Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Do you honestly believe that the U.S. hasn’t done all of the exact same things we accuse others of doing?

I love my country, but I would have to be a fool to believe we haven’t cheated and stolen and lied to get ahead, Heck I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to discover we invented corporate espionage

I think you would have to be very naive to believe this country hasn’t done absolutely everything at one time or another that we now get all bent out of shape when we think others are doing - - - We invented the game and rule number one is “don’t dare do to us what we have done to others”I am not aware of any US company producing "knock-off" merchandise and selling it overseas at greatly reduced prices? Effectively stealing billions every year. Perhaps it's going on but like I said I've never heard of it. Through a previous job I have heard of companies purposely creating small cosmetic defects to find out China turns around and produces the part including the defect. This is on a large scale. Not the same game.

Not naive.

My honest opinion is two fold. based on the history of the governing body itself and willingness of the governing bodies to "look the other way". I have heard of companies purposely creating minor defects and china coping the defect into production. On a consistent level I hear of China companies producing "knock-of" items and placing them into the U.S. market using the U.S company name and logo. I have never heard of any U.S. company copying a foreign product under disguise and marketing it overseas under a false name? I suppose it could happen, but I have never heard of it. I also believe if it would happen the company would be shut down.

I believe the foreign companies operating on U.S. soil are operating on the same guidelines as domestic companies. To my knowledge there is no forced transfer of technology? To my knowledge there is no forced joint venture?

Most Counterfeit Goods Are From China (businessinsider.com)

Piracy and counterfeit goods cost U.S. billions yearly (seattlepi.com)

The WTO needs to rethink.

China’s Developing Country Status in the WTO: Time for an Upgrade? | IPI Global Observatory (theglobalobservatory.org)

• Do you honestly believe that the U.S. hasn’t done all of the exact same things we accuse others of doing?

I love my country, but I would have to be a fool to believe we haven’t cheated and stolen and lied to get ahead, Heck I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to discover we invented corporate espionage

I think you would have to be very naive to believe this country hasn’t done absolutely everything at one time or another that we now get all bent out of shape when we think others are doing - - - We invented the game and rule number one is “don’t dare do to us what we have done to others”

Dont get this twisted. The China that is today with all its economic power is only because our wonderful government has allowed it for more than 30 years. The US has willingly placed China where its at right now. I do not blame the CCP they are playing their game and I am pretty sure at least half of our government is in their pocket. When you have a presidents son that has ties with foreign bodies that tells you everything you need to know about the rest. To think those representing us in congress are not compromised in big numbers is foolish. This country is doomed to say the least. China is a huge powerhouse but never forget ONLY because the US allowed it and with intent.

• It's extremely concerning that if Russia decides to invade Ukraine there is a possibility that China may take advantage of the situation and attempt to take control of Taiwan. If that happens China will have a massive control of world production.

Very concerning thoughts. China purchased Smithfield for 5 billion over the company's market value. Thats pretty aggressive.

Who’s behind the Chinese takeover of world’s biggest pork producer? | PBS NewsHour

• Dont get this twisted. The China that is today with all its economic power is only because our wonderful government has allowed it for more than 30 years. The US has willingly placed China where its at right now. I do not blame the CCP they are playing their game and I am pretty sure at least half of our government is in their pocket. When you have a presidents son that has ties with foreign bodies that tells you everything you need to know about the rest. To think those representing us in congress are not compromised in big numbers is foolish. This country is doomed to say the least. China is a huge powerhouse but never forget ONLY because the US allowed it and with intent.

I find your use of the word “allowed” interesting - like we are supposed to be the grantors or deniers of what other countries are “allowed” to do.. Personally I don’t think we “allowed” anything - Our businesses and our government have been using other countries, their cheep labor and their abundant resources for decades to our own benefit and in the process we not only opened a two way door, but we also set the example of how to take advantage of other countries - - - we didn’t “allow” anything - - more likely we taught them how its done.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Any thoughts on this other than a dancing orange?

My honest opinion is two fold. based on the history of the governing body itself and willingness of the governing bodies to "look the other way". I have heard of companies purposely creating minor defects and china coping the defect into production. On a consistent level I hear of China companies producing "knock-of" items and placing them into the U.S. market using the U.S company name and logo. I have never heard of any U.S. company copying a foreign product under disguise and marketing it overseas under a false name? I suppose it could happen, but I have never heard of it. I also believe if it would happen the company would be shut down.

I believe the foreign companies operating on U.S. soil are operating on the same guidelines as domestic companies. To my knowledge there is no forced transfer of technology? To my knowledge there is no forced joint venture?

Most Counterfeit Goods Are From China (businessinsider.com)

Piracy and counterfeit goods cost U.S. billions yearly (seattlepi.com)

The WTO needs to rethink.

China’s Developing Country Status in the WTO: Time for an Upgrade? | IPI Global Observatory (theglobalobservatory.org)

• I find your use of the word “allowed” interesting - like we are supposed to be the grantors or deniers of what other countries are “allowed” to do.. Personally I don’t think we “allowed” anything - Our businesses and our government have been using other countries, their cheep labor and their abundant resources for decades to our own benefit and in the process we not only opened a two way door, but we also set the example of how to take advantage of other countries - - - we didn’t “allow” anything - - more likely we taught them how its don

Well we they did allow China to be where they are, thats a fact for the most part. At least Trump was "attempting" to level out the playing field against the chinese but we all know how that ended. And I think any sane person would agree having a communist regime with nuclear weapons at the top of the food chain is never a good thing for humanity in general. I will always advocate for the US above any other country as the primary superpower. Right now the worst thing is not that China is number 1 but rather how weak the US has become to the eyes of the world and our competitors.