Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• LOL.....triggered. You had to try that one didn't you. Sensitivity isn't killing our current society. What was done in that past has led us to where we are just as much. But, older generations don't want to take any blame for their misguidance as well and want to throw it on someone else. The younger generations may be different, but categorizing them all as snowflakes with no backbones shows just how short sighted you are.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners.'

Where does it end? What blame do the older generation need to take? Who IS the older generation? Someone in their 40s? 50s? 60s? What do they need to do to make up for their alleged wrong doing? Were they within their cultural norms (making exceptions for atrocities such as Nazzi Germany)?

I"m Puerto Rican with strong Indian lines, some black, some Spanish what blame to I have to bear? Is it on a percentage basis?

The past is behind you, we should be moving forward and part of that is working on bettering ourselves not finding things to be offended by.

A few times in my life over the phone people have heard my deep voice and thought I might be a female smoker and called me maam. Was I offended? No, I would joke "That's only on Thursdays" (it's actually Tuesday).

• I never said the older generations were completely to blame, but they are as much to blame as the current generations for the direction our country is going. I 100% agree with you that we need to keep our look towards the future, but we can't forget the past.

I'm all for diversity in this country as I'm also 50% Native American with a mix of all kinds of different races/cultures, so you're other comment does not make a lot of sense as I didn't blame you.

The great part about freedom in this country is I can call out a person for making a homophobic "joke" just as much as I can someone being a bigot or racist. Just because some think it's funny doesn't make it morally correct. I wasn't offended, but know people that would be and that's enough not to say something like what was shown on this forum and now has been removed.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• I never said the older generations were completely to blame, but they are as much to blame as the current generations for the direction our country is going. I 100% agree with you that we need to keep our look towards the future, but we can't forget the past.

I'm all for diversity in this country as I'm also 50% Native American with a mix of all kinds of different races/cultures, so you're other comment does not make a lot of sense as I didn't blame you.

The great part about freedom in this country is I can call out a person for making a homophobic "joke" just as much as I can someone being a bigot or racist. Just because some think it's funny doesn't make it morally correct. I wasn't offended, but know people that would be and that's enough not to say something like what was shown on this forum and now has been removed.

While there is some merit to what you are saying, Comedy is comedy. I am not sure if you have ever been to stand up comedy shows but there are plenty of homosexual jokes as well as race jokes by many comedians. Are you part of the group that wants to silence these comedians or throw a filter in there that prohibits them from talking about the alphabet people AT ALL? Because i know many many of these social and moral warriors nowadays would love to ban comedy that offends them like Dave Chapelle and Joe Rogan for making gay and transgender jokes. Hell, they crucified Kevin Hart not long ago and he almost got completely "canceled" because of some trans comment he made. So whats it gonna be, do we completely vanish everyone making jokes about homosexuality, throw them in jail? Perhaps make them lose their job? What side are you on in this?

• While there is some merit to what you are saying, Comedy is comedy. I am not sure if you have ever been to stand up comedy shows but there are plenty of homosexual jokes as well as race jokes by many comedians. Are you part of the group that wants to silence these comedians or throw a filter in there that prohibits them from talking about the alphabet people AT ALL? Because i know many many of these social and moral warriors nowadays would love to ban comedy that offends them like Dave Chapelle and Joe Rogan for making gay and transgender jokes. Hell, they crucified Kevin Hart not long ago and he almost got completely "canceled" because of some trans comment he made. So whats it gonna be, do we completely vanish everyone making jokes about homosexuality, throw them in jail? Perhaps make them lose their job? What side are you on in this?

No, not at all and I totally get what you are saying. But, you can make a joke and still be respectful. You used a very deragatory term which is where the problem was. Like I mentioned we do have homosexual men and lesbians on this forum which our forum is already a small group, why make it smaller. If someone said anything deragatory towards any race, creed, color, or religion I would hope that we would all say something and work to not have that kind of prejudice in our group.

As for comedy, let's laugh it up.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• I also get the feeling you would be the type of person to socially crucify a private business owner that would not bake a cake for a gay wedding. Correct me if I am wrong. WraithSS

Nope, that's their right. Every business has the right to not serve.

• I have found that the most Racist people are the ones that bring it up every day in conversation or calling other people racist.

Same could be said for the people bringing up snow flakes, triggered people, homosexuals......LOL.

• Not my post, I'll accept opinion as most will. Not much ill well there?:)

Don't get the shots. Don't wear a mask. Don't clog the hospital if you're sick.

Retroactive birth control.

• Not my post, I'll accept opinion as most will. Not much ill well there?:)

Don't get the shots. Don't wear a mask. Don't clog the hospital if you're sick.

Retroactive birth control.

While we are creating stipulations for who should and who shouldn't "clog the hospital" (to quote you) as "Retroactive birth control" (quoting you again) we should also add:

People who are fat

People who are smokers

People who drink alcohol

People who drink coffee

People who commit crimes

People who drive dangerous vehicles like motorcycles and slingshots

Heck people who drive in general, as driving is dangerous in itself!

and most of all people who want to add a litmus test for who and who shouldn't get medical care, that way hospitals can be free to give healthcare to those that truly deserve it.

• Not my post! I cut and pasted that post from someone else (from another thread, 4 free covid tests thread) to state that it was harsh and uncalled for. I just thought it best not to point fingers at the original poster as although I strongly disagree as you do I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion.

• Not my post! I cut and pasted that post from someone else (from another thread, 4 free covid tests thread) to state that it was harsh and uncalled for. I just thought it best not to point fingers at the original poster as although I strongly disagree as you do I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Apologies. My intention was to point out who sets the criteria? which I guess would apply to the original poster) I mention this to anyone that talks about banning "misinformation" which is usually "information I disagree with".