Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• https://www.foxnews.com/politi…ed-shots-fired-police-say

Wonder if she will still be for defunding the police or find a new found respect for LEO?? Think the thieves picked her because of skin color or type of vehicle?? If it’s the vehicle I’d say cancel all high end vehicles - if we were all driving a 1972 Pinto carjackings would stop immediately - if it’s her skin color it has to be a hate crime - the world we now live 🤬🤬

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Well having everyone driving electric cars could be a big problem in the evenings when the work force gets home and plugs in. I know most of us here are old enough to remember Brown Outs. I can see calling the boss the next day and saying I can't make it in today the car didn't charge. He would probably say that was ok as he didn't have enough power to run the plant anyway.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Well having everyone driving electric cars could be a big problem in the evenings when the work force gets home and plugs in. I know most of us here are old enough to remember Brown Outs. I can see calling the boss the next day and saying I can't make it in today the car didn't charge. He would probably say that was ok as he didn't have enough power to run the plant anyway.

I'm not against electric vehicles but the current technology isn't ready to replace petroleum powered vehicles. Range, recharging, cold temperatures all make EVs inferior. The old and inadequate electric grid doesn't help.

Just not ready for prime time.

• This is what burns me up about this B/S. Many times I go to visit my family. Going through Philly would be the fastest most economical route to follow. Can't do it. The slingshot is an attractive and extremely vulnerable target for thieves. I bypass philadelpha adding an hour time, burning up some more fuel that the very same people are condemning and turnpike tolls. I don't chance it. Again, the honest taxpayer pays the price. :cursing:

Democratic congresswoman who sponsored police 'reform' bill carjacked in crime-surging Philadelphia | Fox News

• Pretty sure the pill is only intended to treat people after they get COVID unlike the vaccines which are preventative - - - And I guess I must be a sheep by your standards because if I were sick in the hospital with COVID you can bet your ass I would take any medicine they told me would get me out of that hospital faster - - - I don't much care for hospitals :thumbsup:

There is already monoclonal txt for early covid patients with an outstanding positive rate. Dont see the point of this except for big pharma to continuemilking billions outta this.

• https://www.keeptalkinggreece.…ization-oxygen-mortality/

Some actual data on Omicron and mortality rates. Yet somehow they want people to believe it is as bad as Delta or worse.

I have not heard a single source either in the media or any politician say omicron is as bad as Delta. What I have heard almost universally is that it seems more contagious but seems much less dangerous and much les likely to cause death.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have not heard a single source either in the media or any politician say omicron is as bad as Delta. What I have heard almost universally is that it seems more contagious but seems much less dangerous and much les likely to cause death.

Oh come on now, In theory they haven't exactly said it with those words, but the fear mongering continues. When you have a White house announcement like this:

Please tell me what does that statement imply IF it is not that Omicron is the end of the world. More fear mongering to continue to push mandates, boosters and now magic pills.

• I know a bunch do not believe the numbers... but two days ago Arizona had the most covid deaths in one day that they have ever had... Today South Korea (yeah a whole different part of the world) had the most deaths from Covid in a single day that they have ever had (I am sure they are trying to dupe their people as well).

He we sit, still debating wether or not we should get vacced, or wear a mask.. In our country we have had about 800k and about 4.5 million die from this little no big deal, it's just like the flu, more people die from (list ones favorite saying) bug in two years. So for those who are against taking precautions, even if the numbers are half of what they said hear and world wide, only three things have killed more people in that same time globally... ischemic Heart Disease, Stroke, COPD.

I have never thought of myself as a sheep, lemming, or a follower, but I also do not see why I should not try to protect myself and those around me. I am not scared, I have said from the beginning of this that if I get it life will go on, or it won't... fact. My biggest concern has always been that I am not the one who was the cause for someone else getting sick, not only from Covid, but from just simple things like the flu or a Cold. When I have been sick I have always told people that I would encounter that "Hey, I have a cold/flu" or whatever... I see the Covid thing as nothing different.

When we talk conspiracy and government control, does one really think every government in the world is like ours??? Every one in the world is dealing with this and is trying to make it go away, not just the US. Recently the former president said get the shot and was booed... people believe what they want to believe when it makes no sense at all.... Yesterday the governor of Colorado gave his update on Covid here and said we have 1053 currently hospitalized for this with 821 of those not vaccinated... So from the cheap seats I can see the vaccine is not 100 percent, but does work. It does save lives.. Anyway... drops mic and steps off soap box.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• I'm not against electric vehicles but the current technology isn't ready to replace petroleum powered vehicles. Range, recharging, cold temperatures all make EVs inferior. The old and inadequate electric grid doesn't help.

Just not ready for prime time.

And from what I've read, ev battery mineral mining is destroying the rain forest. Where are the GREENIES

• You can't use logic... Doesn't work for folks. Minds are made up and can't be changed.

That's why OrangeSlingFL probably booed Trump when he said he got the booster...

tenor.gif

• This is what burns me up about this B/S. Many times I go to visit my family. Going through Philly would be the fastest most economical route to follow. Can't do it. The slingshot is an attractive and extremely vulnerable target for thieves. I bypass philadelpha adding an hour time, burning up some more fuel that the very same people are condemning and turnpike tolls. I don't chance it. Again, the honest taxpayer pays the price. :cursing:

Democratic congresswoman who sponsored police 'reform' bill carjacked in crime-surging Philadelphia | Fox News

Funny you mention that. I posed the same thing a few years ago to a relative who recently retired from Chicago PD in THE worst high crime area. His answer was; “ You’ll most likely be safe as even the dumbest thug would know your in a high visible vehicle that can be seen from any street pole camera or Cop.”

• As using some Gallagher the comedian logic. We should put exhaust fans and wind turbines along the China and North Korean borders aimed at them and have anyone infected with viruses staged to Cough, Sneez or Shit in their direction. Modern age Trojan Horse. In 2 weeks we walk in and take over! Problem Solved🤓