every single day with fewer cops on the street to protect them and more and more criminals being released back on the street through the revolving doors of our jails.

• I do recommend that everyone who plans of protecting their homes and family spend some time at the gun range. For a couple years I went to a indoor range 5 days a week every week. A very high percentage of shooters there have a hard time hitting the big sheet of cardboard the silhouette of the bad guy 3 yards in front of them. Needless to say when i put 5 rounds with my carry gun in a 1 inch circle at 15 yards they are impressed. I am always willing to help people and by showing them proper grip, trigger control, and site picture they are at least able to keep the shots in a paper dinner plate at 7 yards. 7 yards in a dinner plate will do you at home, but remember shooting a bad guy that has a knife or a gun is not going to be like shooting a target at the range. You and your love one life depends on your shooting ability. Spend some time at a range besides it can be fun.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• I do recommend that everyone who plans of protecting their homes and family spend some time at the gun range. For a couple years I went to a indoor range 5 days a week every week. A very high percentage of shooters there have a hard time hitting the big sheet of cardboard the silhouette of the bad guy 3 yards in front of them. Needless to say when i put 5 rounds with my carry gun in a 1 inch circle at 15 yards they are impressed. I am always willing to help people and by showing them proper grip, trigger control, and site picture they are at least able to keep the shots in a paper dinner plate at 7 yards. 7 yards in a dinner plate will do you at home, but remember shooting a bad guy that has a knife or a gun is not going to be like shooting a target at the range. You and your love one life depends on your shooting ability. Spend some time at a range besides it can be fun.

That is one of the downfalls of Constitutional Carry - while I don’t believe you should have to buy some bullshit permit to carry if you can legally - going thru a firearm course does make good sense IMO.

• Bill Martin Bill that is how I feel also. I had to take a driving test written and on the road to drive a car why not to carry a gun. When I was a young I was taught never to point a gun at anyone or anything I did not want to destroy. I want to know when you draw your gun you know what you are doing and can hit what you are trying to hit. Why? I don't want you missing and killing me or my family or anyone else. I want you to understand that your bullet may pass through the bad guy and hit who ever maybe behind him. A gun class could save you a lot of money down the road and may even save your life. Do you know when it ok to shoot a in self defence in your state? Do you know just because it was a lawful shoot you may still go to civil court and loose? Carrying is a big responsibly.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• My wife and I have guns for home defense, except for rare trips to the range our guns never leave the house. neither of us are licensed to carry and frankly I have never really felt the need to carry here where we live. To me our guns are like our homeowners insurance - - something we have and hope we never need to use, much like insurance we sleep better knowing that they are there if God forbid we ever need them.

True, now...

Why Do People Say They Own Guns?

Over the past 20 years, there has been a dramatic shift in gun ownership preferences and behaviors away from rifles owned for hunting or sport-shooting and toward handguns purchased for self-defense.

According to a recent Pew Research Center survey, 67% of gun owners say protection is the reason they own a gun. By comparison, roughly 4 out of 10 (38%) cite hunting as a major reason, and just 3 out of 10 cite sport shooting. This is a marked change from the 1990s, when 57% of gun owners said they owned a gun for hunting or target/sport shooting.

Researchers report that gun owners each own, on average, more guns today (five) than they did two decades ago (four). And a 2017 study from Harvard and Northeastern, an analysis of the 2015 National Firearms Survey, found that the majority of new guns acquired over the past 20 years are handguns, which now account for 42% of total civilian-owned firearms in the U.S., compared to one-third two decades ago.

https://wamu.org/story/20/09/1…ople-in-the-u-s-own-guns/

And

Roughly 3 million Americans carry loaded handguns with them every day, primarily for protection, according to a new analysis of a national survey of gun owners published in the American Journal of Public Health.

https://www.washingtonpost.com…y-single-day-study-finds/

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• I normally don’t ever give my opinion here……but……I am a veteran I slept with a Rifle for years. I DONT OWN ONE GUN. I believe it’s just like a helmet…..riders choice…..or in hun world if you want one have one it doesn’t bother me either way. I love seeing side pistols on people

• I was reading an article by a firearms training instructor I believe was in Florida who said he believes 20% of those with permits at best actually carry most of the time, said it requires a certain degree of dedication that involves the right clothing, the right holster, the right job and a family that supports it - - - those that do not have these things stop carrying after having their permits for some time

according to this - National Firearms survey - - roughly 3 million Americans actually carry a handgun with them every day

another thing that I personally find discouraging is the fact that even if you get a permit or even a few from different states there would still be States where you would have to leave the gun behind - - My brother just visited me last week. He lives in Oregon and his ex lives in Florida - - he is licensed to carry in both States and also has a third from another State, I dont remember which, most of the remainder of his family live here in California - - whenever he comes for a visit he has to leave the guns at home - - despite all of the checks required to get the three licenses he has California doesn't care

there should be a universal permit that is good in all states or at least recognition of the license from another State just like there is for a drivers license - - If you are a person who feels the need for that protection that need doesn't stop just because you cross a State line

JMO

• in 2021 it is estimated that 81.4 million people own guns - so at 21.52 permits that is tad better that 25% that have a permit to carry - - 1/4 - - I consider that a small percentage - and just because a person has a permit to carry does not mean they actually do carry in their normal day to day life

As I am sure we all know this varies highly from one State to another with States like my State of California probably having a much smaller percent of people licensed to carry

This number is deceiving as it's not the number of carry permits active in 2021 but the number of carry permits issued up until 2021.

......... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• The US is a strange bird IMO - ME, NH, VT have some of the most lax gun laws in the country but states just to the south have some of the most stringent in the country. Are we to assume there are better criminals to the north of NY & NJ ?? Perplexing IMO :00008172:

• I normally don’t ever give my opinion here……but……I am a veteran I slept with a Rifle for years. I DONT OWN ONE GUN. I believe it’s just like a helmet…..riders choice…..or in hun world if you want one have one it doesn’t bother me either way. I love seeing side pistols on people

Adam, first and foremost, THANK YOU for your service. It may only be 5 small words, but coming from those who didn't serve (I went to volunteer, but they found medical reasons to not allow me to serve), your sacrifice and service to your (our) country is one major reason we all have the freedom and the wonderful opportunity to gather together on a forum like this. Plus having the ability to actually MEET and ride with each other in Maggie Valley and other such venues.

I too usually don't offer up much on the right to bear arms, but if anyone cares, that's one right that is being under attack and we should NEVER allow that right to be taken away from us.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE