Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Wow....you do realize there are gay men and lesbians on this forum? That is a deragatory term and shouldn't be used this day and age. Let alone the the poor taste of your joke. :rolleyes:

I hear what you are trying to say.. but at the same time take a look at your signature..... Not exactly pluralistic....

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• I hear what you are trying to say.. but at the same time take a look at your signature..... Not exactly pluralistic....

Not exactly sure you know what that means. My signature is referencing life and not a person or society and makes no I'll claims towards someone's beliefs. I'm not saying anything is right or wrong in my signature.

bitch

/biCH/

noun

a female dog, wolf, fox, or otter.

verbINFORMAL

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Just remember no matter who you are, are what you are there are people judging you for what have said or done or they think you have done. If it is the truth then nothing changes it.

Yes, we all do it, we all judge- - although I do try not to - - I simply am not qualified to judge others, I have done far to many things and said too many things to even come close to be in any position of being the Judge - - - - frankly the only one I see as qualified is God, as such I will leave it to Him.

As a side note I highly suspect that many of the things other men have tried to teach are right and wrong are viewed very differently by God - - - our view of the world around us is very limited - its like we are limited to looking through a pin hole and then we think we are seeing everything and are qualified - - - it seems like such crazy thing to me - - - how can we think we understand enough to judge when we are only getting a fraction of a percent of all of the information that is available to God?

I think one of the things that takes us the furthest from God is the amazing arrogance we have to actually think we even have a clue as to what the real truth is.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I know exactly what that means, and how you are using it... your signature does not imply that life hits like a female dog since a female dog, wolf, fox or otter does not hit.

It is easy to say one shouldn't say something because of what one believes is not appropriate, but at the same time may say something just as inappropriate to someone else.

In your example you list only the noun, there is also a verb for bitch..

Anyway... Bitch is a commonly used slang word that is nonetheless vulgar when you throw it at a woman or a man.

Your signature does make an implication that hitting like a bitch (female) may be less than not hitting like a bitch...

• Wow....you do realize there are gay men and lesbians on this forum? That is a deragatory term and shouldn't be used this day and age. Let alone the the poor taste of your joke. :rolleyes:

How is "homos" derogatory when it is short for homosexual...

It's a joke, laugh if you want to or not 🤷‍♂️

Please don't tell me sensitive feelings has reached this forum as well.:rolleyes:

• I did mean it as a light hit from a dog and yes dogs, wolves, and foxes do hit. They have paws and know what to do with them.

Also a verb would not make since at the end of that sentence. So, that point is null.

If you feel my signature is inappropriate I will gladly take it down.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• I did mean it as a light hit from a dog and yes dogs, wolves, and foxes do hit. They have paws and know what to do with them.

Also a verb would not make since at the end of that sentence. So, that point is null.

If you feel my signature is inappropriate I will gladly take it down.

Dude, leave your signature... my point was only to show that we all say and do things that may be offensive to another without even knowing it.

I can honestly say that I have always worried about a dog biting me and not that she would hit me with a right cross and knock me out.... :):)

Take care.

• How is "homos" derogatory when it is short for homosexual...

Please don't tell me sensitive feelings has reached this forum as well.:rolleyes:

Show me where it states that it is short for homosexual and not derogatory/offensive? Every definition shows it as being offensive.

• Show me where it states that it is short for homosexual and not derogatory/offensive? Every definition shows it as being offensive.

Technically that was the intent. If it said Homosexuals you would had still gotten offended regardless. A derogatory way would of been the word Fa****. Anyways, I like everyone here regardless of political belief or sexual orientation. I have 0 issues with homosexuality overall or even gay marriage as long as noone messes with my life they can do as they wish. Im pretty libertarian ish in that regard. I am not going to apologize for the joke but did want to make that clear to you.

• Technically that was the intent. If it said Homosexuals you would had still gotten offended regardless. A derogatory way would of been the word Fa****. Anyways, I like everyone here regardless of political belief or sexual orientation. I have 0 issues with homosexuality overall or even gay marriage as long as noone messes with my life they can do as they wish. Im pretty libertarian ish in that regard. I am not going to apologize for the joke but did want to make that clear to you.

I agree, just as long as it is not shoved in my face, but they insist in doing just that. There lies the problem.

• Technically that was the intent. If it said Homosexuals you would had still gotten offended regardless. A derogatory way would of been the word Fa****. Anyways, I like everyone here regardless of political belief or sexual orientation. I have 0 issues with homosexuality overall or even gay marriage as long as noone messes with my life they can do as they wish. Im pretty libertarian ish in that regard. I am not going to apologize for the joke but did want to make that clear to you.

Homosexual, gay, lesbian are all correct. The joke and the term were both in ill taste/form. I never asked you to apologize for it. Just shocked that you are ok with it. That would be like throwing around a racial slur and being ok with it.

• How is "homos" derogatory when it is short for homosexual...

Seriously? - - can you 100% honestly say you did not know this word is offensive to some people?

like saying the "N" word is just an abbreviation?

Please stop with your "sensitive feelings" BS - - are you seriously saying that's its okay to disrespect others and everyone else should just stand back and watch you do so because you think the person you are disrespecting is too sensitive?

When you disrespect others - people dont look at those people you are disrespecting and think they are too sensitive - - most people instead look at you and wonder what the hell is wrong with you - - - why are you acting like a bully - - -

• O Boy here you go again! I try!

• LOL....you have no clue what you are talking about. Using the word he did is the equivalent of a racial slur.

Also, theres been jokes here in the forum about latinos and inmigrants etc. I am a latino male (cuban). I have never ever considered any joke offensive or took it upon my own to call out anyone because I felt "triggered" in any way shape or form. Not everyone that makes jokes is a racist or homophobe my friend. This sensitivity is killing our current society and specially the young generation has turned into whiny, useless snowflakes with no backbone whatsoever.

• O Boy here you go again! I try!

I'm confused by your reply here - - - I was simply trying to point out that because something is an abbreviation - like homo for homosexual, or Jap for Japanese, or the "n" word for Negro does not mean that the shortened / abbreviated word is not considered offensive or derogatory - - - All of these shortened / abbreviated versions of these words are considered by many to be very offensive. Also being ignorant of the offensive nature of a word really should justify the use of that word only until you are told that it is offensive - once you know then I believe respect for others would make you want to stop using the word

So please tell me - why did you sat O Boy here you go again! - - - did I miss something?

• I get it bud, you dont like me because of my stance on vaccines and you have apparently been salty for a while and thats completely fine but you are a grown ass man. I on the other hand have no issues with your politics or stance, never have and never will. Who exactly have I bullied here? I'll wait.